Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:59 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Which sounds better?
I evicted a family out of an apartment to day.
I evicted some illegal allies out of an apartment today.

see how that works?
Yes.

There is a difference. In the first statement we dont know what kind of people the family was.
In the second statement we know that they are criminals and had no right to rent the apartment in the first place and the land lord was well within his rights to evict them.

Too hard? Okay I'll give it another try.

I evicted a family out of an apartment today.

I evicted a drug dealer, using the apartment for a drug den, today.

I guess I dehumanized the drug dealer.

Illegals have made a choice. That choice is to break our laws. Enter illegally, work illegally, commit id fraud and or tax fraud or evasion. Drive with out license or insurance. They make the choice to be criminals. They don't deserve to be called immigrants. They are illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 08:02 PM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
just call ICE

Old 07-25-2019, 02:15 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
If you say so. So what does it do when the Media creates a headline White male harasses black legislator in express checkout lane for having too many items?

According to the left that is simply identifying the perp as being a white individual. nor cough cough race baiting intended cough.

The family was here illegally. They are illegals. That is fact. Why does the left and the media insist upon referring to such as immigrants or undocumented immigrants? I am a legal immigrant where I live. It is insulting to lump criminals in with those who obey the law.

Do you also refer to drug dealers as undocumented pharmacists?

Vigilantes as unregistered police?

Back alley abortionists as uncertified doctors?

In this thugs attacked illegals. It was wrong and the thugs will answer for it. My question is will the illegals also be held accountable for their crimes?
I don’t get why these concepts are so hard to grasp for some. Also it’s a slap in the face and grossly unfair to all of the people who became legal immigrants by following the process and the law.

Old 07-25-2019, 05:55 AM

3 posts, read 998 times
STAY stuck in slavery times(british & black slaveowners), because people of "leftiness" appear to achieve righteous indignation from continual self-flagellation. Maybe YOUR ancestors were of british descent. Many of us had families INVITED to come here, got LEGAL status to THEN work pretty much dirt cheap for hard labor. Coal mines saw plenty of MY folk with black lung, for example. It solves nothing to carry a burden of almost 200 yrs. ago, but it DOES stroke the ego with this moral superiority that people like you derive satisfaction from.
Aside from the OBVIOUS of you being guilt-ridden for the generations, illegal invaders were seduced to come here by monetary sponsorhip along the way, and MANY, MANY from the immediate s.o.t.b. regions believe a myth that at LEAST 5 states are theirs to "reconquer". They have THAT in common with descendants of african slavery...demanding reparations AND states for ownership.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:01 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Hope they catch those boys. If they have been terrorizing the community, they need to be out of there and in some sort of juvenile center to curb such behavior.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:27 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
It wouldn't matter if they landed here on a spaceship. We have assigned them a legal status that allows us to debase them. Their humanity is now a lesser value. Perhaps that is what we mean by a "Christian Conservative," a person who is a Christian up to a point.
Everyone is assigned a legal status: citizen, naturalized citizen, legal immigrant, illegal immigrant, permanent or conditional resident, non-immigrant.
Has nothing to do with humanity but generally those who break a country's laws are debased by the society they live in.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:40 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Everyone is assigned a legal status: citizen, naturalized citizen, legal immigrant, illegal immigrant, permanent or conditional resident, non-immigrant.
Has nothing to do with humanity but generally those who break a country's laws are debased by the society they live in.
When was the last time you overheard someone say, " I was in line at the store behind these citizens and.... .....never

Sometime I wish people would feel the same way about; American citizen, rapist, wife beaters, and pedophiles, that they feel about someone who step over a line on a map. Lets round them up too.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:43 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Quote:
When was the last time you overheard someone say, " I was in line at the store behind these citizens and.... .....never

Sometime I wish people would feel the same way about; American citizen, rapist, wife beaters, and pedophiles, that they feel about someone who step over a line on a map. Lets round them up too.
Are you capable of logical thought or has your brain been replaced by a giant bleeding heart that is only capable of hyperbole? You have yet to make a substantive argument in this thread.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:46 AM

It’s interesting how the criticism largely revolves around the victims of this crime rather than the perpetrators.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I think this was more a case of those teens targeting the family based possible on hate crimes, and not because of their immigration status (how would they even know or care). There's many cases of these types of things happening in areas with Hispanic people.
https://kfor.com/2019/07/23/teens-te...-neighborhood/
Likely not a hate crime. The article said that the teens are terrorizing the community. Assuming they live there or close by, they are likely unsupervised, bad-behaved boys. They need to be found and dealt with properly. As said previously, they belong in a juvenile detention center until their issues are hopefully resolved. Because if not, they may be violent adults..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies