Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 11:02 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Your claim is made up
It's just as credible as your claims about President Trump, that's the whole point of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 11:06 AM

27,568 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Democrats have been calling Republicans bigoted and racist for the last 50 years.

So, this is hardly anything new just because Trump is President. Maybe they stepped it up a little bit because of the illegal immigration issue.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:13 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Liberals have never watched the youtube videos from the '90s showing Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton praising Trump's outreach to minorities. Trump was one of the first to support Jackson when he ran for president and everyone else laughed at him.

It's easier for lazy libs not to think.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:18 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
He referred to Mexicans as rapists and murderers. He mocks people with disabilities. When talking about white supremacy said there were good people on both sides.
Lets see he was referring to many crossing the US border illegally-bringing drugs-bringing crime.Some are rapists and murderers, some are good people. Is this not true? Is there not illegal drugs coming over the border, is it not know that some illegals have been charged with rape and murder and is it not known that women crossing the border illegally with the help of coyotes are often raped? So facts are racist.
Whether or not Trump was mocking the reporter or imitating him IDK. That was one reporter. Who are the other disabled people he mocked?

There were white supremacist and others protesting the removal of a statue. They were confronted by counter protesters. Skirmishes and violence ensued. It was not one sided.

A snip it of Trumps responses during a long question/answer session.

Quote:
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
Do you believe all those protesting the removal of the statue were inherently bad people? Were all the counter protester with clubs and various weapons confronting legal protesters all inherently good people?

How does any of this make a person a racist or bigot?

Old 07-08-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump has an ego big as all outdoors, but not a drop of common sense. It likes to be paraded around and fluffed up, like a bird ruffles up its feathers. The " P " grabbing, bragging and exaggerating, and nothing but winning attitude when you have clearly failed on many levels goes along with that. He cant even win the presidency without complaining about the votes he lost.
And that makes one racist, sexist and a bigot?

So are all those with big egos and/or narcissistic misogynistic racists and bigots?
Do you know what those words mean?

Old 07-08-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Your right about the no filter thing with Trump. LOL. I wished he had a bit more of a filter truth be told.

I'm not a trump fan and I really don't care if trump is a sexist or whatever, he probably is one but at his age I doubt he's going to change. In fairness to him he has a history of hiring and putting women into positions of power, so I'll give him that much.

I've never been a big fan either and wish he had a filter and would stop tweeting but the continued attacks on him for absurd and unfounded things forces me to be defensive.
He is egotistic, brass and unfiltered, not a politician, but maybe, just maybe that is exactly what this country needed. An honestly the country IMO has taken an upswing.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:29 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
Wasn't there a lawsuit regarding housing discrimination?
When he took over his dads company. But several yrs later he was given an award by jesse jackson (i think it was him) for his contributions to the black community.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:37 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

I've never been a big fan either and wish he had a filter and would stop tweeting but the continued attacks on him for absurd and unfounded things forces me to be defensive.
He is egotistic, brass and unfiltered, not a politician, but maybe, just maybe that is exactly what this country needed. An honestly the country IMO has taken an upswing.
Yeah, it's amazing times we're in now. I spend so much time defending trump that I feel like I'm in the damn twilight zone, or Black Mirror for the younger set.

I highly value intellectual honesty and unfortunately it's just not there with some people when it comes to Trump. I think that is really more of what I'm defending, the pursuit of being truthful, even when it makes you feel uncomfortable to do so.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:51 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,804,991 times
Trump was never a racist 'til he came down the escalator.
He endorsed gay marriage before Obama and Hillary.
It's a dishonest attack. "The Big Lie."
Typical...label someone a racist and keep repeating it until it is accepted fact.
They're now trying to do it to Biden.
Judge the President's actions, not what fake news tells you.
He's done more for African-Americans than Obama, by far.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:51 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Not a liberal but with all the videos and articles about Trump's bigotry, chances are extremely low that all of those stories or videos are fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies