Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 11:34 AM

5,278 posts, read 6,214,639 times

Advertisements

How is this any different than the folks who want to boycott Chic fil A or Starbucks over their ownership/management/founders?

If it is a good restaurant it should find a niche, if not it will fold.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
How is this any different than the folks who want to boycott Chic fil A or Starbucks over their ownership/management/founders?

Or, like a white supremacist-owned business attempting to open in a Jewish neighborhood, it will simply never get off the ground. This owner should acknowledge that his business is abhorrent to the neighborhood and just go someplace else.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:06 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Besides, Freep is a far right extremist website. Anyone who visits there should be judged accordingly.
The Detroit Free Press, which endorsed Hillary in 2016, is a far right extremist newspaper ??? I suppose to you anything to the right of Karl Marx is right wing extremism.

Anyway, the guy should have known better than to try that franchise in Dearborn.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:14 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Not just Libs spewing the Israel/Jews-responsible-for-everything-wrong-in-the-world meme.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:42 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
From the OP's link:

It appears the community let him know early on that they would not support this business. Instead of all the dramatics and the usual victim mentality, OP, perhaps you should acknowledge that he was attempting to set up a business in a community that let him know they didn't want him there.

Which is the community's right. It would be akin to skinheads opening shop in the middle of a Jewish neighborhood. I'm sure all the Jews would be fine with that, right?
So Muslims boycott a franchise because it was founded in Israel, and I am the "victim" because I dare to point it out. What if a black guy opened a shop in a white neighborhood, and whites boycotted it and threatened him?

And you're likening Israelis to skinheads? Wait.....let me guess....you're a leftist.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Another deliberately distorted thread topic.

This has nothing to do with Liberals and everything to do with a large number of people whose ethnic origins are the Middle East and they have no desire to give their money to Israel or to someone who will give it to Israel.

I suppose now you want to levy a tax on them to give money to Israel.

Oh, wait...what am I saying? We already have taxes taken from us and given to Israel.
And I have taxes taken from me and given to Arab countries. But somehow liberals never complain about that. For some reason, they direct all their venom towards Israel.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The Detroit Free Press, which endorsed Hillary in 2016, is a far right extremist newspaper ??? I suppose to you anything to the right of Karl Marx is right wing extremism.

Anyway, the guy should have known better than to try that franchise in Dearborn.
My mistake, I thought it was another website and since I refuse to click on any link taking me there, I was unaware it was the Detroit Free Press. My apologies.

Old 07-24-2019, 12:55 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So Muslims boycott a franchise because it was founded in Israel, and I am the "victim" because I dare to point it out.
Let me ask you this. If a white supremacist opened a shop in a Jewish neighborhood, would you approve of the Jews boycotting their business?

Of course you would. But no one must ever boycott an Israeli-founded business for the same general reason. THAT is not allowed in your victim world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And you're likening Israelis to skinheads? Wait.....let me guess....you're a leftist.
And you are deliberately misconstruing (i.e., lying about) what I said. You must be a conservative.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Let me ask you this. If a white supremacist opened a shop in a Jewish neighborhood, would you approve of the Jews boycotting their business?

Of course you would. But no one must ever boycott an Israeli-founded business for the same general reason. THAT is not allowed in your victim world.
Yup....Jews ARE indeed victims, even though you use the word sarcastically. There are more hate crimes against them in this country than any other religion, and by a long shot. But if a Jew complains, they're victims. When blacks complain, do you tell them to get out of their victim world? Or Muslims? Or gays? No....you fight back against bigotry against these groups. But Jews? Oye....such victims they are!

And you're still doing it....comparing Israeli Jews to white supremacists. Such liberal hate for Israel. SMH.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:07 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post

Outside of the socipolitical views of the protesters, I don't see a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies