Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 04:23 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
It has everything to do with it. People in Baltimore are suffering from 3rd world standard of living but Cummings is more concerned about allowing more 3rd world illegals into the country than improving the city he represents.

Again, rather than seeing the truth Democrats view everything as racism so who pays attention to the boy that cried wolf anymore.

nuff said.
No it does not. Baltimore's problems and the spat between Cummings and Trump have nothing to do with each other. Trump made that comment as a low blow. He hit below the belt. Baltimore has alot of problems, but that conversation was neither the time or the place for it. Baltimore is already in bad shape and illegals have nothing to do with why it is in such bad shape.

The conversation was about illegals and the border wall. Trump should have kept it there because neither of them were talking about Baltimore. Trump brought it up to hit below the belt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 04:23 PM

46,274 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
No chucksnee, Trump is not wrong. We used to go to Baltimore every year as a weekend trip. We haven't gone for years. Baltimore is run down and dangerous. The row houses are not far from the convention center where many people go. It's easy to find yourself in the decrepit part of town.

Thank you, and I believe we have been on the same page for a long time. What I'm trying to get is anti-trumper to say exactly what you have said.

Yet it appears, they won't.

Now, if I'm wrong about our "page" let me know......

Old 07-30-2019, 04:24 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s victim culture. It has the most prosperous and well-educated generation of Americans walking through life snowblind, oblivious to all the wonderful things happening around them.
See example below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The reality is that when I go to facebook and I see people making ignorant comments, it reminds me that some people are still tribalistic. When I go out and I see people flying Confederate flags from their front porch (or in the case of one person, a large flag pole in their front yard), when I see some individuals putting bumper sticks with stuff like "Trump urinating on the world 'liberals' ", I'm reminded of the divisions out there. The reality is, this country has always been divided. I don't thrive on my reality. I see my reality where I live. I base my opinions by what I see around me and the things I've read about the USA's history.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
The reality is that when I go to facebook and I see people making ignorant comments, it reminds me that some people are still tribalistic. When I go out and I see people flying Confederate flags from their front porch (or in the case of one person, a large flag pole in their front yard), when I see some individuals putting bumper sticks with stuff like "Trump urinating on the world 'liberals' ", I'm reminded of the divisions out there. The reality is, this country has always been divided. I don't thrive on my reality. I see my reality where I live. I base my opinions by what I see around me and the things I've read about the USA's history.
And I see my reality on my thoughts and experiences and I've had very good and eh, some minor bad. Just because one person is good or bad does not make all good/bad. Yet people like you and liberal want to classify everyone under a nice tidy name and for the dumbest reasons.

There should be an ism for that?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
See example below:
So having a problem with the stupidity around me is "victim culture"? Having a problem with people flying Confederate flags is "victim culture"? Having a problem with people making bigoted remarks "victim culture"? Not forgetting about things that were done to you is "victim culture"?

You can call it "victim culture" all you want. For me, this is crap that I see around me. You can call me a negative nancy all you want. I will be happy when things change to what I want them to be.

And calling it "victim culture" is just a gaslight term.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:28 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,910,758 times
Sometimes you have to know more than is published on the internet. Milw is a city that used to very prosperous, full of factories making auto parts, cranes, beer and rocket parts. But EPA, high taxes, unions, and China combined to wipe most of that out. EG My sister's house in the city has a 10,000 dollar tax bill on a 2500 sq ft house.

Madison on the other hand, is the state capital and home to the University of Wisconsin. That's what makes Madison prosperous, tax money. A major university can support a pretty large city, like Lubbock, Tx/Texas Tech University.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
So having a problem with the stupidity around me is "victim culture"? Having a problem with people flying Confederate flags is "victim culture"? Having a problem with people making bigoted remarks "victim culture"? Not forgetting about things that were done to you is "victim culture"?

You can call it "victim culture" all you want. For me, this is crap that I see around me. You can call me a negative nancy all you want. I will be happy when things change to what I want them to be.

And calling it "victim culture" is just a gaslight term.
You are what you think and focus on.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
And I see my reality on my thoughts and experiences and I've had very good and eh, some minor bad. Just because one person is good or bad does not make all good/bad. Yet people like you and liberal want to classify everyone under a nice tidy name.

There should be an ism for that?
I've had some good experiences. I've also had some very bad experiences. I've had some ugly ones. And there are some things that are just bad, period. Alot of things are just bad, period. There is a saying "ignorance is bliss". It's sort of true. The more I read from history books, the more that I know, the more grim my view is in terms of America's history. And while these days are the best America has been, we still have alot of division.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I've had some good experiences. I've also had some very bad experiences. I've had some ugly ones. And there are some things that are just bad, period. Alot of things are just bad, period. There is a saying "ignorance is bliss". It's sort of true. The more I read from history books, the more that I know, the more grim my view is in terms of America's history. And while these days are the best America has been, we still have alot of division.
Yep, it's amazing that people can treat others or think of others like that but they did. Hey, it was also bad for women too and still can be if you allow it. But if you or I want to focus on it making ourselves miserable that a choice each of us make. I chose to plow through, understand women's history and do what I can personally to not allow it in my life (education and a profession, never being dependent on a man). I can't change the world but I can control my situation for the most part.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:34 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,009,219 times
Quote:
Then what is he?
a narcissistic, racist, demagogue - so is there a party that fits that category? Don't think so. But wouldn't label him conservative "just because" there are no other labels that fit the idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies