Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 08:20 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
my carbon footprint is actually small. just had a new efficient AC unit installed and I drive 2.4 miles each way to work in a little hatchback.
Awesome
*happy Earth noises*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 08:23 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Awesome
*happy Earth noises*
don't get me wrong, I'd love 800hp, I just don't think I'd be able to utilize more than about 177 on my commute. I consider myself a conservative on many levels, and I believe in the conservation aspect of the word. I hate being wasteful.

Old 07-26-2019, 08:36 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have come to rely upon my Mitsubishi Mr. Slim. LOL. It's very reliable and according to my digital thermometer it's always with in a + or - a few degrees.

Science is a wonderful thing when it's right or good science. I believe in climate change. I believe in what I experience. I experienced science claiming that another ice age was coming. (the 70's and early 80's) I experienced a fraud and his followers misrepresenting facts. (Al Gore). He misrepresented a good many things.

People are doubters because of the crappy messengers that taint the message.

Now how extreme the climate change will be is anyone's guess. As I said earlier, they struggle guessing the weather an hour in advance, forget a day or week in advance. At Any rate I'll likely be dead by then. Until that day, Ill drive my Honda City that gets 16 kilometer per liter.
no, science did not predict a coming ice age in the 70s. That was the media....The vast majority of climate papers in the 1970s predicted warming.

The history of climate science.... https://www.climate.gov/teaching/res...red-be-ice-age

Old 07-26-2019, 08:36 PM

8,118 posts, read 3,663,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
It does serve to highlight a curious development, does it not?

Nations which are signatories to the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which are purportedly burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which have withdrawn from the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. United States

Nations which are NOT burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. United States

I'm seeing a fairly clear pattern here.

Have you considered going back to school?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:38 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
So, you're able to see the silliness in drawing such simple conclusions right?

Old 07-26-2019, 08:41 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
When it was record cold last winter in Europe it was only weather.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:14 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
It does serve to highlight a curious development, does it not?

Nations which are signatories to the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which are purportedly burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. France
  2. United Kingdom
  3. Germany
  4. Netherlands

Nations which have withdrawn from the Paris Climate Accords:
  1. United States

Nations which are NOT burning up due to alleged AGW:
  1. United States

I'm seeing a fairly clear pattern here.
Quote:
What a great idea. Milton could certainly teach brain dead liberals the differences between reality and "feelngs and wishes"..

Old 07-26-2019, 10:24 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,033,954 times
Quote:

Not really. Been there, done that. I ran out of wall space to hang university sheepskins a long time ago.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:51 PM

472 posts, read 431,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
PARIS/LONDON (Reuters) - "Soaring temperatures broke records in Germany, France, Britain and the Netherlands on Thursday as a heatwave gripped Europe for the second time in a month, in what scientists said were becoming more frequent events as the planet heats up.

“There is a 40-50% chance that this will be the warmest July on record. This heatwave is exactly in line with climate change predictions,” said Dr Karsten Haustein at the Environmental Change Institute at the University of Oxford.

Peter Inness, senior research fellow at the University of Reading, said: “The fact that so many recent years have had very high summer temperatures both globally and across Europe is very much in line with what we expect from man-made global warming.”

===

108 F in Paris. Absolutely unheard of. Manmade climate change is no longer an abstract concept, it is here, it is now, and it's causing tremendous property damage, lost crops and deaths worldwide with increasing frequency.
Dang! Charles Dickens is going to be pissed. First we see that London only get an inch of snow annually and now it's this freaking hot. This is nothing like his novels. Was he lying? How are his readers to imagine all those fancy London attire?

Old 07-26-2019, 11:26 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No not really, just better CAFE standards and more restrictions on coal fired plants.

I know that would be a brutal change,
Coal is what's being targeted. I just heard Texas wind energy just passed coal. As for regulations of cars, it is common sense to keep the air as clean as possible, but a few cruises and cargo ships pollute more than millions of cars.

Back to coal. By far China is the biggest consumer and that is why it is being targeted.

The top oil producers are the USA, Saudi Arabia and Russia. The top gas producers are the USA followed by Russia. These two (oil and gas) will continue to pollute at a higher rate. It is all about economic advantages, and using politics to help the cause, nothing to do with the environment. One of the means is control of energy.

As for those people who think it's only a liberal policy, they are in for a surprise when rich conservatives jump in the bandwagon. I wonder what propaganda is going to be fed to them as it is clear to them that 'saving the earth' is nothing but lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies