Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 04:01 PM

8,134 posts, read 3,671,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Canadian health care doesn't cover everything. 75% of Canadians buy or earn (employment benefit) supplemental private health insurance to cover what Canadian health care doesn't.
So? The grand totals (all sources of payment) per capita are being compared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 04:11 PM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Your original claim was that medicare for all type of plan will shift more of the HC cost towards the middle class.
It will. There's no other way to pay for it, as I've explained many times.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
So? The grand totals (all sources of payment) per capita are being compared.
Why doesn't Canada pay for it? Why must 75% of Canadians buy or earn supplemental private health insurance to pay for their health care while ALSO being taxed for it?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:33 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Default Kh is leaving a trail of expired positions on important issues.

Harris thinks she is trying on dresses.

she tries everyone in the store to see if it will score the highest in the polls.

KH has been on every side of every issue as suits her campaign. she fails to set a solid foundation of what she is for and what she is against. Who can support such a mercurial candidate who is fast becoming a hologram.

check the daily posts to see where KH stands today.

Kh is leaving a trail of expired positions on important issues.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:44 PM

21,927 posts, read 9,494,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Universal health care has worked pretty well in the countries that have it. Thing is, everyone has to participate. If you are a citizen you contribute and when you need it, you take out. In this country, some people don't want to be in on a health care plan. Either they are very very rich and can pay their own way or they are poor and stupidly think they can save money because they will never need health care. When they get sick is when the rest of us have to pay for their emergency treatment even though they never pitched in. But they get nothing more than ER and then get kicked out.

If people aren't going to pitch in like they do in other countries, then I think Joe Biden's type of plan is the best. He'll let people continue to buy health insurance through their jobs but for others, he will improve Obamacare so that it's fairer. He knows it needs work.
Improve Obamacare? Wasn't he in office when it was implemented? If he couldn't improve it in 8 years, what makes you think he can now?

Old 07-30-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Lol. So you are 'fiscally concerned' about the Dems getting their "filthy paws" on other people's money? Meet Donald Trump.

Trump is the biggest spendthrift to come through the WH in years
. He doesn't care where or who he steals the money from--he just wants to spend it. He is busting budgets all over the government with his own spendthrift ways and btw, passed a deficit-busting tax cut for himself and his friends.

We are currently worrying about now, with the extravagant, spoiled Trump, spenders of other people's money, keeping his filthy paws off of taxes paid by hard-working (working much harder than he) taxpayers.

The bankruptcy king takes our money and gives it to the farmers to alleviate the financial issues he created with his own bad judgment? Who'd of thunk that Trump was going to re-distribute wealth to cover up his own blunders?
Can you seriously be this clueless? During Obama's 8 years, the debt went from $9T to 18$. It has gone up at a much slower rate since Trump came into office. The only reason he agrees to this spending is so he can fund the military that Obama didn't bother with in spite of his 8 year fiasco in Afghanistan.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama spent more in his administration than the last 8 presidents. Of course liberal media will excuse that or never mention it.
I should have added it but no, it's MORE THAN ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS COMBINED.

Old 07-30-2019, 04:59 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
I'll need a link. And, please, not a faux-like one. I did look, and I did not find any reliable information on that, the details of an actual implementation are not described.
Brokerage accounts do NOT know your income. All trades will be taxed.
Millionaires as well as blue collar joe have shares in mutual funds. That mutual fund advisor will sell and pay the tax and pass that tax on to ALL SHAREHOLDERS of that fund.

Wall street trading is NOT set up to differentiate traders by income.
All they care about is that you have the funds in your account to pay for your trades.

Anyone who buys/sells any investments on wall street will pay this tax.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:08 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why not? Can't you accept that health care isn't free? Or are you fortunate enought to be on the Republican Health Care Plan--DON'T GET SICK!?
Why should we? Why should I be taxed higher because I worked to get a better life for my family? Oh, I forgot, the liberals don’t care about personal responsibility, just tax the living hell out of people that do well to pay for people who don’t. And don’t give me this “fair share” crap. You want fair share? Flat rate tax.

How about cutting all the pork? How about cutting programs like California’s (kamala’s stomping grounds) free healthcare to illegal aliens while penalizing citizens who don’t buy health insurance? How about ejecting the illegals instead of welcoming them like the liberals do?

You want to pay for healthcare? You pay and leave rational people alone.

Old 07-30-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Why should we? Why should I be taxed higher because I worked to get a better life for my family? Oh, I forgot, the liberals don’t care about personal responsibility, just tax the living hell out of people that do well to pay for people who don’t. And don’t give me this “fair share” crap. You want fair share? Flat rate tax.

How about cutting all the pork? How about cutting programs like California’s (kamala’s stomping grounds) free healthcare to illegal aliens while penalizing citizens who don’t buy health insurance? How about ejecting the illegals instead of welcoming them like the liberals do?

You want to pay for healthcare? You pay and leave rational people alone.
"You want fair share? Flat rate tax." I'm good with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies