Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2019, 07:29 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I didn't see any speech in that photo...maybe I am missing something?

What I see is treasonous
where do you see any speech in burning American flags? i have 100 bucks that says you never dreamed of considering that treasonous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nearby
maybe you can go look?

Old 07-27-2019, 08:31 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,365,745 times
I don't get it. They could face an investigation for WHAT? Shooting the sign?

Old 07-27-2019, 08:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Are you assuming a bit too much? As has been stated, there is no substantive evidence that they had anything to do with the holes in that signage.
If they have shot up that memorial, would you agree that they should be charged to the extent of the law?

Old 07-27-2019, 09:25 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The drama on this thread is getting boring. It's the same thing every single time:

Use words you don't know the meaning to because they sound scary.

Accuse the person(s) of a crime when even the Dept. of Justice doesn't know if they did a crime or not (because they don't work on assumptions in cases like this).

Screech that it was "threatening" despite the fact that it was posted on a private account, not out in public, spread around, handed out, sent off to for all to see.

The clutching of pearls from those trying so hard to prove that they aren't racist is so tired.

They have the right to take that photo that displays their character.

The person who had access to the private account and then snitched - I don't have a whole lot of warm feelings for that person, either. No one likes a snitch. Nonetheless, they have the right to "bring it to your attention Ole Miss".

The school has the right to investigate the matter.

Everyone should be prepared for backlash when they do things like this, including the snitch.

But the backlash should include facts only, not someone's fantasy fiction that they are making up in their heads to make sure that everyone is very aware that they are NOT racist!
But any hatred, or implied hatred of whites wouldn't make a lot of headlines- these folks here would be defending them, minimizing or dismissing it-the same things they are criticizing some posters here of doing.
Bottom line in Murica: non-white is always right and whitey's not alrighty.

Old 07-27-2019, 09:28 PM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
More people being afraid of a picture. Like they are of murals of Washington, paintings with only white people, 100 year old statues, flags, symbols, etc. The Left is so resilient that they are afraid of absolutely EVERYTHING. Please don't see your own shadows Democrats you may faint!

Old 07-27-2019, 11:10 PM

119 posts, read 63,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"
Quote:
Three University of Mississippi students have been suspended from their fraternity house and face possible investigation by the Department of Justice after posing with guns in front of a bullet-riddled sign honoring slain civil rights"

I thought the left supported freedom of speech. Guess NOT!
We do but not hate speech n or actions born out of racism and fear. Kapish?

Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 PM

937 posts, read 927,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump is as responsible for this sort of behavior as Obama was for the behaviors of every black person.

This image will likely have a lasting impact the students for the rest of their lives.
.... This is some real Galaxy brain ****...

Old 07-27-2019, 11:11 PM

119 posts, read 63,062 times
Quote:
If they have shot up that memorial, would you agree that they should be charged to the extent of the law?
I do but I am not a Trump supporter. So..

Old 07-27-2019, 11:49 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Let anyone else out there, who has similar ideas, learn from this. You want to be an ass with no respect, you will be treated like an ass and without respect.
Good point, we need to have internet police. If you post something that upsets someone, you get thrown out of school and lose your job.

We need a zero tolerance policy on offending people.

Old 07-27-2019, 11:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No crime as of yet unless they can factually say that they shot the monument. Thats a very low standard for behavior but then again it has been regularly used by our president. The monument has been destroyed several times to the point where they are replacing it with a 500 pound monument. You can bet this trio has acceptance from many of their comrades at home and in their fraternity.

I started a thread yesterday that was deleted for some reason, someone was actually arguing that the woman who recanted her story did nothing wrong and was pressured.
If it's material left on unprivatized land it's simply waste (the monument).

No natural rights have been violated that I can see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies