Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 05:10 AM

5,980 posts, read 2,234,421 times

Advertisements

Its pretty simple Republicans. Black people will vote for more Republicans when there is evidence that your policies work.

Complain all you want about inner cities, black folk have watched Republicans ruin entire states like Kansas, and do nothing with states like Mississippi for 40 years. Is Kansas still bankrupt from the Republican governor's policies?

I guarantee if Republicans made the states they control bastions of economic success, black folks would flock there and vote in big numbers. But it hasn't happened so again, what do you want black people to vote for?

Old 07-29-2019, 07:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Its pretty simple Republicans. Black people will vote for more Republicans when there is evidence that your policies work.

Complain all you want about inner cities, black folk have watched Republicans ruin entire states like Kansas, and do nothing with states like Mississippi for 40 years. Is Kansas still bankrupt from the Republican governor's policies?

I guarantee if Republicans made the states they control bastions of economic success, black folks would flock there and vote in big numbers. But it hasn't happened so again, what do you want black people to vote for?
Bingo.

African Americans are hostile to the Republican Party because their policies stink. Simple as that.

When they don’t stink, we’ll vote Republican instead.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Didn't read all of the 61 posts; but let's not forget:

"We want to be able to legally kill a baby at any stage of pregnancy; and even after the baby is delivered!"
So explain why Democrats want to do that? Just what deeply motivates them? It's not to gain new voters. Conservatives need to do a better job of explaining why Democrats or liberals think the way they do.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivers View Post
Liberals are like chimps in the zoo throwing their own crap on the glass to see what sticks.
As a conservative, do tell us more what liberals can only possibly think or be like.

Old 07-29-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Explain me the liberal nonsense

The best way may be to treat it like a recipe !!!

In a large black caldron add:

1) base ingredient, one gallon of anarchy

2) four cups of racism and two cups of false accusations of it

3) 3 cups of unresolved and unmedicated mental health issues

4) 2 cups of felony violence and 5 cups of misdemeanors

5) two quarts of white people repellent and one quart of white self-loathing

6) steering liberally over fire until pot comes to a boil, then cover with a black mask, and let simmer until served

This will meet the needs of the democrat party but adjust amounts as required for more quests and communist or globalist foreign dignitaries !!!
Bon Appéti or as democrats are want to say, on you knees and off your feet !!! Enjoy !!!
What's for desert?

Old 07-29-2019, 12:31 PM

14,773 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Liberals, please explain while "we" the American voter would want any of this:

1. We want jobs and fair pay, but want to tax corporations heavily, to a point of being non-competitive with the rest of the world in what is now a world economy.
People should be compensated fairly for their work. Overtax corporations? A good many of them pay little or no income tax whatsoever. It would be nice if they were good corporate citizens and at least paid their share. (Many of them left America not because of a tax burden, but because they could get slave labor in other countries for pennies on the dollar. Greedy, on their part...but not very Patriotic.)
2. We want to continue the unfair trade policies which have seen the demise of American manufacturing over the last 25-30 years as they moved overseas, accelerated by #1 above as well.
See my answer on number one...and NOBODY from any party wants to see the demise of American Manufacturing.
The Unfair trade policies you are talking about are just Capitalism in action. Tariffs are the exact opposite of "Free Trade" that the GOP usually say that they are all for. In the last 30 years that you mentioned we have had More Republican Presidents than Democratic ones...if it is all the Democrats doing, why did they let it continue or not stop it when they were in power?

3. We want free college for everyone on the tax payer with no plan where the money is going to come from. Plus, your degree is going to be worthless if everyone has one. I side more with Mayor Pete on this one.
I don't want free college for everyone (although I think free trade school/community college for people under a certain income bracket, might be a reasonable goal.)
Other countries have this though....and we are the richest country of all, but can't? Maybe we are not spending the money that we do have very wisely.

4. We don't want any new power plants even though many of our larger (and liberal) cities are growing and experiencing blackouts. Lets demolish existing hydro-electric dams as well! Don't forget to drive your SUV to the anti-fossil fuel rally!
This statement makes no sense. Of course we need new power plants. Just because you favor looking into renewable energy for those plants instead of some of the alternatives, does not mean that you don't want any at all.
5. We want to push new green deals and the like, while happily having all our goods made overseas with the dirtiest forms of energy on the planet, and shipped half way around the world in container ships purportedly responsible for 28% of the worlds transportation pollution.
No, we are not happy having all of our goods made overseas, any more than anyone else in America.
(except the rich greedy corporations)

6. We want open borders and equal rights for ILLEGAL immigrants, a lawless revolving door justice system that only softly slaps their hands for the theft, rape, and murders they commit while only offering "meh, sorry" to the victims and their families.
Despite what you hear on Faux News,

It is a fallacy to say that all Liberals want open borders, it is simply not the case. Legal immigration should be the goal and the rule of law. Just because we are not in favor of erecting a wall that would put us billions/trillions of more in the hole than where we already are, does not mean that we are against border security. Most illegal immigrants here come in by Visa, then they overstay that Visa.
But the way that we are treating the Refugees on the Southern Border right now is ridiculous.
Caging babies and children, not letting them bathe....

You can follow the rule of law, yet still remain decent and Humane.

7. We want to criminalize the US Citizen that injures or kills the ILLEGAL immigrant in #6 above while protecting themselves, their loved ones, or their property, take their guns away and toss them in jail.
Here we go again, with the paranoid nonsense that the Liberals want to come in and take all your guns away.
You said that about President Obama. Did it happen? Of course, it didn't! Many Democrats are gun owners also.
We support the second amendment also. Just because people suggest some common sense gun laws, does not mean that they want to come take away all your guns!

8. We want our cheap poor quality foreign made junk, and don't care if the people that make it live in wire cages 10 per apartment or if that junk breaks or wears out quickly, explodes, shorts out, poisons us and our pets, or burns our house down.
No person wants that, left or right. I think you know that.
9. We want free healthcare, legal representation, food stamps, housing, and schooling for ILLEGAL immigrants while those working and paying taxes and health care premiums face a poorer quality of life.
False narrative again. Nobody wants that. Except for maybe

Free health care maybe....for American Citizens.

10. We want sprawling homelessness, mentally ill, and drug addicts on the street. The drug dealers that sell to them are ok if they only have a certain amount on them or less. When they rape or kill again after being released for the 16th time its the victims fault. Oh and I almost forgot, sorry you have to die waiting in the ER because it's full and some homeless druggie is having his 13th overdose.
You are trying to take all of the issues and problems of Modern day America and blame them on the Democrats.
It took both sides to create this mess. The Democrats are usually a little more likely to try to help the homeless, mentally ill and drug addicts than the other side.

11. We can't have a secure border, but it's ok for our liberal Czar's to have large walls around their estates and security at the entrances.
How did you know that it was only Liberals who have walls around their houses????????
A secure Border for America would be quite wonderful. An Ugly wall, that we cannot afford is a whole other thing.

12. We want to give billions in "aid" to countries that hate us, when we need billions right here at home for replacing and updating our countries aging infrastructure.
I think most foreign aid should be suspended until we get our deficit back under control.
I'm sure I missed something?

Old 07-29-2019, 01:12 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
"10. I don't believe the government should regulate everything, but since greed is such a driving force in our country, we NEED regulations to prevent cut corners, environmental destruction, tainted food/water, unsafe materials in consumable goods or medical equipment, etc. It's not that I want the government's hands in everything -- I just don't trust people trying to make money to ensure that their products/practices/etc. are actually SAFE. Is the government devoid of shadiness? Of course not. But with those regulations in place, consumers have recourse if they're harmed and companies are liable for medical bills, environmental cleanup, etc. Just kind of seems like common sense when the alternative to government regulation is letting companies bring their bottom line into the equation."

I agree to an extent, see my "flaming rivers" comment, but then there is over-reaching acts like the WOTUS act, which have defined a series of puddles as " seasonal wetlands" and the path of drainage of those puddles as " seasonal steams" and made billions of $$$ of land un-usable. Only a small % of imported food and consumer goods are tested. Only when a string of people fall ill or die, or a Chinese power strip with a fake UL listing/approval burns someone's house down does it get looked into. I'm not going to even get into how imported food stuffs are "processed or packaged" in the US and sold as domestic products.

Old 07-29-2019, 01:48 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,732,254 times
I'll offer some examples of what we've dealt with locally:

-Illegals using assisted housing and food stamps-I have insider info that this happens, state workers are NOT ALLOWED to report illegals to the federal government.
-Sharp increase in homeless/illegals/druggies in my locale along with a relative increase in violence, crime, and murder, many by repeat offenders that shouldn't have been out on the street.
-We had a group of anti-fossil-fuel activists block the train tracks into a refinery, news showed BNSF crews cleaning up all the tents and trash, and towing away a bunch of SUV's.
-We recently demolished a hydro-electric dam that was said to be impeding fish passage despite many other successful fish bypass projects to other existing dams. The same area had two blackouts which resulted in the sewage treatment plant over-flowing millions of gallons of raw sewage into the same waters. Our governor also recently halted a natural gas-turbine power plant project in the same area as well.
-I work in manufacturing, and have watched the export of jobs overseas GUT many industries while providing cut-rate quality and in many cases unsafe products.
-My biggest issue by far, is over the last ~13 years we've imported more stuff from China then they have from us, that it would have been enough to pay off our national debt. So much money that could have done so much for our country in favor of both parties as far as jobs, clean energy, updating infrastructure, etc.
-Assisted housing, food stamps, free medical do not promote workers moving up the ladder. A family under the income level to qualify for such programs will receive subsidized housing, free medical, and food stamps to the tune of around $21,000 a year on the tax payers dime(in my area). A person above the eligible income "line" making another $10,000 a year, has to pay full boat for rent/mortgage, food, and is subject to medical premiums, out of pocket expenses, and deductibles. Furthermore, because these programs "short pay" the doctors and hospitals, they charge the insured even more, which collectively sinks that families quality of life BELOW that of the lower income family that gets all the assistance.
-We had an incident where a man shot and killed an illegal that was inside his home burglarizing it in the middle of the night while his family was home. The man was jailed and his guns confiscated, illegal immigrants family was trying to sue for wrongful death, not sure of the outcome beyond that.
-Equal rights are anything but. We've shifted so far the other way that minority individuals, LGBT, Indians, etc, get preferential treatment in everything from jobs opportunities to assistance programs. We've had many issues in my line of work where we lost work to a "minority businesses" because they received a 5% bidder preference, only to find out they were just a "front" that pocketed the 5% and subbed out the work to the usual companies anyway. Of course here comes the I'm racist claims now, but seriously how is that fair and equal opportunity?
-Religious freedom is a tough one. I'd like to say that everyone should have the right to their own beliefs, but when their own beliefs include the annihilation of those of opposing religions that's a big problem.

Old 07-29-2019, 03:16 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
-Religious freedom is a tough one. I'd like to say that everyone should have the right to their own beliefs, but when their own beliefs include the annihilation of those of opposing religions that's a big problem.
I'm shocked. You don't believe in religious warfare in the streets of our cities?

Old 07-29-2019, 06:54 PM

1,663 posts, read 876,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post

Btw #6 is a complete right wing talking point. Illegals commit crimes at a lower rate than citizens and the vast majority of mass shootings in this country the last several years have been committed by citizens, all male, many with right wing tendencies
No, it's a left wing lie claiming that they don't commit more crime. Legal immigrants do in fact commit less crime than native born Americans, but liberals try to conflate illegal and legal, then regurgitate crime stats for legal immigrants, pretending they are one in the same. The fact is illegal aliens commit much more crime than citizens do, and the crimes they commit are more violent.

A recent Arizona study showed that illegal aliens age 15-35 make up 2% of the state's population, they make up 8% of prison inmates. Illegals of all ages are 142% more likely to be convicted of a crime.
https://crimeresearch.org/2018/01/im...s-crime-rates/

A 2005 GAO report showed that 27% of federal prisoners were aliens, despite being less than 9% of the population. http://www.gao.gov/assets/100/93090.pdf

The GAO also looked into the criminal histories of 55,322 imprisoned aliens and found that they had been arrested a total of 459,614 times and had committed almost 700,000 crimes, about 12.7 per alien.
http://www.gao.gov/assets/100/93167.pdf

They did the same in 2011, this time finding that 251,000 criminal aliens had been arrested almost 1.7 million times, and committed 3 million crimes.
http://www.gao.gov/assets/320/316959.pdf

An FBI study found that 75% of most wanted criminals in Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Albuquerque are illegals.
25% of California inmates are illegal, as are over 40% in Arizona, and 48% in New Mexico. In Arizona, 97% of drivers cited for no license, no insurance, and no registration were illegal, 98% in New Mexico.
https://www.constitutionparty.com/il...e-all-victims/

In June 2019, 50.39% of illegal aliens in Oregon prisons had been convicted of rape, sodomy, or sex abuse. Although illegals only make up 3% of Oregon's Population, they are 6.1% of inmates. As a percentage of the total number of inmates convicted of that crime, illegal aliens are:

17.4% of convicted rapists.
10.42% of those convicted of "sex abuse."
9.29% of sodomy convicts.
9.23% of kidnappers.
8.33% of drug offenses.
7.28% of homicide convicts.
https://docfnc.wordpress.com/page/1/

Nope nothing to see here, just a "right wing talking point."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies