Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 11:04 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
It is amazing to me that it has come to this.

Politicizing science is the height of corrupt governance, and must be called out!

The leftists have this retarded lust for control, and it must be countered!

They are charlatans! ENOUGH with that BS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5B8gcpggfs
Actually showed this vid to someone and I can paraphrase their response.

This is a good example of the “BS Asymmetry Principle: The amount of energy needed to refute BS is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.

This YouTuber‘s primary errors are a fundamental misunderstanding of what climate change is and an insane degree of cherry-picked data. Moreover, if anyone thinks that one can engage in the process of science by posting some old newspaper clips in a YouTube video then they don’t understand the scientific process whatsoever.

How do you go about arguing with someone who doesn’t understand the scientific process, who has demonstrated that they’re willing to cherry pick only the data that supports the narrative they’ve chosen to believe, and who doesn’t even understand that despite the world becoming consistently warmer, it’s still possible for there to have been hotter/longer heatwaves in the past? You can’t. You cannot reason a person out of a conclusion that they did not reason themselves into.

The evidence in this video is cherry-picked. This heatwave is not evidence for climate change on its own, but it is when considered alongside other global trends of higher temperatures and greater frequency of extreme weather events like heat waves and storms, among dozens of other more complex phenomena like ocean currents and glacier melts.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:06 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
According to that weird logic, basically every employee is a state-employee
According to Title 26, you are!

Title 26 USC Sec. 3121(h) American employer
For purposes of this chapter, the term “American employer” means an employer which is—
(1) the United States or any instrumentality thereof,
(2) an individual who is a resident of the United States,
(3) a partnership, if two-thirds or more of the partners are residents of the United States,
(4) a trust, if all of the trustees are residents of the United States, or
(5) a corporation organized under the laws of the United States or of any State.

It would appear that the only parties liable as “American employers” are:
1. The government (a privilege)
2. A resident (a privilege)
3. A corporation (a privilege)

No mention of American nationals / non-resident / inhabitants.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:23 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Actually showed this vid to someone and I can paraphrase their response.

This is a good example of the “BS Asymmetry Principle: The amount of energy needed to refute BS is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it.

This YouTuber‘s primary errors are a fundamental misunderstanding of what climate change is and an insane degree of cherry-picked data. Moreover, if anyone thinks that one can engage in the process of science by posting some old newspaper clips in a YouTube video then they don’t understand the scientific process whatsoever.

How do you go about arguing with someone who doesn’t understand the scientific process, who has demonstrated that they’re willing to cherry pick only the data that supports the narrative they’ve chosen to believe, and who doesn’t even understand that despite the world becoming consistently warmer, it’s still possible for there to have been hotter/longer heatwaves in the past? You can’t. You cannot reason a person out of a conclusion that they did not reason themselves into.

The evidence in this video is cherry-picked. This heatwave is not evidence for climate change on its own, but it is when considered alongside other global trends of higher temperatures and greater frequency of extreme weather events like heat waves and storms, among dozens of other more complex phenomena like ocean currents and glacier melts.
Ha ha, that's projection. The climate alarmists (you) are the ones that cherry pick not only today's conditions, but they also ALTER data from the past to pad their religious lust for power.

The charlatans of AGW must be exposed as the LIARS they are!

BTW, you didn't watch that video, I'm sure. I'd like to here your refutations of the facts presented.

You should check out this hearing from Australia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CQLBGz8LxU

Old 08-01-2019, 04:43 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Ha ha, that's projection. The climate alarmists (you) are the ones that cherry pick not only today's conditions, but they also ALTER data from the past to pad their religious lust for power.

The charlatans of AGW must be exposed as the LIARS they are!

BTW, you didn't watch that video, I'm sure. I'd like to here your refutations of the facts presented.

You should check out this hearing from Australia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CQLBGz8LxU
Wayched it. Its a bunch of rambling by a guy going through old records not really refuting anything because he doesn’t consider other factors.

The people I listen to actually go out i to the field, use instruments and report their findings. As well as review the results of others.

When I see the video’s comment section full of “liberal this” and “globalists that”..

I think it’s safe too assume Im not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Wayched it. Its a bunch of rambling by a guy going through old records not really refuting anything because he doesn’t consider other factors.

The people I listen to actually go out i to the field, use instruments and report their findings. As well as review the results of others.

When I see the video’s comment section full of “liberal this” and “globalists that”..

I think it’s safe too assume Im not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed.
You didn't watch that one either.

Old 08-01-2019, 04:51 PM

Science + Politics = EVIL

Leftists are hell bent on destroying our economy via climate model GIGO BS.

**** that!

Old 08-01-2019, 10:22 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Science + Politics = EVIL

Leftists are hell bent on destroying our economy via climate model GIGO BS.

**** that!
This ain't no climate model, but I'm guessing that to climate change deniers it's just weather...

As air temperatures over the ice rise, the ice sheet is responding in the only way it knows how: by melting. By Tuesday, over half of the surface of the Greenland ice sheet had softened to slush.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...is-summer-bad/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies