Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 01:46 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,735,161 times

Advertisements

A vast majority of the media is leftist. Saw an article posted on the effects of the trade war with a very negative title, that said "maybe" and "probably" all throughout the article and finally at the bottom posted actually facts and positive numbers that more people were working and consuming and personal income taxes collected was at a record high. So much spin in every article, anyone can see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2019, 01:48 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
If you want news then read multiple news papers, if you want opinion then watch TV , if you want political bias then listen (radio), if you want lies then search social media.

Who doesn't have a political paradigm when doing any of the above? (rhetorical) We all do. Caveat Emptor applies.

It has been noted many times by many outlets... most opinion TV is against conservative/republican platform. nothing has changed and nothing will change with them. Conservative/republicans usta just roll their eyes and shake their heads, however president Trump doesn't/can't do that without an utterance.

Sticks and stones.... after all.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:00 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Trump directs bile and vitriol at the things he fears. He constantly tries to minimize the influence of the Press because he's afraid of their influence. They're the one component of society that can get him booted out of office, and he knows it. Don't expect this rhetoric to change.

So you fear the truth being said about the media?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:02 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What a crock he is. How so many people are fooled is a very telling aspect of the nationalists.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/26/polit...ump/index.html

9. "I think the press has lost all credibility, much of it. But it's lost a big part of it. I mean, a very substantial part of it, lost all credibility."
So, the media has lost all credibility. Actually just most of the media. But all of the media has lost a big part of its credibility. Actually it's a "substantial" part of the media. But they've lost all credibility, that's for sure. Got it?

It's clearer than your thread title.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:25 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
100% true. Where is Adam Schiff's evidence that there was collusion? He said it over 400 times on cable (CNN, MSNBC). The MSM is just another arm of the Democrat party and it's disgusting. And this is coming from someone who used to BE a Democrat. I voted for Bill Clinton twice and every other Democrat until 2012. I had become a SAHM and had chance to actually watch what was going on instead of getting all my news from CNN sound bites while I was working. I read papers and watch all sources. I know which sites lean left and which ones lean right. I hear both sides of a story so I decide who I think is telling the truth. And I am here to tell you, it ain't Democrats.

Anti-trumpers forget this, very clear statement from schiff....

“ample evidence of collusion in plain sight.â€

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...-trump-1283786

When does the impeachment begin?

Old 07-26-2019, 02:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
100% true. Where is Adam Schiff's evidence that there was collusion? He said it over 400 times on cable (CNN, MSNBC). The MSM is just another arm of the Democrat party and it's disgusting. And this is coming from someone who used to BE a Democrat. I voted for Bill Clinton twice and every other Democrat until 2012. I had become a SAHM and had chance to actually watch what was going on instead of getting all my news from CNN sound bites while I was working. I read papers and watch all sources. I know which sites lean left and which ones lean right. I hear both sides of a story so I decide who I think is telling the truth. And I am here to tell you, it ain't Democrats.
OJ was deemed not guilty. All circumstantial evidence. Do you think he was?

Trump and Moscow have been intersecting over and over for years right up to the election, and with incredible timing. Many do not believe this is a coincidence.

https://themoscowproject.org/collusion-timeline

Old 07-26-2019, 03:51 PM

15,845 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So you fear the truth being said about the media?
Ed.: No not really. Because, is there an absolute truth here? I don't think so. If your political beliefs are hard right, then naturally you'd see most of the press as liberal. I'm somewhere in the middle, and I can readily find reliable news sources that more or less fall within my views. For example, in this chart:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...art-2018-02-28

the stuff I follow lies pretty close to the middle.

Last edited by rjshae; 07-26-2019 at 04:56 PM..

Old 07-26-2019, 03:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
OJ ..... Trump ....Moscow ......

This is a pretty ridiculous combination. I think you need to go google up some different websites.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:55 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Russia took Crimea with no sweat during Obama/Hillary but we are supposed to believe they preferred Trump to Hillary for president.

Moreover, the Clintons received a lot of big money donations to their foundation from Russians while Hillary was Sec of State, a huge financial conflict.

Hillary also gave Russia a large percentage of the US uranium supply.

Old 07-26-2019, 03:58 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
The media isn't perfect but I will take a free press any day of the week compared to the stench in DC. We wouldn't know the half of the things our politicians pull without the press.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies