Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 04:30 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
My wife says that I am a "finisher", meaning once my plate is empty I am usually full. Instead of using a full size dinner plate, my meals are served on a desert plate. It appears that I have a full plate of food and am satisfied when done.
Portion control, as well as poor choices of foods are the two biggest problems with obesity in the U.S. At least Macy's tried, but you can't do anything today as if one person is "offended" then they get to rule the majority due to our ridiculous PC culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2019, 04:31 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Portion control, as well as poor choices of foods are the two biggest problems with obesity in the U.S. At least Macy's tried, but you can't do anything today as if one person is "offended" then they get to rule the majority due to our ridiculous PC culture.
yep. reference post #7, this thread.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yep. reference post #7, this thread.
Yes. I give the post two "Gritty's".

Old 07-22-2019, 05:02 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sure, let's celebrate eating disorders! Hooray!

Good for Macy's. Eating disorders are not funny. Not only do these plates engage in body shaming for those wearing "mom jeans", but also perpetuate the shame often felt by people with anorexia/bulimia who might think the "skinny jeans" circle is too much food.
What about using small, medium and large?

Oooops can't do that either.

Large is unfair\insulting to heavier or bigger individuals
Medium is a normative word and implies a biased standard of what is normal (an implied sleight towards LGBT)
Small could be considered insulting by short people or those with dwarfism

There is really nothing you cannot come up with that I cannot point out as potentially offensive, discriminatory or even racist or sexist.

In fact, it might be fun...heck anybody want to give me 3 sizes that can't be turned into some degree of butt hurt?

Old 07-23-2019, 01:00 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Guys, I would really want to help chip in here but I have too much on my plate!

Old 07-23-2019, 06:59 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Social media is going to destroy the civilized world. It gives every nut a soap box to stand on and demand something and the companies keep imploding over it. Pretty soon there will be no advertising or names on products. We will be living in a bland world where everything is approved and the same.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:11 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Another crazy person. /shrug

I think Macy's was wrong to acquiesce.
Me, too. Pretty simple, really... Don't like the plates? Don't buy them.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Social media is going to destroy the civilized world. It gives every nut a soap box to stand on and demand something and the companies keep imploding over it. Pretty soon there will be no advertising or names on products. We will be living in a bland world where everything is approved and the same.
Social Media is certainly part of the problem and just strokes people's narcissism and obsession with self. Get a life!

Old 07-23-2019, 07:43 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is really nothing you cannot come up with that I cannot point out as potentially offensive, discriminatory or even racist or sexist.

In fact, it might be fun...heck anybody want to give me 3 sizes that can't be turned into some degree of butt hurt?
You could mind your own business when it comes to the food on other people's plates. That is not potentially offensive, discriminatory, racist, or sexist.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:45 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
The whole anti-diet/body-positive thing is nothing more than this week's social media subculture scouring the Interwebz for things they can feel offended by, going crazy with their Instagram?twitter accounts, and doing so in an attempt to make somebody...anybody...as miserable as they are.

Only thing "new" about this "movement" is the topic about which the latest group of knuckleheads gets all righteously indignant about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies