Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 09:59 AM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times

Advertisements

The Democratic candidates do not want anyone divided.
Just because you want equal rights....rights that have been so hard fought for for so many years
does not mean that you want division, or hate. Just the exact opposite.

Trump is the one creating the environment of hate and divisiveness.

He divides us every chance we get.
We need a decent leader and President who will bring the country back together again.

To say that Whites, or especially White man are being oppressed, is about the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 10:03 AM

12,952 posts, read 13,663,665 times
You don't need to have vile hatred for someone to pound them into the dirt, you just have to believe they needed a reality check.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:04 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You don't need to have vile hatred for someone to pound them into the dirt, you just have to believe they needed a reality check.
what kind of 'reality check' do you think this victim deserved, and for what reason?

Old 07-26-2019, 10:06 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,766,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Wow!

You would have been a lot of fun on Kristallnacht.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:11 AM

29,431 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Just because you want equal rights....rights that have been so hard fought for for so many years

We need a decent leader and President who will bring the country back together again.

To say that Whites, or especially White man are being oppressed, is about the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard.

They absolutely do. Check out Youtube on this years NAACP meeting that had the Democratic candidates on stage. See how they address the crowd about topics. Then look up Candace Owens and see how she addresses those same topics.

One is a , aww we are sorry, it's not your fault, we are hear to help you...type of mentality.

While the other is , face up to your shortcomings , and if you want change in your life , change it...type of mentality.

One is catering to the victim, the person always looking to blame someone else. The other is trying to get people to make their own decisions, and make your own way.

As far as whites being oppressed, I agree with you on that. We are the target thought that the Dems want to point the finger at.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:12 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:

it says a lot about leftists that they can't even sympathize with someone being attacked, stomped, and spit on because they're too eager to talk about their hatred for trump.

was this victim being 'oppressed' or was he merely enjoying his 'white privilege'?

Old 07-26-2019, 10:14 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,571 times
Quote:
Just because someone wants equal rights does not mean that they want to "Oppress" White people.
Just because some feel that every race should have the same advantages and privileges does not mean they are trying
to oppress you.
Sounds like maybe some people don't like the idea of being knocked off of their pedestal with all the advantages that they have had for so long, just to end up on equal footing with someone else.

Good words.
We have equal rights in this country. There are precisely zero laws that discriminate based on race, we have the most fair justice system in the world. Which is why tens of millions of would be minorities are trying to migrate here. The most successful ethnicities in this country are minorities(East Asians, Arabics, Persians, Pacific Islanders). What you’re advocating for is equal outcomes which can not be achieved, people will end up dead(as we saw during the 20th century when a bunch of countries tried it). Yes I am concerned with being “knocked down” by the government that is oppression and unlawful and doesn’t work.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:18 AM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Indeed.

My father engaged in the “ Cicero Riots” in 1951 ( before my time) because a black family moved into an apartment. 4000-5000 white, mostly armed males descended on the building, intent on destruction and pulling the black family out into the street. White women remained on the sidelines and cheered the menfolk on. Local and state polices stood bye and watched the destruction. As I understand it, this was the first televised multi-day race riot.

Eventually the National Guard was called in to safely move the tenants out and to protect local business from opportunistic white looters. Despite it all, there were never any incitement’s.

The tenant was employed, a graduate of Fisk University a WW2 veteran and of a substantially higher character than the rioters.
I think I remember you telling me about this in a thread a few years ago. I don't remember what thread though.

And the thing that would surprise some people, is that this didn't take place in Birmingham or Montgomery. This was Chicago. All of this because there were a few Black tenents.

This isn't limited to White people. In Los Angeles, a Black family was subjected to their home being firebombed by Mexican-American gang members.

Racial violence has been going on for years, even today.

Now, I'm going to mention this. There are Black people who hate other groups. There are some Black people (notably in very ghetto areas) who have a hatred towards Whites. Some individuals have alot of anger towards Whites and view things from the perspective of "we want revenge for all the things that were done to us". There are individuals who have that kind of thinking, and will even try and act on it. The irony is this. The left has nothing to do with this. From what I was told, grandparents would tell their relatives stories about racial hatred towards Blacks in the old days and pass that anger on to the younger generation. Now, what I'm describing doesn't represent the majority of Black Americans. I'm just merely talking about a subset within the Black population.

And some Black people have a hatred for other non-White minorities, such as Hispanics and Asians. Racial tensions between Blacks and Hispanics parts of Los Angeles. Tensions between Blacks and Koreans in Los Angeles. In fact, this was one of the underlying factors in the Rodney King riots of 1992. Some Black people viewed immigrants as "invaders" who leeched from the community, and some immigrants viewed Blacks as "lazy" and "criminal". There have even been issues between Black Americans and Black immigrants. One example is clashes between Black Americans and Somalis in Minnesota.

Racial violence is sadly nothing new.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:19 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,558,636 times
The police should track down these "youths" like the animals they are. Maybe a bounty should be put on their heads.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:21 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No one said it was deserved, but there is always a reason. Like I said I do not condone violence. In this case it seems clear the teens were looking for someone who had done or said something to them. Maybe they got the wrong guy, and maybe they didn't, but it is an assault either way. If you disrespect the wrong people, you might end up with a broken nose, and the guy who broke it will pay the price. Its just the way the cookie crumbles. Most people know this, and try to be respectful.

Pulling the race card and playing the victim and/or playing partisan politics over something like this is childish, but that's what the OP has chosen to do.
Since when did a gang of twenty or so teenagers ever earn any respect from passersby? The whole respect argument is what got me in your post. No one owes them respect, and no one has a right to gang up and beat someone to a bloody pulp because they “disrespected” them. That’s a major problem for me that you seem to think some blame goes to the victim here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies