Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 07:52 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Exoneration: to clear, as of an accusation; free from guilt or blame; exculpate.

Trump was not exonerated. No twist of the meaning, no exclamations from the Liar-in-Chief will change that.

Saying this, I don't think it would be wise of the House to begin impeachment proceedings. It would be dead on arrival in the Senate. My opinion has never changed on this. Not that I think Trump is innocent of the charges, but I think the House needs to devote their time to actually passing Legislation.
That's NOT how American legal jurisprudence works!
You are presumed INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!!!

Old 07-25-2019, 07:53 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
I almost fell out of my recliner when, early on, one of the Democrats state that destroying evidence, is blatant obstruction of justice, trying to pin that on Team Trump. There were so many other hypocrisies committed by the Dems after that, I can’t remember the exact words or who said it now. All I could think about was how Hillary had destroyed so much evidence.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:55 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
That's NOT how American legal jurisprudence works!
You are presumed INNOCENT until PROVEN GUILTY!!!

You can be exonerated if you are first found guilty. Problem is, they haven’t found Trump guilty of anything.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:05 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
die hard dems are having their "robert the bruce" moment when they realize everything they were told and manipulated into believing turns out to be false -- and the person they put the most hope in shatters their dreams.

now the tide turns and we get to uncover Hillary's transgressions.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:31 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
We all missed Days of Our Lives for that? lol

Old 07-25-2019, 08:35 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
You can be exonerated if you are first found guilty. Problem is, they haven’t found Trump guilty of anything.
Exoneration is nonexistent in the US legal system. You have two outcomes, starting from innocence:
  1. Found guilty
  2. Remain innocent
That's it, that's all, nothing in between.

There is no "we the jury find the defendant not guilty, but we do not exonerate them because well, we don't like them."

Exoneration is not a thing. You are innocent until someone proves beyond reasonable doubt (criminal law) that you are guilty.

Has anyone proven beyond reasonable doubt, in criminal court, that Donald Trump is guilty of a crime? Last I checked, the answer is no.

Has Donald Trump been formally accused (indicted, charged, anything...OFFICIALLY) of anything? Last I checked, the answer is no.

No formal charges, no prosecution, no due process, nothing. Uhm, that means he is as innocent now as the day he was born, according to the legal framework that governs this land. If that bums you out, charge the man with a crime and prove his guilt in a court of law.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Oh my Lord in heaven, how many times do things need to be repeated?

Mueller did not exonerate because he cannot exonerate. It is not a statement of guilt.

That was covered during the hearing yesterday - which I watched.

How many times do people have to post things before some of you get it?

Fellow Dems - please start sounding a little brighter, will you? We already have egg on our face.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:39 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Exoneration is nonexistent in the US legal system. You have two outcomes, starting from innocence:
  1. Found guilty
  2. Remain innocent
That's it, that's all, nothing in between.

There is no "we the jury find the defendant not guilty, but we do not exonerate them because well, we don't like them."

Exoneration is not a thing. You are innocent until someone proves beyond reasonable doubt (criminal law) that you are guilty.

Has anyone proven beyond reasonable doubt, in criminal court, that Donald Trump is guilty of a crime? Last I checked, the answer is no.

Has Donald Trump been formally accused (indicted, charged, anything...OFFICIALLY) of anything? Last I checked, the answer is no.

No formal charges, no prosecution, no due process, nothing. Uhm, that means he is as innocent now as the day he was born, according to the legal framework that governs this land. If that bums you out, charge the man with a crime and prove his guilt in a court of law.
I'm not sure why there are those pushing this 'not exonerated' thing as something important. Even the most low IQ American understands our judicial system is based upon the presumption of innocence. A child can spout off the line innocent until proven guilty. As much as they want to pretend this idea of being exonerated is a real thing, rational people see it for what it is - a political statement - because they know our system presumes innocent and if Trump isn't found guilty of anything, he is innocent. Period. End of story. They need to move on from this because it's really looking foolish now.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:41 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Things I’ve learned at C-D:

Every Democrat is a scientist.
Every Democrat is a law scholar.

I thought everybody knew this by now.

Old 07-25-2019, 08:43 AM

15,834 posts, read 6,543,563 times
A number of my office mates were pretty offended by the way the Republicans treated Mueller. He's one of them -- or at least one of what the Republicans used to be. It's like the Republican party has gone from stodgy businessmen to rude car salesmen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies