Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 04:22 PM

15,086 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Muslims are followers or practitioners of Islam.

Islam is a religion, not a race nor ethnicity.

Muslims can be of any race or ethnicity.
Wrong. Islam is an ideological based political system of governance and law, for which religion and it’s religious authorities serve as the governing authority. There’s a big big difference.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
How does one display "contempt for America"? Your definition is so obscure that is rendered meaningless.

Also who defines what is and is not in "contempt for America"?
I never defined it, therefore the claim that my definition is obscure is silly. Mr Webster has defined “contempt”, and it’s rather straightforward. Then, you simply need to apply it to America. There is no special difference between contempt for America or contempt for anything else, so it shouldn’t be so problematic for you.

A great example may help ..... such as when Obama’s Pastor said “God bless America? No, I say God Damn America!”.

I don’t believe one could be more clear about one’s contempt for America, than that little gem. Does that make the concept clearer?

Old 08-01-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't know who your friends are, but people who are members of a minority that I know are nothing like what you describe. You seem intent on segregating people as 'us' and 'them' or this and that. It's offensive to me and I was born and raised here.
No, the left has developed this tactic as it’s primary tour de force, pitting one group against the other, for the purpose of securing political support. Likewise, special interest groups (read: singularly concerned with its own best interests) are the wedge that fractures and causes division.

Quote:
You sound as if you think people have to give up their heritage, religious beliefs and culture if they live in the US or are legitimately elected. I just don't look at people like that and I do not like people being put in boxes and labeled. It matters not how you personally adapted or live--everyone is different in the way they look at things. Perhaps you should stop stereotyping people--we do not all fit in one of your little categories.
Sadly, your brainwashing has been a resounding success. However, the truth is, stereotypes didn’t just appear out of thin air, nor are they constructed by someone of ill intent, nor automatically something evil ... they are simply general observations of something that tends to exhibit a certain consistency ... not necessarily universal, or without exceptions, but tending to be true, generally. Would not the old adage “birds of a feather, flock together” not be a form of stereotype? Does this observation remotely suggest hatred of a particular species of birds that “flock together”? Of course not. It would be an absurd insinuation. Likewise, when one sees a full size truck, dramatically lowered, and sporting much smaller wheels and tires than are typical to such vehicles, the odds are great that the owner/driver is likely of Hispanic origin. Does that observation in any way insinuate that I hate Hispanic people? Of course not. It’s simply an honest observation, just the same as if I suggested that a similar truck jacked up 12” with huge wheels and tires would likely be owned and operated by a good ole white country boy. It’s an observation that I promise you, if you bet me, you’ll lose much more than you’d ever win by exception. For the record, I don’t hate white country boys either ... cuz I are one.

Lastly, let’s talk about this matter to which you liberal folks are so fundamentally wrong about, OK? This insane notion that “diversity”, and particularly with regard to “cultural diversity” is a positive thing that builds cohesion among the masses. ITS THE GREAT LIE YOU ALL HAVE SWALLOWED, HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER. THIS IS THE OKIE DOKE THAT YOU ACCEPTED. It’s not only not true, it’s the complete opposite of the truth, and the word itself, reveals its nature ... diversity.... diverse ... divide ... division. When it comes to society and culture, how can diversity (divide, division) produce a desirable outcome? It CANNOT. It creates competition between the diverse groups and cultures, all of whom naturally want to be the dominant group, just as two sports teams each want to defeat the other, and win the game.

This leads us to your final, and most ridiculous part of the post ....

Quote:
BTW, everyone is NOT a nationalist and does not necessarily believe in the self-serving slogan 'America First.'.
If you do not believe in America first, the most logical question begs to be asked, just what place do you believe America should land? Last place? Third place? Where?

Assuming you are an American, (or self identify as such), why on earth would you desire America to finish any place other than first? Given the fundamental nature of, and basic common sense to aspire to one’s own best interests, and that of their family, friends, colleagues and neighbors.... AND COUNTRY ... why would you not automatically be a “Nationalist”, given the definition of nationalism being the desire to see your country’s interests (and thusly, your own personal interests) be the first priority of your elected leaders and representatives?

Someone earlier was confused about what constitutes being anti-American .... I see no greater definition than someone who rejects the philosophy of “America first”, when the opposite of that would naturally suggest “America last”.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:15 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I never defined it, therefore the claim that my definition is obscure is silly. Mr Webster has defined “contempt”, and it’s rather straightforward. Then, you simply need to apply it to America. There is no special difference between contempt for America or contempt for anything else, so it shouldn’t be so problematic for you.

A great example may help ..... such as when Obama’s Pastor said “God bless America? No, I say God Damn America!”.

I don’t believe one could be more clear about one’s contempt for America, than that little gem. Does that make the concept clearer?
Quote:
No, I say God Damn America!”.
America can do no wrong ...

Old 08-01-2019, 06:20 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
and he replied that Arizona should belong to Mexico.
If Arizona was ceded to Mexico, none of them would want to live there.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:21 PM

652 posts, read 340,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Never heard of an Immigrant that wasn’t loyal to the United States. They always come here to be Americans and they’re almost always the most patriotic Americans.

I do know of many conservatives however that ALWAYS put the interests of other nations ahead of the United State’s interests. There are millions of such people.

What you’re really asking OP is “don’t you hate it when non white immigrants (who happen to be elected members of Congress) disagree with Republican policies and and other (dumb) foreign policy positions being carried out by the Trump Administration?”

My answer: NOPE!
Ahh, another ‘I hate America’ post by another hateful liberal.

My oh my, you people sure do carry around a lot of baggage. TDS will take its toll.

Old 08-01-2019, 06:31 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I'm not liberal so-to-speak, but the answer to that is ... it is not an issue concerning the immigrant but an issue with the University, but at the same time the University is free to choose.

Legislating behavior ... this is the America we want?

I didn't, but I thought about it, for July 4th hanging the u.s. flag upside down. Some would say, yep, I get it; while others would have been offended by the gesture ... how far do we go with it ... I get thrown into the poky for doing it? (HOA would have other policies, I'd have to abide by or move)

The question is as always has been ... where does the government stop and I begin?

It is much easier to play along to get along than it is to stand on one's principle, thus the reason it isn't seen coming out of the WH any more.

American burning the flag good, immigrant doing the same bad. Maybe both should be thrown into the poky and forego the double standards on 'free people'.
Too many people who wrap themselves in the flag (literally), proclaim themselves to be "patriotic" and accuse others of not being sufficiently patriotic, while simulateously displaying behaviors and other views that are detrimental, even harmful, to the polity.

To quote Samuel Johnson, "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Old 08-01-2019, 06:46 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
I'm a very proud Dual citizen - -American and Canadian. Canada is my heritage. My family arrived in Canada before most of your families arrive in the USA.....(I know that means nothing but it sounded dramatic -- lol).

I defend the USA to ignorant Canadians and defend Canada to ignorant Americans.

Both are great countries. USA has better weather.

When I spoke out against the Iraq war I was told by one ignorant person I didn't have a say (wasn't a citizen at the time).

That's the thing -- I can say whatever I want.....LOL - that's the USA kids...get over yourself.

As for HOA's not allowing flags ---- please send the stories about the HOA that said no flags because the immigrants would be offended.

I think the USA is a great country and is able to develop immigration policies that are humane, cost effective, secure.

I don't believe a wall is a solution to this complex problem. There are so many other steps, less costly, more effective that could be taken and should be taken before the capital expenditure of a wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies