Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 11:32 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticseas View Post
And by transgender we mean people who don't just identify but go through with "sexual reassignment".

I live in Ireland and don't think I've ever met more than two people even then, none of them had gone through with any surgery which I would expect since its very expensive unless you I think people blow this out of proportion due to sensationalism bias from the media. The reality is that even in the most accepting and liberal areas of the West, very very few people are transgender for anyone to make a big deal out of it.

The bathrooms are the same issue. Maybe it's different in America but here I've never seen an argument over transgender men or women using a bathroom.
I'll let you in on a little secret. Here in America transgender people have been using whatever bathroom they feel most comfortable in for years without issue. For as long as there have been public bathrooms they've been using them. It's only now when SJW's need another wedge issue to divide and exploit people further with, that this has become an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 11:34 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
[quote=Mr.Retired;55758614]
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I don't understand why other people get their knickers in a twist what a trans person does with their appearance or bodies.
/QUOTE]
When women have no partitions or doors on the stalls in the women’s restrooms, and are reduced to that level of privacy, which would be the equivalent of men using a urinal in the men’s restroom, then it would be similar. I realize a lot of perverted guys get off at the idea of women checking them out at the urinal, but truthfully it’s disgusting. It’s really about the power struggle some women like to foist onto men. People should be entitled to their dignity and privacy. Why should people with a mental illness trump the rights of the other 99.66% of the population.

I was at a concert 3 months ago, and met a lesbian that needed a real attitude adjustment staring at the guys at the urinal. It was all about power.

A similar thing happened in the early 70’s when feminist journalists fought for the right to enter the locker room of male professional athletes. The guys did not like it one bit, and some, actually had to face charges of indecent exposure, when some of the guys decided to make the female journalists feel a bit just as uncomfortable.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:40 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
I'll let you in on a little secret. Here in America transgender people have been using whatever bathroom they feel most comfortable in for years without issue. For as long as there have been public bathrooms they've been using them. It's only now when SJW's need another wedge issue to divide and exploit people further with, that this has become an issue.
Lol - this is the truth. I have zero doubt through the years transgendered females have used the women’s restroom with me. They were discreet about it and kept it as private as possible, which is very different from the person who strutted through my then local gym’s female locker room, with their penis swinging, a couple of years ago. In response they put up signs afterwards that bluntly said anyone over the age of 6 with a penis had to use the men’s locker room.

Old 07-26-2019, 11:46 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Bigger question is how common are those that ID as non-binary, genderqueer, demigender, or similar terms? Perhaps even rarer!

Old 07-26-2019, 12:02 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They don’t get their knickers in a twist over what a trans individual does with their appearance or bodies.
[*]They get their knickers in a twist about being in a bathroom, or worse locker room, with a trans individual. They don’t want to see penises. [*]They get their knickers in a twist over biological women being shut out of winning women’s sports. [*]They get their knickers in a twist over a women being forced to touch a penis against their will or lose their business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post

Yes to both the above. This is what many liberals don't seem to understand. Most of us "straights" couldn't care less what other people do as long as it doesn't interfere with our rights or expose their private parts to view. If they would just do whatever it is they do without drawing attention to themselves, I don't think very many people would object. If something is not noticeable, it does not get noticed. And it is only when our rights are infringed upon that "we get our knickers in a twist", I think -- or at least I think that is true for most people.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:15 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
And by transgender we mean people who don't just identify but go through with "sexual reassignment".

I live in Ireland and don't think I've ever met more than two people even then, none of them had gone through with any surgery which I would expect since its very expensive unless you I think people blow this out of proportion due to sensationalism bias from the media. The reality is that even in the most accepting and liberal areas of the West, very very few people are transgender for anyone to make a big deal out of it.

The bathrooms are the same issue. Maybe it's different in America but here I've never seen an argument over transgender men or women using a bathroom.
I have 2,400 friends on Facebook. I can count eight of them in various stages of transition.

Not scientific, but all the empirical evidence I can gather. I also know a couple of dozen who are bisexual, and a couple of hundred who are gay or lesbian, which would be within in the MOE on most polls.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:20 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
[quote=9162;55770177]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post

When women have no partitions or doors on the stalls in the women’s restrooms, and are reduced to that level of privacy, which would be the equivalent of men using a urinal in the men’s restroom, then it would be similar. I realize a lot of perverted guys get off at the idea of women checking them out at the urinal, but truthfully it’s disgusting. It’s really about the power struggle some women like to foist onto men. People should be entitled to their dignity and privacy. Why should people with a mental illness trump the rights of the other 99.66% of the population.

I was at a concert 3 months ago, and met a lesbian that needed a real attitude adjustment staring at the guys at the urinal. It was all about power.

A similar thing happened in the early 70’s when feminist journalists fought for the right to enter the locker room of male professional athletes. The guys did not like it one bit, and some, actually had to face charges of indecent exposure, when some of the guys decided to make the female journalists feel a bit just as uncomfortable.
Pro Tip - Don't visit Paris. They have open-air urinals along the streets.
Attached Thumbnails
How common is being transgender really?-parisurinal-uritrottoir-faltazi_dezeen_hero-852x567.jpg  

Old 07-26-2019, 12:21 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,236,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
They don’t get their knickers in a twist over what a trans individual does with their appearance or bodies.
  • They get their knickers in a twist about being in a bathroom, or worse locker room, with a trans individual. They don’t want to see penises.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over biological women being shut out of winning women’s sports.
  • They get their knickers in a twist over a women being forced to touch a penis against their will or lose their business.
1) What female bathroom has open stalls to see a if someone has a penis?
Is it common for women to pull their pants down in the middle of the bathroom without entering the stall first? We are talking 0.6 percent of the population so if your subjected to penises in your locker room, its likely your in the wrong locker room.

2) I agree that a biological woman should not be closed out of winning a sport because a man had a appearance change. Completely agree. But I also agree that a woman born with more androgens (think testosterone here) should not be excluded from winning either. God's plan, why should I fault a person for that?

3) And who is asking women to touch a penis against their will? Outside of rape and molestation who is forced to touch all these tally whackers? Who has that problem, please elaborate.

I have no idea so I am just asking.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:33 PM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
1) What female bathroom has open stalls to see a if someone has a penis?
Is it common for women to pull their pants down in the middle of the bathroom without entering the stall first? We are talking 0.6 percent of the population so if your subjected to penises in your locker room, its likely your in the wrong locker room.

2) I agree that a biological woman should not be closed out of winning a sport because a man had a appearance change. Completely agree. But I also agree that a woman born with more androgens (think testosterone here) should not be excluded from winning either. God's plan, why should I fault a person for that?

3) And who is asking women to touch a penis against their will? Outside of rape and molestation who is forced to touch all these tally whackers? Who has that problem, please elaborate.

I have no idea so I am just asking.

I believe the touching that is referenced is in regards to the transgender that wanted a bikini wax from a female waxer who was very uncomfortable because there was certain anatomy that this transgender had that was quite different than her usual clientele. The transgender lodged a complaint.

Old 07-26-2019, 12:35 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:

Incidentally, who is the WE referring to here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies