Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 07:33 AM

29,921 posts, read 18,483,067 times

Advertisements

It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 07:37 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,344,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
It seems very odd that the left immediately calls Trump a "racist" for saying Baltimore is a dump. It is- have any of you been there? How is calling a place that is a dump "racist"? Can one no longer speak the truth in the eyes of modern day leftists? If you don't acknowledge a fact, can a problem ever be solved?

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well?

MANY of these congressmen go on the attack and are so focuses on partisan political issues, that they neglect their own districts and what can be done for them.

Instead of wanting open borders and freebies for illegals, why don't Cummings and AOC focus on helping their districts, which obviously need a lot of help. Are they neglecting their duties as Congressmen?
In the eyes of Democrats, 'Lies is truth'. They want us to go along with their charade that Baltimore is a wonderful place and that poverty pimps like Cummings are 'champions' of the people. Most people understand this is a farce and are sick of their faux narrative. This is one of the fundamental reasons people voted for President Trump, as they understand that he will tell the truth about the situation.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:40 AM

30,462 posts, read 17,888,365 times
Its not. And the narrative that criticizing someone who happens to be black is somehow racist needs to be forcefully rejected.

But as I've mentioned before, we're seeing these lies of racism by the Dems as they are hoping to anger enough black people to increase their voter turnout in 2020, the division they are causing to the country be damned. What a sick and twisted way to try to achieve your political goals.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:43 AM

31,343 posts, read 14,067,458 times
Baltimore is a dump and may rival Detroit as the worst city in the country.

That's not a racist statement. That's a statement of fact.

Edit: I just looked up the 10 most dangerous cities, 2018. Surprisingly, Baltimore is only #7, with Detroit #2 and St Louis #1.

http://www.bbcnewshub.com/top-10-mos...-america-2018/

Last edited by BeerGeek40; 07-28-2019 at 08:07 AM..

Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM

35,512 posts, read 17,684,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Is calling parts of Appalachia a dump "racist" as well? The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful, but many parts of Appalachia are dumps- trust me- we hike there all the time. The North Carolina area can actually be pretty wealthy, but far eastern TN, far western VA and WV can be pretty dumpy. Racist?

Has Trump called a town in Appalachia a "dump"? Have we all missed that? That's one of his strong voting bases, so no, no matter how dumpy and meth riddled it is, I don't believe he's called them a "dump".

And a follow up question, has another sitting president ever - ever - called an American city "a dump"?

Old 07-28-2019, 07:46 AM

34,107 posts, read 18,350,139 times
It's not racist. The Media and Democrats know that's only what people will hear. Just like what Trump said to the Sad Squad. Not racist, yet that is the only narrative they now want to push since Russia has been revealed as a HOAX. Oh, and Trump is sexist too.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:48 AM

8,331 posts, read 4,573,586 times
It’s not a racist statement, but it’s inflamatory. There’s quite a few cities with similar problems, and to single Baltimore out is strange. Maybe it’s because I’m not an east coast guy, but it’s not the place I’d have singled out.

Watch Charm City on Amazon Prime. Baltimore May suck, but it is NOT a dump.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:48 AM

30,462 posts, read 17,888,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Has Trump called a town in Appalachia a "dump"? Have we all missed that? That's one of his strong voting bases, so no, no matter how dumpy and meth riddled it is, I don't believe he's called them a "dump".

And a follow up question, has another sitting president ever - ever - called an American city "a dump"?
Trump has savagely attacked people of all races and ethnic backgrounds. It would be one thing if Trump's attacks were only directed at minorities, but merely showing that he hasn't attacked an Appalachia town fails the sniff test when all of Donald Trump's attacks are taken into account.

As to your other question, I can't think of any, but then again I don't know. But Trump is a pretty unique personality. I'd have no problem condemning Donald Trump for some of the things he does and says. Its the unsupported/unsubstantiated cries of racism that I have a problem with and will continue to push back against.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:50 AM

31,343 posts, read 14,067,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

You don't get it. Trump is in there as a non-establishment, non politician. We aren't doing things the old way, and career do nothing politicians WILL BE CALLED OUT.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:53 AM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times
Baltimore On Most Rat-Infested Cities List Again: Orkin
https://www.headlineoftheday.com/201...t-again-orkin/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies