Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 05:42 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Mom got 15K in go fund me account to pay legal fees. With charges dismissed wonder where the cash will go?
Lesson learned by 10 year old: do the wrong thing, become a celebrity and make coin.

https://www.facebook.com/cameishi.triplettlindley
Awesome news.

Should’ve never been charged in the first place.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:25 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
You gonna dodge it, or catch it?

You catch it, and you own the ball.

Your shot now.

I learned all about life and debate in the 5th grade.

Dodgeball is an essential educational tool.

Learn to avoid being dumbed down. If you don't like the game, just get yourself dumbed out - but, CAN YOU TAKE IT? Maybe just take it in the back by turning and looking the other way.

NEW GAME: KEEP-AWAY

As a victim of "keep away", in the keep-away game . . . well, I learned how to play that game, too.

Where a game is rigged, well, I take the riggers down - usually one by one, till it's - game over.

Sometimes, though, you (I've done it a lot) walk away, leaving the riggers to figger amongst themselves who, if any, will be in charge of "your property". Things work out, eventually.

You may lose your property - but not your . . . PROPERTY.

One time, I even scored . . out of a hot box between third and home. (Probably in the 6th grade.)

Forty-eight years later, federal judge Anthony S. Borwick asked me, "If it was so dangerous dodging cars in vehicular traffic at the RML, how were you able to avoid your injury or death?"

I answered: "I'm agile".

JUDGE: What?

ME: Agile, A-G-I-L-E, AGILE!

JUDGE: Oh

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 08-01-2019 at 07:57 AM..

Old 08-01-2019, 08:11 AM

3,073 posts, read 3,260,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Non violent dodge ball?

How do you play that game?
All the "kids of colour" get to throw the balls at the white kids, the white kids are not allowed to move or defend themselves, even if a ball misses, one of the white kids must take themselves out to make up for future privilege. Even though kids are still getting hit with balls, it is still considered non violent because only the white kids are getting hit so that doesn't count.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
This isn't on the kid who threw the dodgeball. This is on the mom for not ensuring her kid was exempt from such activities or forbidden to participate. If the mom did her part, then the blame lays with the school.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:28 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Awesome news.

Should’ve never been charged in the first place.
Exactly. Apparently he is almost a straight-A student too. Hope he is not discouraged by this incident. He will learn that even when you’re upset, it’s not always the best to take a shot back. Sometimes you end up losing more than the little satisfaction you gained.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:33 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,000,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I vaguely remember that game. Ahhh, the good ole 80s.

Yes, it’s the mother that needs to be charged. She is most informed regarding her child’s illness and should have instructed the school to keep him out of most or all sports. This makes me so upset. When I have children, I want them to be able to be children. As you said, sit down and discuss with the child if he was too rough or being mean, especially in sports. Teach them good sportsmanship. But criminal charges? Just crazy.
We played "wall ball" when I was a kid and I'm 33. We played with a tennis bass. Now that I think about it, that crap hurt. You throw the ball to the wall and someone tries to catch it on it's way back. It the person that tries to catch it drops it, then they have to run to try to touch the wall before someone else picks up the ball and tries to hit them. The fun part was running toward the wall hoping you don't get tagged with the ball. Fun times!

Old 08-01-2019, 08:34 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
The Five D's of Dodgeball: Dodge, dip, dive and duck ... and dodge.
Now both parties can sue the school.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
This isn't on the kid who threw the dodgeball. This is on the mom for not ensuring her kid was exempt from such activities or forbidden to participate. If the mom did her part, then the blame lays with the school.
That mom must treat school like a babysitter. This isn’t the first time a child has thrown the ball at her son in this manner and she knows the risk to her child.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
We played "wall ball" when I was a kid and I'm 33. We played with a tennis bass. Now that I think about it, that crap hurt. You throw the ball to the wall and someone tries to catch it on it's way back. It the person that tries to catch it drops it, then they have to run to try to touch the wall before someone else picks up the ball and tries to hit them. The fun part was running toward the wall hoping you don't get tagged with the ball. Fun times!
Omg tennis balls? Ouch! But does sound fun. I know some of the kids must have drilled each other...lolol.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinnerd View Post
All the "kids of colour" get to throw the balls at the white kids, the white kids are not allowed to move or defend themselves, even if a ball misses, one of the white kids must take themselves out to make up for future privilege. Even though kids are still getting hit with balls, it is still considered non violent because only the white kids are getting hit so that doesn't count.
This is cute.

Victim much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies