Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:59 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Yup. Multi-millions of folks of German, Italian, Polish and other E.European nations, Scandinavians, Portuguese, and Spanish (who are also white) and all other European extractions have lived throughout the continent for centuries. Even millions of Irish moved there instead of to N. America. Other millions of Africans were brought to the continent as slaves. The Japanese favored Chilé in particular. Pacific Islanders were immigrating to Peru long before the New World was discovered.

Half of the continent doesn't even speak Spanish. Brazil's language is Portuguese.

Immigration was never limited to North America you know. If you didn't before, you do now.
In addition, Brazil has the highest amount of Japanese, Arab, and Black diaspora (even higher than the U.S.)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 01:47 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
In addition, Brazil has the highest amount of Japanese, Arab, and Black diaspora (even higher than the U.S.)!
Brazil has the highest Japanese and Black populations outside of Japan and Sub-Saharan Africa. More Italians went to Argentina and Brazil than to the USA. And while the USA received alot of Sicilians and Italians from the far south of Italy, Argentina and Brazil received alot of Italians from all over Italy. And Italians had an easier time assimilating in South America than in the USA. Same with Arabs. Arabs had an easier time assimilating in Brazil, Colombia, and Argentina.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:05 AM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
I'm not a proponent of illegal aliens. Immigrants should come here legally. However, I'm not with what that Arizona senator had to say. When that "low birth rates among Whites"part was brought up, that told me what I needed to know. I notice she had no concern about Blacks, Asians, or other groups.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:07 AM

900 posts, read 375,515 times
Obviously, the entire American continent has the same type of colonization, first the native inhabitants, then came the white European colonizer who brought the black African slaves, and thus the americas were born.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
MANY of the parts of the southwest already look like South-America.
MANY parts of the southwest were stolen from Mexico and those places were populated with Spanish speaking Mexicans when the Mayflower arrived.

Old 07-31-2019, 05:27 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm not a proponent of illegal aliens. Immigrants should come here legally. However, I'm not with what that Arizona senator had to say. When that "low birth rates among Whites"part was brought up, that told me what I needed to know. I notice she had no concern about Blacks, Asians, or other groups.
Wouldn't it make more sense to try to solve the poverty, crime and illegitimate birth problems in the American black community before encouraging them to have more children? And if I remember correctly American hispanic, middle eastern and asian communities don't have low birth rates. If we are going to home grow our native population it's up to the demographics with the lowest birth rates to step up their game.

Frankly I think the whole world should have lower birth rates. For our own part we should concentrate on encouraging all Americans to wait until their lives are more stable before having children, and not making up for that lower birth rate by importing more poverty from around the world. If we're going to grow our own population though, that's how we'll have to do it...with increased rates among those with lower rates.

I'm not sure how we are ever going to effectively fight poverty if we are constantly importing more of it at greater rates. South America is the way it is because of poverty, not skin color.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:10 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
MANY parts of the southwest were stolen from Mexico and those places were populated with Spanish speaking Mexicans when the Mayflower arrived.
24 years. On the clock of time called North America that is about 2 seconds.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:32 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
When I think of South America, I think of a history of corrupt politicians similar to our own Donald Trump. Oops. Trump is white. He is not corrupt.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:17 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Multi-millions of folks of German, Italian, Polish and other E.European nations, Scandinavians, Portuguese, and Spanish (who are also white) and all other European extractions have lived throughout the continent for centuries. Even millions of Irish moved there instead of to N. America. Other millions of Africans were brought to the continent as slaves. The Japanese favored Chilé in particular. Pacific Islanders were immigrating to Peru long before the New World was discovered.
Whenever you see pictures of populations in South American countries, they look overwhelmingly mestizo.

Funny how that is.

Old 07-31-2019, 09:49 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Something I saw on Facebook that made me laugh:

“If you think that Mexico is only sending drug dealers and rapists....

And you think a Mexican is going to steal your job...

What the f*** do you do for a living?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies