Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2019, 02:18 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Michael Moore in virtual meltdown mode:

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/1154066705284390912
Wow... they're really butthurt.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:19 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
I think you are confused - we are not talking murder - murder is a state crime and he can be arrested and indicted without impeachment. Congress and Judicial do NOT prosecute a president for murder because it is a state crime and would be state justice department and courts. A president cannot be indicted for a federal crime, a president can be impeached for "High Crimes and Misdemeanors."
No, that's not quite correct. There are many types of murder that are federal crimes. The most likely murder that a president would commit -- against a congressperson, cabinet member or a federal judge -- is a federal crime, not a state crime.

In fact, the Constitution is clear that the only punishment the Senate may dole out is removal from office and that once "convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law" as a private citizen.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:20 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well for the record it corrected the lies that this was a witch hunt and that Trump was exonerated. I expect a full correction and apology from our president shortly.
President was, in fact, exonerated, and the witch hunt shown to be exactly that. You must not have paid any attention, whatsoever.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:20 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
LOL!

Oh and by the way......Trump - 2020!!!

Old 07-24-2019, 02:21 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
And that accepting assistance from a foreign power is a crime

Did the Hillary, and the DNC violate the law when they accepted help form a foreign power?

Old 07-24-2019, 02:21 PM

43,097 posts, read 18,269,535 times
4 years...countless investigations...no crime.
All because of Hillary's fake dossier on Trump.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm sure the Democrats are very disappointed. They didn't get what they wanted. The Republicans used it effectively. Mueller was made to look like a person who wasn't in charge of the investigation, and was clueless about what was going on. He also contradicted his own statements to Barr, just as he had previously done. Most importantly, the Republicans showed that Mueller had applied the law unequally, and had also applied the law incorrectly, in the case of questions of "obstruction of justice," which didn't happen.

A prosecutor's job is not to exonerate. That assumes guilt, which is not how our system works. A prosecutor must prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. If he can't do that, he doesn't say, "but I can't exonerate him, either." A person is either guilty or not guilty. Period. Trump was found, NOT GUILTY.
Yeah... it was undoubtedly an unmitigated clusterf---. Bet the Dems weren't expecting that.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lieu: "The reason you did not indict Donald Trump... is because of the OLC decision. Is that correct?"

Mueller: "That is correct."

What part of this is difficult for folks to understand?
Quote:
What did the Mueller report say about Trump and obstruction of justice?

During his May 29 press conference, Mueller said: “If we had had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the President did commit a crime.” Mueller referred to Volume II of the report for his explanation, which outlined Justice Department policy that a President cannot be charged with a crime while he is in office. The basis for that legal argument, according to the report, is that charging a sitting President with a crime would undermine the President’s ability to oversee the criminal justice system.

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/22/207042...ittle-bit-lies
Mueller also confirmed that the FBI was lied to by the administration, Russia election interference was not a hoax and it was intended to help Trump, that the Trump camp obstructed justice multiple times and that they were seeking to make money from their Russia associations during the time of the election and lied about it.

Mueller Has Provided Congress With Everything It Needs to Impeach Trump
Now, Congress must act.

https://www.thenation.com/article/mu...y-impeachment/

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-24-2019 at 02:57 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 02:23 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
IIRC, Trump was clear that he would be glad to sit down for an interview with team Mueller. However, his attorneys determined that it would be impossible for him not to commit perjury and advised against it.

Trump subsequently declined an in person interview.
"it would be impossible for him to not commit perjury" - try again, an opinion presented as fact. Pure BS. Cant find facts so lets make them up.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:23 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Mueller:

I don't remember, I don't recall
I got no memory of anything at all
I don't remember, I don't recall
I got no memory of anything
Anything at all
Strange is your language and I have no decoder
Why don't you make your intentions clear

Mueller was playing the senile card

So sad how he made it clear, in his BS way, that he is actually a political partisan shill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wow... they're really butthurt.
They dug their hole! I hope they choke on it.

I've never been post 666
It's kind of ironic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies