Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 12:41 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

15,000 people died from lack of medical care. I doubt. Many hospitals and doctors provide free medical care for indigents even when they have stage 4 cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 12:42 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,858,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
TOkidd, I'm afraid your parents failed you. The way it works is that we have opportunities and its up to us to take advantage of them or not. If we don't, then that's on us. It's not everyone else's job to pay for our failings in life.
I'm not going to get bated into a silly argument by someone I don't know.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
15,000 people died from lack of medical care. I doubt. Many hospitals and doctors provide free medical care for indigents even when they have stage 4 cancer.
Stage 4 cancer...you do realize that stage 4 cancer is usually the end of the line. At that point, the doctor's care is mainly palliative.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:51 AM

Quote:
So you know more than the scholars who wrote the report for the National Bureau of Economic Research that you can simply dismiss the number by saying, "I doubt"? Is that what passes for critical thinking on this board?

Old 07-24-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Here in North Carolina, the Republican-dominated legislature has consistently defeated any type of Medicaid expansion. What that means, is that a lower-middle class family who is "too rich" for Medicare (because the income limit to exclude eligibility is so low) and cannot afford ACA plans, is between a rock and a hard place.

A 40 year old woman with breast cancer from such a family will probably die from lack of treatment. This is especially true in rural areas, where the local hospital has closed down, and even charity care is only available in a major city many miles away. So she ends up untreated with Stage 4 cancer and dies at home.

This type of family is the kind that voted for Trump. So when you think about it, the Republican party in NC is killing off its own voters. Rural Republicans in NC, please enjoy your TrumpCare! Here's to your tenuous good health!
In my town, the local hospital, which recently opened a cancer care center, is willing to provide free medical care for the indigent when they have stage 4 cancer. But I assume they don't for cancer sufferers who are lower middle class who aren't indigent and have no health insurance.

Republicans in Red States don't want more Medicaid because able bodied workers can get off their health insurance offered from their employer and get on Medicaid. And so that forces the state to come up with the money to pay for that additional Medicaid.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:15 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
In my town, the local hospital, which recently opened a cancer care center, is willing to provide free medical care for the indigent when they have stage 4 cancer. But I assume they don't for cancer sufferers who are lower middle class who aren't indigent and have no health insurance.

Republicans in Red States don't want more Medicaid because able bodied workers can get off their health insurance offered from their employer and get on Medicaid. And so that forces the state to come up with the money to pay for that additional Medicaid.
Well it's nice that your town is providing free medical care for poor stage 4 cancer victims. But I'm sure a vast majority of them would have preferred medical care earlier, so they might never have gotten to stage 4 and went on to a normal lifespan.

I'm sure that the many people in NY,NJ and California, along with the other states that have expanded Medicaid programs and use Oklahoma's Federal Tax dollars for that expansion, appreciate the sacrifice your dying OK citizens have made to keep them alive! It's a kind of Red to Blue transfer of life, when you think about it.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Well it's nice that your town is providing free medical care for poor stage 4 cancer victims. But I'm sure a vast majority of them would have preferred medical care earlier, so they might never have gotten to stage 4 and went on to a normal lifespan.

I'm sure that the many people in NY,NJ and California, along with the other states that have expanded Medicaid programs and use Oklahoma's Federal Tax dollars for that expansion, appreciate the sacrifice your dying OK citizens have made to keep them alive! It's a kind of Red to Blue transfer of life, when you think about it.
Well, Oklahoma Republicans, including the governor, simply feel it's wrong and immoral for less fortunate people to become dependent upon the government for anything, including medical care.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
So you know more than the scholars who wrote the report for the National Bureau of Economic Research that you can simply dismiss the number by saying, "I doubt"? Is that what passes for critical thinking on this board?
I feel sure conservatives in this forum also doubt the 15,000 deaths figure along with me.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:12 AM

1,705 posts, read 538,122 times
Quote:
I feel sure conservatives in this forum also doubt the 15,000 deaths figure along with me.

35-45.000 Americans dies each year, due to lack of healthcare!

And it was even worse before the ACA.. it at least slowed it down a little!

America.. the only 1st world nation in the world, that lets its citizens die due to lack of healthcare.
While spending TWICE as much as any other 1st world nation.
FACT!

Old 07-24-2019, 05:45 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
TOkidd, I'm afraid your parents failed you. The way it works is that we have opportunities and its up to us to take advantage of them or not. If we don't, then that's on us. It's not everyone else's job to pay for our failings in life.
Like many other conservatives you fail to grasp what he said in his post. I don't believe it's because you can't grasp it but, rather, you refuse to acknowledge reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies