Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 03:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

Trump wins judges court ruling on asylum, lets it stand, "It's in the greater public interest, Judge said.

A judge with commonsense !!! Who saw that coming ?

Asylum: Federal Judge Lets Stand New Rule After Immigrant Group ...

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/24/74486...t-legal-hurdle

A federal judge on Wednesday let stand a new Trump administration rule requiring most asylum-seekers to ask for protection in another country before reaching the U.S.-Mexico border.
"It's in the greater public interest to allow the administration to carry out its immigration policy," U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly of Washington, D.C., said from the bench.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2019, 03:53 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Win win. Although I thought it was already a thing. It just makes sense.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:16 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
No win!

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/u...core-ios-share

Old 07-24-2019, 06:23 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
A win is a win !!!

Federal judge declines to block Trump asylum restrictions at southern
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...order-n1033756

In denying the request for the temporary restraining order, U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly said the groups challenging the rule did not show that their work would be irreparably harmed if the policy moved forward, according to The Associated Press.

“My ruling is not binding on him just as his ruling is not binding on me,” he said, adding if there were any conflicts in their decisions a higher court could resolve them.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:27 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A win is a win !!!

In denying the request for the temporary restraining order, U.S. District Judge Timothy J. Kelly said the groups challenging the rule did not show that their work would be irreparably harmed if the policy moved forward, according to The Associated Press.

“My ruling is not binding on him just as his ruling is not binding on me,” he said, adding if there were any conflicts in their decisions a higher court could resolve them.
won that one, but an 0bamajudge from san fran shut it down in a different case.
https://komonews.com/news/nation-wor...-mexico-border

Old 07-24-2019, 06:29 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We lose there. Sucks eh?

Old 07-24-2019, 06:31 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
We lose there. Sucks eh?
when America loses, leftists celebrate.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:36 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I have to say it. The left has made a point to defend countries like Mexico at every given opportunity. That is except when it doesn't fit their agenda to do so.
They have made a point to tell us about all the beautiful places in Mexico and that it isn't a crap hole country.

Panama. Panama has a huge ex-pat community. I actually looked into it with a friend when deciding where to retire.

It seems to me that South Americans traveling thousands of miles, often on foot, risking the lives of their children have many choices. They focus on the USA for a reason. Why? What we give to those we grant asylum.

People have asked what would you do if it were you?

Well I wouldn't cross a dessert with my child when safe places are closer. I wouldn't travel to a place where I don't speak the language when other countries are closer that I have more in common with.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A win is a win !!!

you didn't read the link.

Quote:
LOS ANGELES — A federal judge on Wednesday ordered the Trump administration to continue accepting asylum claims from all eligible migrants arriving in the United States, temporarily thwarting the president’s latest attempt to stanch the flow of migrants crossing the southern border.
Judge Jon S. Tigar of the United States District Court in San Francisco issued a preliminary injunction against a new rule that would have effectively banned asylum claims in the United States for most Central American migrants, who have been arriving in record numbers this year. It would have also affected many migrants from Africa, Asia and other regions

Old 07-24-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have to say it. The left has made a point to defend countries like Mexico at every given opportunity. That is except when it doesn't fit their agenda to do so.
They have made a point to tell us about all the beautiful places in Mexico and that it isn't a crap hole country.

Panama. Panama has a huge ex-pat community. I actually looked into it with a friend when deciding where to retire.

It seems to me that South Americans traveling thousands of miles, often on foot, risking the lives of their children have many choices. They focus on the USA for a reason. Why? What we give to those we grant asylum.

People have asked what would you do if it were you?

Well I wouldn't cross a dessert with my child when safe places are closer. I wouldn't travel to a place where I don't speak the language when other countries are closer that I have more in common with.
What are the other choices, the drug infested southern part of Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies