Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 12:43 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
So conservatives believe that personal integrity, honesty, and ethics are no longer important in elected officials. Corruption, accepting foreign interference, obstructing justice, and constant lying are all perfectly acceptable as long as our Team wins.

Got it.
I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2019, 01:26 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t know if it does or not. Never considered it.

What’s undeniable is that if he’s prosecuted, it will be highly embarrassing to his voters. If you say otherwise, you’re just lying.
Why would anyone be embarrassed if he’s prosecuted after serving his term(s)? You’re missing the point of what I'm saying, Trump is a means to an end.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:32 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I didn't say that, all I said was I'm getting what I want and at this point in the game I really don't care what it takes to get it. I'd love to get what I want while having a rainbows and unicorns President in the White House who likes to pet kittens and tend to his garden but that doesn't work when you have the kind of opposition that Trump has. Democrats would destroy any ethical pushover POTUS we could have nominated or elected. We needed a royal Grade A ******* to go up against the Grade A *******s on the left and we got him.

Both teams are 100% full of that these days, I'll take what I can get and hope that things get better in the future.

So you sleep with Putin? you said: I really don't care what it takes to get it.

Old 07-28-2019, 01:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
By the time Trump leaves he White House in 2024, will there even be any Democrats left?

Old 07-28-2019, 01:36 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
Quote:
So (Dems) believe that personal integrity, honesty, and ethics are no longer important in elected officials. Corruption, accepting foreign interference, obstructing justice, and constant lying are all perfectly acceptable as long as our Team wins.
This describes Democrats to a T. You all know it to be true. Another report of FBI/deep state corruption posted today... more to follow. I feel sorry for democrats... sort of... they got taken by their own party and the media.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So you sleep with Putin? you said: I really don't care what it takes to get it.
I sleep with my wife, but thanks for checking. .

What I’m actually saying is that I don’t care what you do with Trump after I’m done getting what I want from him.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Why would anyone be embarrassed if he’s prosecuted after serving his term(s)? You’re missing the point of what I'm saying, Trump is a means to an end.
What end though? Our politics are cyclical. He isn’t doing anything that has any finality. Everything he’s doing can be reverse engineered by the next hostile administration.

In other words, everything he’s doing to his predecessor’s legacy will be done to his. Trump isn’t immune to his own actions, if that’s what you’re trying to convey. I’m positive that he’s gonna serve two terms, but that won’t make his policies any more irreversible. Witness Obama’s policy positions for proof.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What end though? Our politics are cyclical. He isn’t doing anything that has any finality. Everything he’s doing can be reverse engineered by the next hostile administration.
I somewhat agree with you but he's bringing much needed attention to issues like illegal immigration and trade, issues that have been ignored or made worse by both political parties over the last few decades.

Quote:
In other words, everything he’s doing to his predecessor’s legacy will be done to his. Trump isn’t immune to his own actions, if that’s what you’re trying to convey. I’m positive that he’s gonna serve two terms, but that won’t make his policies any more irreversible. Witness Obama’s policy positions for proof.
The United States isn't going to tear down a hundred miles of new border wall/fence once it's built, we know it works and the border patrol has been begging for more of it. If a big steel wall is the only thing left behind from Trump's terms in office that will still be the biggest win ever for this country and conservatives like myself.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:26 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
I don't think conservatives or liberals will care what happens to Trump after he leaves office. Why should they? Just like Trump's threats of how he was going to investigate Hillary if he won the election - never happened, and why should anyone care? 2016 is gone and past.

We could have indicted George Bush and Dick Cheney for lying to Congress and the public in order to justify invading Iraq. Maybe we should have, but to what end? The past is the past.

Old 07-28-2019, 05:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
I somewhat agree with you but he's bringing much needed attention to issues like illegal immigration and trade, issues that have been ignored or made worse by both political parties over the last few decades.

The United States isn't going to tear down a hundred miles of new border wall/fence once it's built, we know it works and the border patrol has been begging for more of it. If a big steel wall is the only thing left behind from Trump's terms in office that will still be the biggest win ever for this country and conservatives like myself.
The wall is neither here nor there to me, but okay. I guess that’ll be Trump’s Obamacare.

Still, I can’t help but question if you really think a border wall has any real efficacy. Frankly, I think it’s just gonna end up a big hulking dilapidating relic of a time when we lapsed into xenophobia. Future generations will laugh at us.

But that’s another thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies