Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 07:42 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Let me know when the global warming fanatics are going to invade China to save the world...
Funny thing is regardless of who’s making holes on the boat, ultimately the entire boat is gonna sink..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 07:50 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I rely on NOAA, NASA and the IPCC, that is not opinion. So where do you get your information other than opinion.
I have come to rely upon my Mitsubishi Mr. Slim. LOL. It's very reliable and according to my digital thermometer it's always with in a + or - a few degrees.

Science is a wonderful thing when it's right or good science. I believe in climate change. I believe in what I experience. I experienced science claiming that another ice age was coming. (the 70's and early 80's) I experienced a fraud and his followers misrepresenting facts. (Al Gore). He misrepresented a good many things.

People are doubters because of the crappy messengers that taint the message.

Now how extreme the climate change will be is anyone's guess. As I said earlier, they struggle guessing the weather an hour in advance, forget a day or week in advance. At Any rate I'll likely be dead by then. Until that day, Ill drive my Honda City that gets 16 kilometer per liter.

Old 07-26-2019, 07:52 PM

18,449 posts, read 8,282,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Funny thing is regardless of who’s making holes on the boat, ultimately the entire boat is gonna sink..
..but you don't shoot the people that are not making the holes

odds are....if you stop the people that are the ones actually making the holes

the boat won't sink...now will it?

Old 07-26-2019, 07:57 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post

Wait! I was beat over the head multiple times that the freakin Paris climate accords were the only way to save the planet...then why the hell is Paris burning? huh libs?

Looks like Trump knew it from the total scam we all suspected it was. Thanks mr President!
It does serve to highlight a curious development, does it not?

Nations which are signatories to the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which are purportedly burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which have withdrawn from the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. United States

Nations which are NOT burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. United States

I'm seeing a fairly clear pattern here.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post

Now that all depends. Are the ones not making the holes also the ones looking for someone else to fix the problem, to sacrifice, to maybe get out of the boat so that it won't sink?

A good many of the messengers are such people and are in fact huge contributors to making the holes. Your Al Gore types, your celebrities flying around on private jets to deliver the message. With their multimillion dollar, giant carbon footprint mansions.

Yes they all believe in getting others to make sacrifices and getting others to pay for it.

Can anyone show me an organic computer or cell phone?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:05 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
It does serve to highlight a curious development, does it not?

Nations which are signatories to the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which are purportedly burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which have withdrawn from the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. United States

Nations which are NOT burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. United States

I'm seeing a fairly clear pattern here.
HEHE! According to the climate fanatics, that should count as a direct causation link! Well, the science is clear then, so end of discussion!

Old 07-26-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post

That's the complex problem.
You don't want the world screwed up, neither do I. Put something's gotta be done and lets say we both fix it, the guys on the other side are still screwing things up.

I know people argue taxes but i think it's people that won't live long enough to see the what awaits, therefore it isn't their problem, and it's more perplexing when said folks have grand kids.

Essentially you can't save the world by throwing money at the problem. All we can do now is prepare for what's to come. A more harsher world. And I take part of the blame aswell. The left isn't exempt from blame. We're all in this society and using the same tools. And sometimes out of necessity like folks that live in cities with no public transit.

So if we wanna make it, if we wanted a better world for our kids and their kids, we would've changed long ago. As a species..

Old 07-26-2019, 08:10 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
what? couldn't hear you. just finished installing a supercharger on my 6.2L Hemi. 800hp now. I can get 11mpg on the highway, and 3 city.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
what? couldn't hear you. just finished installing a supercharger on my 6.2L Hemi. 800hp now. I can get 11mpg on the highway, and 3 city.
"Haha, take that Earth!"

"Haha, take that humans"

Old 07-26-2019, 08:18 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
"Haha, take that Earth!"

"Haha, take that humans"
my carbon footprint is actually small. just had a new efficient AC unit installed and I drive 2.4 miles each way to work in a little hatchback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies