Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 07:52 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Saudis buys a lot of stuff from Trump.

The US has a long, long history of ignoring Saudi Arabia’s human rights violations.

Saudis buys a lot of stuff from the US.

Saudis own a lot of stuff in the US , real estate, stock, debt etc in the US.

Top Trump fundraisers pushed to sell nuclear tech to Saudis.

Trump chose Saudi Arabia as his first overseas trip as POTUS and brought along an entourage of 100’s. First daughter used her position and influence to extract a $100 million donation to a charity.

So long as Saudis continue to buy and quote/ settle international oil trade in USD, the US is open for business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 07:55 AM

21,116 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Maybe the libs would be okay with $1.7 billion in cash.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:03 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Ask Obama .....

Barack Obama’s administration has offered Saudi Arabia more than $115 billion in weapons, other military equipment and training, the most of any U.S. administration in the 71-year U.S.-Saudi alliance, a report seen by Reuters has found.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...hrome&ie=UTF-8
I know this ... shia don't have money ... the u.s. has always backed the wrong horse, because it pays better.
adding: Bush Didn’t Know There Were Sunni And Shiite Muslims Two Months Before Invading Iraq...

To be honest, I don't know that too many people know how to keep up.

adding another, just scanned it, this might help:

America and Islam After Bush

Old 07-30-2019, 08:08 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Ask Obama .....

Barack Obama’s administration has offered Saudi Arabia more than $115 billion in weapons, other military equipment and training, the most of any U.S. administration in the 71-year U.S.-Saudi alliance, a report seen by Reuters has found.

https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Obama did it, so it's OK if Trump does it?

I'm confused. I thought Trump supporters hated what Obama did.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Give me ONE EXAMPLE when that has happened. You can't, because we've never allowed Saudi Arabia to re-sell our military technology. NEVER. Stop lying again.

Why would Saudi do that? The people that run that country are already RICH. Why burn bridges with the U.S. over a few bucks. THINK!

Both CNN and ZeroHedge agree (this is kind of startling, I can't believe that I am citing ZeroHedge, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't believe CNN) - https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...n-weapons-endn

As to why? For heaven's sake, is it really a new idea to you that nations will use each other for short-term policy goals even if, in the long-term, they are fundamentally opposed? If the Saudis are so rich, why do they need discounted weapons from us? Answer - they don't. But it saves them money, and helps them maintain their power in the region. And the US is willing to let "re-transfer" slide, because our policy is to keep the Saudis and Israel balanced against each other.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Obama did it, so it's OK if Trump does it?

I'm confused. I thought Trump supporters hated what Obama did.
Different circumstances !!!
Obama was trying to start a war in the ME feeding money to Iran to pay terrorist and weapons to S.A. to defend against Iran supported terrorist !!!

Old 07-30-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Different circumstances !!!
Obama was trying to start a war in the ME feeding money to Iran to pay terrorist and weapons to S.A. to defend against Iran supported terrorist !!!
QED.

The US policy in the ME has always been to keep these countries fighting each other. Trump is merely continuing the established tradition.

Old 07-30-2019, 08:37 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Another Trump victory, Senate fails to override veto, Trump admin gets the go ahead to sell arms to Saudi Arabia

It was the first veto by the President and 8 plus billion in sales !!! Jobs President !!!

Trump administration gets green light to sell arms to Saudi Arabia, after Senate rejects veto overrides
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...eto-votes-fail

Three votes Monday to override Trump's vetoes failed. Each required a two-thirds vote.

The White House also argued that stopping the sales would send a signal that the United States didn't stand by its partners and allies, particularly at a time when threats from hostile countries such as Iran have been increasing.

Yes, it always works out so well when we sell arms to countries in the Middle East.
It's not like they ever turn around and use the arms against us.

It's not like any terrorists have ever came from there.
It's not like they might not be given/sold to other terrorist groups in the region and used against us.

We have made a few bucks....why should Trump care if a few poor Americans or Allies die?

Last edited by Crazee Cat Lady; 07-30-2019 at 09:21 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 08:44 AM

14,775 posts, read 8,103,690 times
Originally Posted by Seacove
Quote:
It's disgusting what Trump does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Knowing your posting history you undoubtedly said the exact same thing about president Obama, right?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN11D2JQ

Oh wait, he was part of your team, so anything he did was great, but anything Trump does is evil.

Classic example of TDS on display.

Well, we have done this in the past....and it has worked out so well for us!!!!(NOT)
It is a bad and terrible idea, I don't care who has/had it!

Old 07-30-2019, 08:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,646,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
QED.

The US policy in the ME has always been to keep these countries fighting each other. Trump is merely continuing the established tradition.
What a crock !!!

Iran is cash strapped and in financial ruin due to Trump !!!

S.A. is going to be well armed !!! Iran can't fund an attack therefore less chance of a war !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies