Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 03:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times

Advertisements

Trumps new low,trashing American cities and the people living in them , hey trump you are the president instead of villifying these American cities why not work on fixing the problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2019, 03:22 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
It was too expensive then, now it's literally approached insanity.

A lot more homeless people, a lot more needles in the street. I didn't see any poop but the last time I went was 10 years ago. It's gotten worse and worse.

There are still amazing parts of SF, but the wealth disparity there is bad. Like I said, the rich are all tucked away in Pacific Palisades or other tony areas.

The rest is the rest. Like most of coastal Ca, a circle jerk if you're not filthy rich.
My great aunt and uncle paid $5,000 for a little row house out in the Sunset district in San Francisco in 1938. Their youngest son (who was born almost 10 years after they bought it) sold it very quickly last year (80 years later) for, IIRC, about $1.3-$1.4M. A flipper bought it, remodeled it...going all the way down to the studs and making the partially finished downstairs a finished part of the house...and sold it very quickly (getting multiple offers) for, IIRC, just under $2M.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:05 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
San Francisco where you have a sanctuary city that allows shooting up heroin, pooping in the streets but bans vaping lolololol
And plastic straws.....

Old 07-29-2019, 04:27 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,322,066 times
So which big city will be next on Trump's hit list? Any city in the country run by a Democrat, and their citizens who won't be voting for HIM.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:44 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...san-francisco/

I will admit it is a very wealthy city for the time being due to large amounts of venture capital and equity flooding the city because of the artificially low interest rates. So I guess credit should be given for many of the companies that are best snack-oil salesman companies in the history of the world.

However, amazing how San Francisco ignores the homeless crisis, ignores the many people dying from heroin addictions and looks the other way and could care less about vulnerable people who are disabled.

There has never been and never will be a city that ignores it's social problems like Nancy Pelosi's San Francisco.

However, San Francisco is a good guide to what Democrats want: A percent of the population equity billionaires from being great salesman, politicians and city workers who make a massive fortune with huge pensions and a massive, exploited, massive underclass trying to do all they can to avoid sleeping on the cold, cloudy, raw streets of San Francisco in a city that ignores vulnerable seniors and disabled.
Guess he's a racist again, right liberals?

Old 07-29-2019, 04:46 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Guess he's a racist again, right liberals?
Trump wasn't called racist for talking about how bad life can be in Balitmore.

He was called a racist for personally attacking someone from Baltimore -- tellling them to go back.

He still hasn't told Pelosi to 'go back'.

Guess he just wants people of color to 'go back'?.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I've been there MANY times from the 1970s up to two years ago. If you have been there, you cannot truthfully say that the city has not gone downhill.
Unlike you, Hawkeye - my fellow conservative -- I've never been to SF and will never set foot there. I may cross the California border someday but that would only be to do some exploring of their national parks. And it will feel like crossing into another country.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:28 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The so called 'Happy Meal Ban' did happen in 2010. Some feel San Francisco 'got the idea' from Santa Clara County (where San Jose is located). Santa Clara County enacted a 'Happy Meal Ban' during the first half of 2010, and San Francisco followed later in 2010. Rather than banning any food, they sought to (and did) ban the free giveaway of the little gifts with the meals. McDonalds and Burger King got around that by charging ten cents for the little gifts that were previously included at no additional cost.
Yep.... You can shoot up heroin on the streets, live in a tent on our streets, break into cars with immunity, poop on our sidewalks but.....

You better not eat a Happy Meal since the Fries have to many Calories and it comes with a free toy.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:30 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So which big city will be next on Trump's hit list? Any city in the country run by a Democrat, and their citizens who won't be voting for HIM.
Libs can't face the truth. Perhaps they should focus their attention on solving real domestic problems, rather than wasting all their time bashing Trump.

Old 07-29-2019, 05:32 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Libs can't face the truth. Perhaps they should focus their attention on solving real domestic problems, rather than wasting all their time bashing Trump.
And trying to implement OPEN BORDERS to get more Illegal poor people here to vote for Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies