Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:55 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Exactly right - and that's no exaggeration.

No dogs of any kind in an airliner cabin - period - no exceptions - no debate - no discussion. This kind of lunacy will continue for as long as we continue to elevate the agenda of misfits and bottom-feeders over that of society's civil and productive.

This is the same lunacy - just a different setting - that New York City police face today on the job. That it continues to the consternation of every socially sane person is a measure of just how deadly political correctness continues to be to freedom and civilization itself.
I would make an exception for selected government agencies. I sat with two FEMA cadaver dogs on a flight back home to Denver from Hartford, CT, so it was a pretty long flight. They were great, but they are also VERY well trained. They laid at the feet of the two FEMA officers. The two uniformed FEMA officers, both female, were also very nice, and told me they were going to Denver for a training exercise.

I don't know how else they could have transported the dogs. I guess in the baggage area, but I've heard the dogs can get very dehydrated and have other issues in baggage. These dogs are worth $$$ due to all the training required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 07:57 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Sounds like the support dog was too emotional ...
True!

The dog needs an emotional support owner.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:14 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I would make an exception for selected government agencies. I sat with two FEMA cadaver dogs on a flight back home to Denver from Hartford, CT, so it was a pretty long flight. They were great, but they are also VERY well trained. They laid at the feet of the two FEMA officers. The two uniformed FEMA officers, both female, were also very nice, and told me they were going to Denver for a training exercise.

I don't know how else they could have transported the dogs. I guess in the baggage area, but I've heard the dogs can get very dehydrated and have other issues in baggage. These dogs are worth $$$ due to all the training required.
And you know better than to doubt your exception would lead to a thousand more - a million more. How do you think this all starts?

No exceptions - none. Not my problem or anyone else's how you transport these dogs or whether there is even a need to. No dogs in public airline cabins - no exceptions.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:18 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Unfortunately, I know a few people who pull the "emotional support dog" card just to get their pets in the cabin with them. They fully admit they are trying to avoid putting the dog in the cargo hold.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
No critters of any kind allowed on my plane when I make it available for charter.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:26 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
And you know better than to doubt your exception would lead to a thousand more - a million more. How do you think this all starts?

No exceptions - none. Not my problem or anyone else's how you transport these dogs or whether there is even a need to. No dogs in public airline cabins - no exceptions.
Well we allow Air Marshalls to have guns, and nobody else.

Old 07-24-2019, 08:30 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Emotional support animals are NOT service animals. I love dogs and most pets ( not so much reptiles or insects) but they don't belong in public stores or eateries. Unless they are trained service animals.
I benefit from having my dog as a home companion and leave her at home unless I take her for a ride in the car as a treat for her. Taking her into public places would be a stress on her and just added responsibility.
The dog owner on that plane will be sued and have to pay damages. It will be a very expensive lesson to next time leave it in a kennel, at home or in the baggage area.

Old 07-24-2019, 09:48 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Article said:
Quote:
The unnamed male flight attendant required five stitches on his left hand when he returned to Dallas, American spokesman Ross Feinstein said. The type of dog was not disclosed.
Was the dog not white or did they not know the breed?

Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
So tired of these "support animals" everywhere I go. Especially when they pi** and crap all over the floor at whatever establishment their snowflake owners take them. So gross.

Old 07-24-2019, 10:21 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Anyone who knows the conditions of flying in cargo would be more open to the idea of allowing pets.

My proposal:

* Get rid of the emotional support animal nonsense
* Allow pets of any size in cabin with the owner ONLY if they're actually moving (with proof). If they're just going on holiday or on business, then no
* However those pets would need to be in a carrier
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies