Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think:
Rashida Tlaib should run for and win the Presidency? 3 2.03%
Rashida Tlaib is a material asset to Congress and her district? 13 8.78%
Is sincere in her love for her grandmother? 14 9.46%
Is a national disgrace? 103 69.59%
Is a traitor? 40 27.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 08:12 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
From what I've read, Talib and Omar listed 'Palestine' rather than Israel or specific sites as their destination. A reasonable response is to deny entry because there is no 'Palestine' and a new itinerary listing specific cities/sites would be considered.
Exactly, and I've already posted about that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
To enter "Palestine," one must have a valid visa to enter any one of the following countries: Israel, Jordan or Egypt... from which one can then enter "Palestine" without a visa. "Palestine" doesn't have an airport and it doesn't issue visas. Again, because it exists only in theory.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:13 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Reminds me of the youtube "President Trump: How & Why".....in short, you don't make friends by insulting them.

Old 08-17-2019, 08:14 AM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
The reason they gave for not going on the big trip earlier this month is because AIPAC sponsored that trip.

You can give a million proofs of why this trip of theirs was to promote BDS and propagandize against Israel, and of Israel having the legal right to exclude them. None of that makes Israel's decision a smart decision in terms of political or popular support in the U.S..

From what I've read, Talib and Omar listed 'Palestine' rather than Israel or specific sites as their destination. A reasonable response is to deny entry because there is no 'Palestine' and a new itinerary listing specific cities/sites would be considered.
I would suggest that the idea that Israel is harming itself politically is a leftwing pipe dream, particularly as you consider the polling on this very thread.

The “squad” enjoys very little support, even among the democrat base. Their extremist views are not in sync with the majority of Americans. They are indeed the gift that keeps on giving to the Republican Party.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excellent. I tried to rep you, but couldn't.

I also think it is pure insanity for progressives to expect American Jews to defend Tlaib - and then become enraged when they don't. She is an enemy of Israel who supports the anti-Semitic BDS movement.
Indeed. I, once upon a time was a critic of Israel .... one could go back several years and find evidence of that in posts l made right here. However, as time has passed, I became more acquainted with all of the facts, and that forced me to reconsider my position.

The sad reality is that there are indeed great numbers of Palestinians suffering tremendously, and no one of good conscience could avoid feeling sympathetic to their plight. In that, I have not changed my feelings, but when it comes to placing blame for this situation, I cannot lay it solely upon Israel, even though on the surface, it’s easy to do.

When we see the IDF evicting Palestinians from their homes, and handing those properties to Israeli settlers, and we see these systematic efforts to expand and drive out Palestinians in masse .... it’s quite natural to immediately blame Israel as the perpetrators of the conflict. However, there are underlying issues and complexities that few critics of Israel are willing to explore or acknowledge. The reality is, these Palestinians are being used as pawns in the undeterred war efforts against the State of Israel by radical Muslim organizations who unashamedly and openly declare their desire to wipe Israel off the map. This war against Israel has been ongoing for decades. Consequently, Israel finds itself in a perpetual state of survival that never ends. Israel is indeed at war, and war always produces “collateral damage”. In such fights for survival, ugly things do occur, and that’s precisely what we see. The unfortunate reality is that these suffering Palestinians are that collateral damage. They are, in many cases, innocent casualties of a war to which they have no control over, yet find themselves in the crossfire.

Now, if you go back 10-15-20 years or so, the major headline news was not Israel evicting Palestinians from homes .... it was Palestinian suicide bombers blowing up bus loads of Israeli school children .... suicide bombers blowing up discotheques and market places, indiscriminately murdering innocent Israeli civilians. We seem to have collectively forgotten about that. Yet, this is no longer occurring with frequency, NOT because of some conscious choice on the part of Israel’s enemies, but because of Israel’s successful security measures which include creating larger buffer zones, and physical barriers that make such attacks far more difficult to commit.

And while there are no doubt large numbers of innocent Palestinians suffering the consequences of this war, we ought not forget about those Palestinians who chose to use their own children as suicide bombers because of their hatred of the Jews. The level of hatred demonstrated by someone willing to use their own children to murder other children is an incurable hatred, and a level of evil that cannot be reasoned with, or negotiated with. It can only be eliminated.

Therefore, it is my contention that the current state of suffering experienced by Palestinians is the consequence of losing this ongoing war. Furthermore, I contend that if Israel’s security measures had not employed such heavy handed tactics they are so often criticized for, we could be seeing the reverse.... witnessing Israelis being evicted from their homes and murdered in the streets by these poor, innocent Palestinians instead.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:43 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I would suggest that the idea that Israel is harming itself politically is a leftwing pipe dream, particularly as you consider the polling on this very thread.

The “squad” enjoys very little support, even among the democrat base. Their extremist views are not in sync with the majority of Americans. They are indeed the gift that keeps on giving to the Republican Party.
You and others can yap-on about how bad Omar and Tlaib, Israeli law, how they help the Republican party, blahblahblah. I'm telling you long-term this was a short-sighted decision that can only lose political and popular support for Israel. AIPAC and other stalwart pro-Israel organizations and individuals who've criticized the decision understand my viewpoint. They can see beyond their noses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I feel sorry for her grandmother. She USED her grandmother to try and get over there. Then backed out...how sad her grandma must feel being rejected....Poor grandma....
I feel sorry for the mouth breathing zombies who voted her into office. That level of ignorance is incurable. She’s a disgraceful piece of filth that has no place in the US Congress. A seat in the US Congress is not a platform for personal Geopolitical Activism, only a seat meant to represent the constituents who send representatives there to promote their interests. If this clown wants to represent Palestinians.... go to Palestine, not Washington DC.

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The families of the men on the USS Liberty will probably not agree with you.

Israell spying on the USA did not end with Pollard.
Yes, possibly, but from this, I think it truly was unintentional, Israel apologized, and reparations were made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Of course, no amount of money can make it up to the men and loved ones of those who were killed or seriously wounded, but I don't think Israel would have apologized and made payment (apparently without being pressured to do so).

And as far as spying, I believe that the U.S. spies on many counties, too -- even friendly ones.

P.S. I apologize for something I wrote in my earlier post. I was in error when I wrote that I thought that Jews were as non-violent as Quakers because they will defend themselves and their country if they feel threatened. I still believe, however, that the great majority of Jews would just like to live and let live in peace. I don't think the same can be said of as many religious Muslims, however.

Old 08-17-2019, 09:54 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,753,748 times
Her grandmother really dodged a BIG bullet by having her NOT visit!

Old 08-17-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
You and others can yap-on about how bad Omar and Tlaib, Israeli law, how they help the Republican party, blahblahblah. I'm telling you long-term this was a short-sighted decision that can only lose political and popular support for Israel. AIPAC and other stalwart pro-Israel organizations and individuals who've criticized the decision understand my viewpoint. They can see beyond their noses.
Maybe your nose is a bit longer than average .... as there have been several polls reflecting the fact that these clowns are viewed very poorly by the majority of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum. In fact, even among their democrat colleagues, they are problematic in the extreme .... AOC is an absolute loon, and a constant embarrassment every time she opens her mouth. Omar and Tlaib are unapologetic Jew haters, for which the democrat leadership has no control over, and are pushing moderates out of the party. Try to remember, it wasn’t that long ago, but American Jews have been historically and predominantly democrats for decades. And they have a very powerful lobby in this country. Try to look past your own nose to see that picture. Think American Jews are going to remain supportive of this democrat party of Jew haters this next go round? Ha! Fat chance of that happening.

The truth is, today’s democrat party has become a crazed shark in a feeding frenzy, biting everything in sight, including the hands that have always fed them.

They have abandoned the black community in favor of the Hispanic community. Now they are abandoning the Hispanic community in favor of illegal immigrants. In the ultimate demonstration of their self destructive natures, and absence of situational awareness, they are now abandoning the Jewish base, in favor of Muslims. The biggest problem here is, there aren’t enough illegals and Muslims to keep them in office.

So, what are they pinning their hopes on? Russia Collusion went bye bye, so now the racist Democrats have to convince everyone that Trump is ..... you guessed it .... a racist!!! This is the singular platform points for the democrat party ....

Love illegals, hate Jews, and hate Trump. I don’t think this is a smart strategy.... but I do love, love, �� it.

BTW, the 3% positive support enjoyed here by Tlaib is eerily similar to national polls reflecting the same universal disdain. Let that rest on your nose for a moment.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:21 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No it's not a deflection. I'm saying I could care less what you think. Your opinion of me as a good person or not is irrelevant to me.
I didn’t give my opinion I asked you if you thought you were a good person. If you think a good person wishes dying grandmothers don’t get to see their grandkids over politics speech. Try to follow along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies