Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should 'trannies' be legally obligated to inform sexual partners of their change?
Yes 78 55.32%
No 63 44.68%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:28 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
I have seen a mtf genitalia and it looks exactly the same, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Now as far as ftm, that I have not seen, only pictures in a Human Sexuality textbook, and there were some where you could not tell, and some that you would know right away. But why would it matter? You wouldn't be able to have children, but it's not like you are sleeping with someone of the same sex. Would it really matter that much?
Only if honesty & reality matter to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 05:33 AM

877 posts, read 2,768,283 times
If you are in a committed relationship then it is something that needs to be discussed. It is something that is major and a big part of a person's life and they need to know if it is going to cause a problem that the other person is not going to be able to deal with.

For a casual encounter then that is something different because neither party is really all that interested in building something with the other person, and not to be crude but after their brief relationship will probably not have contact with each other.

Legally required is something else. Since legally the person is now the gender that they are representing then nothing has to be discussed.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:00 AM

85 posts, read 332,996 times
Quote:
Should 'trannies' be legally obligated to inform sexual partners of their change?
No. It is far beyond the government's responsibility to enforce honesty and forthrightness in personal relationships. If someone knowingly exposes a sexual partner to a STD (without letting that person know) - that's a different story. However, trying to legally protect someone from the emotional harm of being misled seems just a little extreme to me.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
Legally required is something else. Since legally the person is now the gender that they are representing then nothing has to be discussed.
Good point--I hadn't thought about that. And not to mention how Big Brother-esque it sounds, anyway. The idea of the government enforcing such a thing is absurd to me.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM

6 posts, read 20,275 times
Default NO, not required but recommeded.

I find it hard to believe that one would compare have a sexually transmitted disease to a person being transsexual. Most transsexuals who go through sexual reassignment surgery just believe that they are having surgery to get their gender corrected not changed so as in the case of a male to female transsexual they never felt they were male in the first place so they feel they have little or nothing to apologize about.

I understand this but I do feel that as has been stated before though that if they are in a committed relatiships there should be nothing hidden in the clouds. Though I am sure many would fear that they might be rejected if they share there past due to a history of being rejected.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:35 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,959,280 times
So someone approaches me that seems to be a woman, this person wants a serious relationship or a one night stand, dosen't matter which one.
If it's a relationship, I spend time and invest emotionally with this person, we get married. Later on I want to start a family and at this point this seemingly woman tells me she's really a man and has no internal female reproductive organs.
It dawns on me I've been sleeping with a man and was never told, but was lied to and trapped in a farce of a marriage.
I find it odd that some would defend the right to be misled.
Same with a one night stand, if a trans sexual knows or reasonably knows that a man is strictly heterosexual why would he play himself off as a woman and then be surprised or offended when the straight male wants to react negatively.
I can take a engine out of a mercedes and stick it in a pinto all day long, that dosen't make a pinto a mercedes.
I can cut off a man's penis, give him hormones to soften his skin and voice, grow breasts and stop facial hair. Stick a wig on him and teach him how to walk in high heels. Does this make him a woman? I think not.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:42 PM

1,373 posts, read 3,127,194 times
Yes. I'd sure like to know!

I don't know about "legally" obligated though. I don't think it should be a crime if they don't tell. It's like adultery.

Old 11-27-2008, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 3,119 times
I think it is the responsibility of the person who is in the relationship to determine if they want to be with the person. I dont care what doctors think they can do, you can always tell when its mtf or ftm. There are things about the other sex that you can not change in the O.R. It would take a lot of talent for someone to really change everything to not be noticed and found out with a little bit of a closer look. Even down to the voice. If you have been in a relationship with someone that is a transsexual, and you are commited, then no, they should keep it a secret instead of trashing what you already feel is a good relationship with someone you love. Once you are in the relationship and are really commited and have had sex and the works, and you have not noticed, then you really don't care anyway. Why ruin a good thing if you don't have to.

No, I am not a transsexual in any way and love woman. I just think that honesty is important, but its also about the person being honest with him/herself. They had the sex change done so they did not have to live the life of the other sex, telling every person they are with about it, will be defeating the purpose of the change.

Besides, how do we know that what sex a person is???? We look to see if they have a penis, or a vergina....Right? So if you have that changed, doesn't your sex change??? So if a man goes through the process and has all that changed, why wouldn't he be a woman now???? Everything we use to classify a sex of a person all points to a woman. Who says it can't be changed. Paint can be blue, but if you add yellow to it, its now green paint. We don't call it Blue paint anymore. The elements of it have been changed. Its no longer blue.

Not all woman can reproduce, so that cannot even be used in an arugement. I dated a woman for a while, and she had cancer down there so she was not able to have kids. Does that mean I stop calling her a woman?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:07 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,018,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veltz View Post
Should 'trans-sexuals' MOD CUT be required to tell their partners of their change?

Would you feel comfortable finding that a sexual partner is actually a member of the same sex as you? Would you be progressive and embrace such diversity?

In my opinion, they should be required to. Just like I believe that those with sexually transmitted diseases should be required to inform their partner or face legal consequences.
He11 yeah! I don't want to have a relationship with someone who was born a female. Transexual = gender confused individuals.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:44 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Transexual = gender confused individuals.
Who else can we judge today? Let's finish up with the sexual minorities before we move on to something else that makes one hell-bound, I guess. How about asexual people? Must be something wrong with them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies