Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 10:20 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times

Advertisements

Criminals need to go to jail. Donnie is a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 10:26 PM

1,227 posts, read 633,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, for crying in the night. Republicans would have indicted Clinton if they could have found anything. As it was, the Republican House impeached Clinton over lying about a consensual blow job with a woman in her twenties.

Democrats may be disorganized and far too willing to write memos and wring their hands instead of following up on subpoenas, but anyone who believes that Trump won't be indicted the minute he leaves office is fooling themselves.
Your wet dreams will be dry and crusty when President Trump leaves office.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:28 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Oh, for crying in the night. Republicans would have indicted Clinton if they could have found anything. As it was, the Republican House impeached Clinton over lying about a consensual blow job with a woman in her twenties.

Democrats may be disorganized and far too willing to write memos and wring their hands instead of following up on subpoenas, but anyone who believes that Trump won't be indicted the minute he leaves office is fooling themselves.
He committed perjury. I know you know that, but I think it's likely that you don't care.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:34 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!
Except Clinton didn't just lie, he committed perjury.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
He should have listened to Howard Stern and not run for President.

Trump can fly away when he leaves office and live out the rest of his life at one of his golf courses over seas. He'll pardon Manafort and Epstien to take with him.
Unless he has one in country with a no-extradition treaty he wouldn’t be safe
And I don’t think he does have one in Russia at this point

Old 07-21-2019, 07:35 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is bizarre that Michael Cohen would be the only one sitting prison for aiding and abetting the Trump crime family while Individual #1 and the rest of the crime family gets to golf.

It is why Trump will be especially desperate to not leave office.

I wonder if you even realize the way you frame things borders on absurd. Trump like most sitting presidents wants to stay in office for another term, having nothing to do with fear of being indicted. Heck if there was no term limits, you'd be claiming Trump wanted t be like FDR to avoid prosecution.

As to this hope by some on the left about going after a president once he leaves office, be careful what you wish for.
Many a liberal/leftist has created situations never before done in our history, then lived to regret it. Whether it be the nuclear option in the Senate or the Biden rule regarding scotus picks.

`

Old 07-21-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
He committed perjury. I know you know that, but I think it's likely that you don't care.
Why do you think Trump’s lawyers wouldn’t let him do a face to face interview with Mueller’s investigation
Because he would perjure himself as many times as he was asked a question

While I admit Clinton’s perjury was not his finest moment, he certainly didn’t commit the crimes Trump has OR lie to the American people every time he opens his mouth—which seems to be Trump’s normal daily mode...

Old 07-21-2019, 07:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One would think that if the GOP was so concerned about semantics of a BJ with a woman of age, that the GOP would want to follow up on alleged rape of a child.

Wouldn't you agree?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/310835987...-Trump-Lawsuit

Last edited by jojajn; 07-21-2019 at 07:48 AM..

Old 07-21-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post

I wonder if you even realize the way you frame things borders on absurd. Trump like most sitting presidents wants to stay in office for another term, having nothing to do with fear of being indicted. Heck if there was no term limits, you'd be claiming Trump wanted t be like FDR to avoid prosecution.

As to this hope by some on the left about going after a president once he leaves office, be careful what you wish for.
Many a liberal/leftist has created situations never before done in our history, then lived to regret it. Whether it be the nuclear option in the Senate or the Biden rule regarding scotus picks.

`
Trump himself would love to be president for life—
That is the wish of most dictators
And he certainly has incentives besides patriotism for doing that
Acting like Trump doesn’t understand that while in the Oval Office he is in a King’s X territory that keeps him from being indicted (as per the SDNY Cohen case where Trump was Conspirator 1 and unindicted because of his presidency) strains credulity...

As dumb as he is, Trump understands he is holding a get out of jail free card while in the Oval Office

Old 07-21-2019, 07:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
Wow a TDS article about someone's opinion... Will wonders never cease... From a blog no less... I am sure the TDS idiots here will eat it up...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies