Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 07:52 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Trump is calling out that "the emperor has no clothes". Instead of turning on Trump they should have turned to Cummings and asked "So what are you going to do about it ?"
What Cummings should do about it, is hold the slum lords responsible. That would include the Kushner family.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...nts-2019-07-31

Old 08-01-2019, 08:05 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Trump is calling out that "the emperor has no clothes". Instead of turning on Trump they should have turned to Cummings and asked "So what are you going to do about it ?"
This makes absolutely no sense.

The city of Baltimore is the concern of the city of Baltimore and the state of Maryland. Representatives in congress do not govern!

Trump should understand this, you should understand this too, if you studied civics in your school days (and passed the class) ... but apparently you two don't.

What they can do from Congress is allocate funds for programs to assist big cities, all of the cities indiscriminately, with their uniquely urban problems. But let's not think for one moment that Trump would sign legislation sponsored by Democrats intended to help big cities, Trump will not help (by signing legislation) Cummings nor any other representative of big urban populations solve the problems of the cities with Federal funds. Neither would Mitch McConnell allow such legislation a vote in the Senate, we both know this.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:07 AM

21,906 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
I can hardly wait to see his orange jumpsuit. Hope it matches his hair.
I guess you missed it. The Mueller reported yielded nothing. They quietly gave up all the investigations in NYC, too, because they had nothing.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
For once, I think you may be right, BB.

Maybe not in the way you expect.

"We'll see what happens."

I can’t rep you anymore. Trump supporters would still stand up for him if he nuked the planet just for their hate of liberals.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:11 AM

17,602 posts, read 6,890,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I can’t rep you anymore. Trump supporters would still stand up for him if he nuked the planet just for their hate of liberals.
No. If Trump nuked the planet the only survivors would be cockroaches and Congressional Democrats.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:21 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No. If Trump nuked the planet the only survivors would be cockroaches and Congressional Democrats.
Alone with Trump and his supporters. Trump needs to be worshipped by someone all the time.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:25 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I guess you missed it. The Mueller reported yielded nothing. They quietly gave up all the investigations in NYC, too, because they had nothing.

What it did yield was, Trump couldnt be indicted because he was in office, that speaks volumes. So he is praying he wins re-election. Even after that, it will be no picnic. The truth will come out but no one will care.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:27 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Trump has exposed the decades of government corruption.
Then the Democrats doubled down.
What is on our doorstep is going to be Biblical.
What are you talking about? IMO its trump who comes off as the grade school drop out with all his endless hate and nemecalling and his total incomprehension of global affairs.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:31 AM

812 posts, read 736,259 times
As opposed to the very stable genius that delivered this gem?

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is so powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us, this is horrible.”

Old 08-01-2019, 08:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If Trump nuked the planet the only survivors would be cockroaches and Congressional Democrats.
.Trump has suceeded in brainwash you to hate half the American population ,you ever delve into the core reasoning of your dislike of Democrats or has it become just a kneejerk reaction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies