Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 03:14 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The vast majority of Fake News ("media") today are all about pushing a left-wing agenda (communism).

I would absolutely classify the vast majority of them enemies of the people.
You're making a wild, off the cuff accusation about so-called fake news? Hmm. Love the irony there. Do you have a reliable citation for this assertion?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:23 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Boy Susan Rice has a lot of power, fo you have a link.

Read it and weep.

The Obama White House’s chief cyber official testified Wednesday that proposals he was developing to counter Russia’s attack on the U.S. presidential election were put on a “back burner” after he was ordered to stand down his efforts in the summer of 2016.

As intelligence came in during the late spring and early summer of that year about the Russian attack, Daniel instructed his staff on the National Security Council to begin developing options for aggressive countermeasures to deter the Kremlin’s efforts, including mounting U.S. “denial of service” attacks on Russian news sites and other actions targeting Russian cyber actors.

Daniel declined to discuss the details of those options during Wednesday’s open hearing, saying he would share them with the panel during a classified session later in the day. But he described his proposals as “the full range of potential actions” that the U.S. government could use in the cyber arena “to impose costs on the Russians — both openly to demonstrate that we could do it as a deterrent and also clandestinely to disrupt their operations as well.”

Sen. James Risch, R-Idaho, asked about a “Russian Roulette” passage in which one of Daniel’s staff members, Daniel Prieto, recounted a staff meeting shortly after the cyber coordinator was ordered by Susan Rice, President Obama’s national security adviser, to stop his efforts and “stand down.” This order was in part because Rice feared the options would leak and “box the president in.”

“I was incredulous and in disbelief,” Prieto is quoted as saying in the book. “It took me a moment to process. In my head, I was like, did I hear that correctly?” Prieto told the authors he then spoke up, asking Daniel: “Why the hell are we standing down? Michael, can you help us understand?”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-cyb...204935758.html

Just to give you multiple sources.

Michael Daniel confirmed Wednesday that former national security adviser Susan Rice ordered him and his staff to "stand down" in 2016 in regard to Russian attempts to meddle in the 2016 election.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-2016-election

Old 07-25-2019, 03:27 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
Terrible for the Dems. Another deflated attempt to make their case to the American people.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:28 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I was flabbergasted.
I think there is something wrong with the guy. You know, early stage dementia or something like that. Wasn't familiar with Fusion GPS?!

The whole thing reminded me of that old Movie "Being There" where Chance, a feeble minded gardener, is mistaken for a profound guru of some sort. Shirley McClain and Peter Sellers. Every time he said something people just clung to it looking for deeper meaning.
Almost like Alan Greenspan and the way people used to discuss and debate what he meant..... and it meant nothing!
He's very familiar with Fusion GPS. He was just playing games and didn't want to open up that can of worms.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:45 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No. He didn't say that. Sounds like you're still not listening.

Why listen, when you can read?

Quote:
Although the investigation established that the Russian government perceived it would benefit from a Trump presidency and worked to secure that outcome, and that the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts, the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.
Above, from the mueller report page 1 and page 2....

Old 07-25-2019, 03:45 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The entire format was crazy, he’s trying to look up a page in the report and answer a question in less than 5 minutes and stay within the guidelines. He didn’t handle it well but it would be difficult hot snyone.
Should have spoken up after the first GOPer did that sh** to him. No reason that they didn't have what they were referring to available as they had 4 months to prepare. The DEMS had a slide printed up for him to refer to - GOPers didn't. Purposely to make him look lost and bumbling.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:59 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Should have spoken up after the first GOPer did that sh** to him. No reason that they didn't have what they were referring to available as they had 4 months to prepare. The DEMS had a slide printed up for him to refer to - GOPers didn't. Purposely to make him look lost and bumbling.

This entire russia thing was purposely done by the dems, if they would have stopped it (when they had the chance).... Yet here we are...

Old 07-25-2019, 04:14 PM

24,625 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Terrible for the Dems. Another deflated attempt to make their case to the American people.
You would think they would give up at this point. So much taxpayer money has been wasted on this.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:14 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
This entire russia thing was purposely done by the dems, if they would have stopped it (when they had the chance).... Yet here we are...
Even if you were correct, Russia is still interfering in our elections, Trumps campaign welcomed the help and no one is stopping them now. Two wrongs do not make a right. The second that contact was made, the FBI should have been called and they weren't.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:15 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You quoted me and posted something completely unrelated.

So I guess I'll do the same:

Ten attempts of obstruction, 37 indictments, 7 plead guilty Trump firing 5 people for the cover up and telling McGahn to fire Mueller, and sign a fake document, and whole lot of Manafort's money (est. $41 mil).

Yet here we are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies