Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 09:00 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
You are trying mightily to change the subject from the condition of Baltimore, aren't you?
No not really I’m trying to point out that what many are taking at being racist is not limited to a Baltimore but our President’s tendency to use such wording to describe Democratic led areas with people of color while never using such words for white communities that are also struggling with similar issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 09:00 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Trump is such a horrible nasty person. I don't know how any decent person could support him. Then again, maybe none do.
Boo hoo. Cummings is far from a baby. 40 years ago he had good intentions, but he’s been a self dealer for a while now. Baltimore needs real help

Old 07-28-2019, 09:01 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Still waiting for an answer to my questions

Do you think that there are no Republican led Districts with white majorities that have the problems listed?

If the answer is yes, will the President call them out and use same language for them?

I am not sure because Orkin's top-50 rat cities are all run by Democrats! Maybe they can publish a top-100 list next year and we can see if there are any "red" cities on the list.

17,623 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Why you had to point out they were black is surprising,

Why not just say the local politicians are not willing to face the problems.

And all of what you said -- doesn't defend Trump's attack on Cummings.

It defends your views of Baltimore.

Trump implied Cummings isn't doing enough.

First of all -- he's not the local politician in charge of local matters...he's in Washington DC.

And he's as responsible for doing nothing as our President is.

oh our President is white....and he's no help. (not sure why I had to make sure to point out that out but it seemed important to you the color of the skin).
The race matters because the justification/explanation for these juvenile thugs is always the same: racism explains it, meaning white on black racism.

Whites have virtually no power in the City of Baltimore. The mayor is black. The majority of the city council is black. The State's attorney is black. The police force is majority minority. Yet the white people are busy fueling the "rise of white supremacy" according to these idiots, and that's the problem in their pea-sized brains.

You really cannot understand how messed up and dysfunctional this city is until you've lived in it for 20 years. I will always love the people here and the memories, but I've finally had enough. Maybe Trump's tweets will have an effect, but that's unlikely. Full blown city riots didn't motivate the morons who live here and run the town.

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
It's lovely how all of a sudden the concern for Baltimore and its terrible conditions is important and thanks to Trump it has been brought to light.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

the spin on this is so much I'm dizzy.........

Seriously this kind of spoof would be in a movie and we would say it is ridiculous how they twisted the whole situation.

But here it is in real life ......ugh.

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Still waiting for an answer to my questions

Do you think that there are no Republican led Districts with white majorities that have the problems listed?

If the answer is yes, will the President call them out and use same language for them?
Are any of them in the top 10, overrun by disease carrying rats?

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
As bad of a communicator as Trump is in his narcissistic, insulting ways — he pulls the mask off the ignored problems in this country that most politicians are too coward or bought off to deal with.
At least he gets this stuff out in the open so we can debate it instead of pretending it doesn’t exist.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:02 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
No not really I’m trying to point out that what many are taking at being racist is not limited to a Baltimore but our President’s tendency to use such wording to describe Democratic led areas with people of color while never using such words for white communities that are also struggling with similar issues.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it may be 'coincidental' and Trump really isn't a racist but there are too many times he doesn't choose his words carefully or his battles and it is hard not to recognize his approach with some people is VERY VERY different than others.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
I am not sure because Orkin's top-50 rat cities are all run by Democrats! Maybe they can publish a top-100 list next year and we can see if there are any "red" cities on the list.
LOL. Travel around this country my friend and you might be shocked at the lives that many fellow Americans are living in. These are the people that vote for Obama, Trump anyone that sells them some hope and 5hen they realize that 5hey were just pawns in a bigger game.

So yes keep playing the old us vs them. The politicians on both sides love that because it keeps them in power.

Old 07-28-2019, 09:04 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's lovely how all of a sudden the concern for Baltimore and its terrible conditions is important and thanks to Trump it has been brought to light.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

the spin on this is so much I'm dizzy.........

Seriously this kind of spoof would be in a movie and we would say it is ridiculous how they twisted the whole situation.

But here it is in real life ......ugh.
Jesus lady, go get some smelling salts or something. You’re practically apoplectic here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies