Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2019, 11:59 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,702 times

Advertisements

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-am...cbs-news-poll/

Majority disagree with Trump. He better watch out. American voters seem to be paying attention to his racist ways......

Old 07-21-2019, 12:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
I wonder how an SJW might spin the "A White guy cannot experience racism or even sexism"-type angle with a story like yours.
OK I am a white male SJW and I have had experiences of white racism by blacks. I had a Scoutmaster in predominately African-American troop. We had like four other white boys and a few Afro-Carribean. Our scoutmaster seemingly let his favorites (all African-American scouts) do whatever and browbeat the others or put a lot of scrutiny towards us. My Eagle Scout project of a video tape was met with several road blocks by him, yet he all but rubber stamped and let a performance art piece be an Eagle Scout project for a favorite of his and even tried helping him get his last minute badges since he would soon hit 18. I was only turning 15 during mine and would be able to help create more Eagles (like the Eagle Scout code asks of you.) Also there was a case of an Eagle Scout Court of Honor that after I had my board of review (the date you become a rank, not to be confused with presentation) I stood up when asked about Eagles and he told me to sit down. Many in the crowd were confused, know I earned my rank. Plus there was a case of the SM being physically hard on an Afro-Carribean scout that my father saw...

The point is, I hate racism in ANY form. It don't matter if it is European on mutts, white or black, Black on white, white on brown, white on tan, Black on tan, tan on white, etc. I rather look at say how a concert I went to last night is, NOBODY cares. We are all humans. I date interracially not because I have some sexual preference that way, just I am colorblind to the races. Too many people laugh at that, but as a people need to become that. That is the only way people will not be called racist, if racism dies. People won't look for the slightest thing to call racist (something I was accused of and hate) as well as race-baiting comments like Trump has said or tweeted time and time again.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:14 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
People should stop being so gullible. It’s likely many, if not most, are fake just like the Georgia state representative that appears to have been caught in a lie claiming a white man told her to go back to wherever. She even filed a police report and people wanted the man investigated. Her story is falling apart.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:15 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Members of the Ku Klux Klan use it as their slogan. You are in good company.
That of course, would depend on context - I think pretty much everyone would have a point at which they think a particular new immigrant, isn't compatible for their new country

Old 07-21-2019, 12:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Read the quote again. If you were born here, you didn’t come here. You are American by birth, making it those experiences even more inappropriate. Further, the First Nations of this land should never experience such experiences, not that anyone should.

If you don’t like who is coming here, no one is making you remain. It is your choice, not theirs. So get your behavior in order.
Yep. I heard Sherrie Joe once asked a waitress where her papers were. Guess what she wasn't Hispanic but rather Native American. Who knew Arizona had so many Natives whether it is on the res or in traditional society...

Old 07-21-2019, 12:50 PM

22,470 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Thank you for making my point regarding Caucasians.

This isn’t about you though. AOC considers herself to be a person of color based on her mixed heritage.

I didn't say it was about me It seems these days it's the trendy thing to call oneself "a person of color" --- trendy to the point where many look for any excuse to apply that term to themselves. I hardly think AOC is a "woman of color". Nor is Rashida Tlaib one either.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Nope, nobody says that. And nobody would think of that either. It's much easier to target brown/black people and just say the line "go back where you came from."

White people who trash America and Trump get a free pass.
Ridiculous response You need to knock that chip off your shoulder.

Nobody would think that if a white American is carping about how much s/he hates the US that no one would tell him/her to move to another country? Wow. You don't get out much, do you?

Old 07-21-2019, 12:59 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Blanket statement. If you hate America go back to your home country and maybe you will appreciate your freedoms here.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,810,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Blanket statement. If you hate America go back to your home country and maybe you will appreciate your freedoms here.
It doesn't work if your home country is America...

Old 07-21-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Rashida Tlaib calls herself a woman of color, even asked the president to acknowledge such. Just because you claim differently doesn’t make it correct.

Ayanna Pressley is African American.

Omar Ilhan is ethnically Somali, and identifies as a person of color.

AOC is ethnically Puerto Rican, pretending that makes her simply white, is a white washing to serve a disingenuous purpose at best. Particularly in light of the fact that the president has already made it clear that he doesn’t feel like Puerto Rico is part of America, or that it’s people are Americans. Just because he is wrong doesn’t change the fact the AOC is a woman of color in his eyes and the relevance of that to his statement,not directed at her and the other who are also people of color to co back to where they came from. A comment he has not directed at other white critics in Congress who actually were born elsewhere.

For clarity he has said an endless stream of vitriol about John McCain, but he never once told him to “go back where he came from” because it would never occur to him to say that to a white man, even one he hated.

Oh enough already! Puerto Rican isn't a race despite those who once hearing that a person is of PR descent demand to know if they are Puerto Rican or white/black. It's not like one can't be both. You obviously are unaware that PRs range from blonde-haired and blue-eyed to dark skinned black. These days it seems that many are looking for an excuse to call themselves "a person of color".

Now you're really stretching by bringing McCain into the conversation. His beef with McCain was different from his beef with "the squad" --- and you know it, too. Yes, the remark "go back to your own country" should have been solely directed at Omar---no argument there. The others, if they hate the US so much, are free to find another country more to their liking. No one is stopping them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies