Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 06:02 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well there is Buffett and Gates.

So now your a millionaire, add that to your resume of doctor, farmer, chemical engineer and climate change expert, quite a background.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/25/warr...her-taxes.html
Buffett has lawyers and accountants ensuring he pays the absolute least amount of taxes as possible.

He probably sits around every Sunday morning scanning forums to laugh at posts like yours knowing you gobble up his hypocrisy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2019, 06:02 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
He tosses it on the ground, and you lap it up.

Buffett is such a phoney, and the libs worship his little platitudes.

That's the response, Gates and Buffett are phonies. They don't seem to have an issue donating billions to charity or taxes.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:03 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Well there is Buffett and Gates.

So now your a millionaire, add that to your resume of doctor, farmer, chemical engineer and climate change expert, quite a background.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/25/warr...her-taxes.html
I don't farm- I lease out the farmland, but mess around on the farm for fun building things, ect....

I've been a millionaire for a while, so it is nothing new or special. Millionaires are a dime a dozen. The real wealthy guys are those in real estate.

Yes, I am a physician, chemical engineer (have the degree, but never used it), and have taken many graduate level physics classes. I do not consider the above to be very remarkable, as essentially all my friends are physicians and millionaires (been in practice a while).

Regarding climate, I have a pretty good understanding of physics and math and am therefore not as easily fooled as you are.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
When politicians say that the rich should pay more in taxes I ask pay more for what reason?

When you look at the democrats who are running for president. They all want medicare-for-all and some form of free college. These things would require more taxation. But many Americans disagree with these things and the higher taxes that will come with them. So should the rich be paying more in taxes just to provide more funding for things many Americans disagree with? Aren't the rich paying enough taxes to cover our current government services and programs?

I understand what you're saying, but why do you think? Because that's the only way they can fund their giveaway programs.

And forget "the rich" lol. The middle class will be the big losers--wait until you see their sliding scale for mandatory government health insurance premiums, picking the pockets of the rich AND the middle class to spread the wealth to the poor--and the ever-increasing dependent classes entering the country.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:05 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
If you want to reduce inequality it has little to do with taxes.

2 Simple ideas nearly impossible to get done.
1) Start enforcing laws against antitrust and oligopoly again.
2) Amend the constitution to kill lobbying. IE rich guys buying the business laws they want.

No tax increase needed. The above 2 will happen NEVER!

Politicians will never kill lobbying because that would be cutting their pay. Lobbyiest money goes directly to politicians who make the laws concerning lobbying...

They will never do this because they are corrupt... say it with me, POLITICIANS ARE CORRUPT! All of 'em.. DEMs, REPs, INDYs, ALL OF EM!!! Wake up folks!

Old 07-31-2019, 06:07 AM

Quote:
That's the response, Gates and Buffett are phonies. They don't seem to have an issue donating billions to charity or taxes.
They don't donate to taxes.

Show me a single example of them doing so.

I can show you a Forbes article explaining how Buffett constantly uses things like inversions to save billions in taxes.

Question, why do they choose charities instead of giving that money directly to the treasury? I can give you some clues.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Buffett has lawyers and accountants ensuring he pays the absolute least amount of taxes as possible.

He probably sits around every Sunday morning scanning forums to laugh at posts like yours knowing you gobble up his hypocrisy.
Yes of course he takes advantage of the tax system, why shouldn't he. The top .1% have their own personal accounting offices. Do you expect him and others to not use the advantages of the tax code.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:10 AM

Harris considers a household making $100k rich.

She's targeting that rich couple consisting of a fireman and teacher to pay for her medicare for all.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
They don't donate to taxes.

Show me a single example of them doing so.

I can show you a Forbes article explaining how Buffett constantly uses things like inversions to save billions in taxes.

Question, why do they choose charities instead of giving that money directly to the treasury? I can give you some clues.
I didn't indicate they donate to taxes, the point is that they are questioning the tax code. The post I was responding to indicated no millionaires want to be taxed more.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Yes of course he takes advantage of the tax system, why shouldn't he. The top .1% have their own personal accounting offices. Do you expect him and others to not use the advantages of the tax code.
When he says he should be paying more, than no, he shouldn't be taking such advantages.

You may want to look up the definition of hypocrisy, because when a person says they shoukd do one thing while doing everything in their power to not do it, that's hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies