Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 12:46 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times

Advertisements

The mach3 and fusion 5 products are just ridiculous, at $7 for the stick and $26 for a 12-pk refill. I have been growing my beard in protest.

To be attacked as a SPECIES I think is a seminal moment.

31 million views and 1.5 million dislikes on Youtube, so I think lotsa people saw it.

Just like United Airlines beating their own customers, I will never fly United again, or buy Gillette. There must be some feedback transmitted to the corporation, that they have offended their primary customer and will no longer be purchasing their products.

for those of you who need to refresh your memory of the Gillette man-bashing ad and it's claim that all masculinity is toxic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

Old 07-31-2019, 12:55 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
How is Gillette left wing?

It’s a razor company.

And no, nothing in the Gillette ad linked in the above post offended me as a man.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:03 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You really think men stopped buying razors over a commercial?

Price always wins and these new subscription companies are seriously undercutting the old biz model.

It’s like blaming a blockbuster commercial for their demise.
There are people like hawkeye,phma and waldo here

I always felt it was overpriced. even that disposable ones cost 10$. I started using Bromley from Kroger . much better quality for a lesser price. .

Old 07-31-2019, 01:17 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,275,373 times
Every male knows the importance of a reliable shaving blade in daily life. There is little to no joy in grinding your way through the shaving process only to end up with cuts and nicks on your face and neck. Gillette Mach 3 was the king of shaving blades for so long. In the process it raised the bar for other companies to produce their best products to stay competitive. Now, Gillette has amazingly reduced quality standards across their product line, almost intentional for some unknown reason. They will cite reasons such as using more recyclable materials or increased costs of production. Just it seems so odd and there has to be something behind it all. Are they planning to get out of the shaving business altogether?. Is shaving to become obsolete in an age of tech gurus with some form of facial beard or neck beard, dictating how future grooming or lack of thereof will look like. The real time enactment of The Game Of Thrones in every day life. The return of medieval days , bearded tech lords in the castle and peasants outside the walls.

For the record, Mach 3 now in the opinion of this daily shaver is incredibly poor in most every way. Bic Flex 3 and 4 are just miles ahead of the Mach 3, once the gold standard of shaving.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
They claim it is only due to currency fluctuations and increased competition, but we all know better right?

Besides, maybe the competition wouldn't be doing so well if Gillette wasn't trying so hard to alienate it's prime user demographic.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ise/ar-AAF498M

Gillette's full of krappe. They'd been losing market share since 2011 when they decided to change direction and appeal to a different user.

Unfortunately for them, they chose to insult long-time users, and not enough soy boys are shaving to make up for the loss.

Too bad.

Old 07-31-2019, 01:24 PM

1,877 posts, read 678,211 times
I just buy double edged razor blades, for $10 you get two years supply of good quality sharp blades, plus its less waste than blade cartridges.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:10 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,409,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILRef View Post
Not surprising. I'm fairly middle of the road. I don't care what politics a company holds. But I'm completely over the public virtue signaling. Let products just stand on their own.

I used to buy Gillette razors and shave gel, exclusively. I now use Harry's razors.

Edgewell is the owner - Schick, Edge Gel, Wilkinson Sword, Playtex, etc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgewell_Personal_Care

Old 07-31-2019, 02:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Can’t believe that folks are so butthurt over a simple commercial.

Fellas...your grandfather’s America is gone. It ain’t ever coming back. Trump ain’t bringing it back either.

Deal with it.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:38 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Can’t believe that folks are so butthurt over a simple commercial.

Fellas...your grandfather’s America is gone. It ain’t ever coming back. Trump ain’t bringing it back either.

Deal with it.
Let the folks nostalgic for the Father Knows Best era and the other myrmidons believe all they want that they pulled down Gillette. That's all they have.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
This male uses about one blade...usually stolen from the wife....every couple of months. Sure, it's nice to have something sharp, but warm water and shaving creme do wonders......

Why, I must spend.....a total of $20 a year on shaving all told. Given the amount of beards out there these days it's no wonder that shaving isn't the big business of the past.

In other news, Ford kept making the same cars way too long.....and GM didn't listen to what they were told about much of anything (FWD, fuel efficiency) and so it goes......

I mean, back to my original point. Who cares? AND, who would be clueless enough to think that these troubles are due to political movements???

Ford was senile for the last 15 years running his company and everyone knows he hated Jews and Unions. Therefore, the result was ruin for his company (GM defeated, then the Japanese, etc.).....

So, the lesson must be to love Unions (the Germans and Japanese do) and you will succeed? Or not......

No, the reasons are more complicated......

Oh, BTW, will the NFL suffer terrible this year ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies