Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 02:01 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
To date trump has lied almost 11,000 times, more than all previous Presidents combined. Pubs are in total denial controlled by their puppet master dictator the one who admires Putin, XE and Kim.
Using the same standards the democrats and their media have lied and repeated the lies well over 500,000 times !!!

Trump needs to catch up !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2019, 02:05 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Using the same standards the democrats and their media have lied and repeated the lies well over 500,000 times !!!

Trump needs to catch up !!!
That's the best defense you got for the Pathological Liar in Chief?

Talk about reaching new depths !!!

Old 07-27-2019, 02:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
That's the best defense you got for the Pathological Liar in Chief?

Talk about reaching new depths !!!
Is that the way you intend to defend fake news, the enemy of the people ?
That sounds like the definition of bottom feeding, doesn't it ?

Old 07-27-2019, 02:54 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,741,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why, did you fact check prior presidents?
Actually since I have been able to fact check,yes I do. I do not care if they have an R or D next to their name.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:18 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Journalist, when it comes to politics, aren’t what they use to be. At one time, regardless of their personal politics, journalist were at least honest and impartial enough to ask the hard questions and look at those answers honestly regardless of their personal political beliefs. Today’s journalist are the opposite. They ask hard questions only of politicians they oppose while kissing butt softball questions of politicians they do support. They do the same with political and social programs they support or oppose. They’re taught by likeminded professors at likeminded schools of journalism. To be independent doesn’t just mean independent of control by the government. It also means independent of their personal agenda in carrying out their job of delivering the truth, even if it’s a truth they don’t like nor agree with as long as it’s true.
What do you call it when the Democrats have control of colleges, the media and start to limit what you can an can't say?

Old 07-27-2019, 05:19 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
People, there has never been a sillier point about which to argue than numbers of "lies" told by this side vs. that side. It's ridiculous....considering that, in the history of man, we have never been further apart from agreement on what is and what is not a "lie". Posting number counts of "lies" by anyone is nothing but comedy, but there's much better comedy out there, if that is what we're looking for.

Back to the topic, there simply IS no more free and independent media, if defined (traditionally) as the human reporters who narrate events for public consumption. Today's "media" is just that....the vast array of electronic conveyances of information directly from the source to the news consumer. Human "reporters" are people with opinions on everything, just like everyone else. There is precious little pretense left of impartiality and those who still pretend it typically have even less credibility than the professional pundits. 50 years ago everything was funneled through Walter Cronkite and David Brinkley. Those days are long gone.

When our President - a man who could not possibly be better suited for his role in these times - talks about the press and the media, he's talking about the people who populate the organizations that have unambiguously positioned themselves to launch daily assaults on The United States of America and everything we stand for. 10s of millions of us identified them as our enemy long before President Trump first voiced his agreement with us.

Having a group of the most highly principled, impartial, and disciplined people to reliably report truth to the public is a wonderful fantasy. Edward R Murrow, Walter Cronkite, and David Brinkley were as close as we ever got to it. How was that even possible? Because they lived in a world where no one, not themselves or anyone else, ever argued over which bathroom should be used by whom.

Our President is absolutely right....and is singularly courageous in standing up to them, the most dangerous of all of our enemies. I am not a religious man, but we are truly blessed to have him. I just wish I could see anyone with the strength and courage to accept the baton in 2024.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:24 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
To date trump has lied almost 11,000 times, more than all previous Presidents combined. Pubs are in total denial controlled by their puppet master dictator the one who admires Putin, XE and Kim.
Who told you that? MSNBC?

Old 07-27-2019, 05:25 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
What do you call it when the Democrats have control of colleges, the media and start to limit what you can an can't say?
I think we call it our 2016 state of affairs. Fortunately a leader came along with the strength to begin turning the tide.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:32 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
The Media has largely become the Propaganda Arm of the Democrat Party. That is obvious. However, Government regulation is NOT the answer, nor are laws restricting Free Speech.

Trump can complain he wants, and rightfully so, as over 95% of the Media is unfairly BIASED against him and the Republicans. However, he knows that no laws, nor regulation would pass Congress or the COURTS. Trump is just being Trump. B*tching about it.

The Democrats also b*tch about a lot of things and actually try to put Unconstitutional measures in place all the time. Open Borders (Amnesty). More gun laws that are violations of the 2A. Hate Speech laws that are violations of the 1A, and others.

Old 07-27-2019, 05:45 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
[quote=MJJersey;55770330]The title is cut off and I don’t click on CNN. But I can say that the US media has become pure garbage controlled by a very small number of companies and people.[/QUOTED/]

I agree. The 'news' media in this country is mostly garbage. The only show I actually watch is David Muir and I believe HE'S a liberal - but that news show is palatable, presenting (it appears) JUST THE FACTS without interjecting his or his reporters' opinions. Journalism is dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies