Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,908,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't know anyone who watches that stupid show.
Obviously a whole bunch of conservatives because they are chatting up here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2019, 07:04 PM

5,249 posts, read 6,174,340 times
If anyone thinks Trump and his proxies would not triple down on what Gabbard said about Harris, they are in denial. Her comment about not responding because the attack was an attempt by a marginal candidate to draw attention was also the height of hypocrisy because that is exactly what Harris did to Biden.

The more pressing problem for Harris is that she keeps flip flopping on health care. Not so much a change/shift of policy as moving back and forth. Now that she is in the top tier I expect more scrutiny of her record, her decisions as a prosecutor, and some of her dealings.

I think she may have already hit her ceiling of support. As long as Warren and Sanders are hogging the liberal vote and Biden sits on 30%+ from a combo of AAs, pragmatists and Centrists, Harris has a narrower path to pursue.

Old 08-01-2019, 07:59 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,412,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The attacks on Tulsi Gabbard are all part of the far left's plan:

https://twitter.com/WajahatAli/statu...85669747949573

They don't want her as president - while she acts weird on some topics, she's right on in others - and the far left doesn't want anything remotely near reality.
According to this clown, it's RuSSiaN bOts "sowing racial discord," as if identity politics aren't part and parcel of the DNC-Media complex.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:04 PM

37,091 posts, read 42,078,286 times
If The View wants to stay up to date they should let everyone go and start over. Those gals have nothing new to say...it's the same old stuff all the time and it's been decades.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
If The View wants to stay up to date they should let everyone go and start over. Those gals have nothing new to say...it's the same old stuff all the time and it's been decades.
You must watch on a regular basis if you say it hasn't changed.

I am not a fan of the whole show and get frustrated but have really appreciated seeing most of the Democrat candidates on the show. I also have enjoyed when they have conservative politicians or pundits.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:37 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,385,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
They could also try some lesser-addressed sociopolitical issues, such as copyright maximalism, of which Disney is a proud practitioner of.

Old 08-01-2019, 08:51 PM

77,978 posts, read 60,166,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, you're right. I like Tusli because she seems more moderate. At least from what I recall her saying. She's not a far lefty loon like so many of the front runners.

He can get the "woman credit" on his team, if we're playing that game. Not sure what her race/ethnicity is. Hopefully for Biden it's something other than straight white.

Sorta sad and sick we have to view things this way. Check boxes and the like.

Meritocracy is what it should be.
She's female and non-white so she can thrash Kamala who then has nothing to come back with but Russia.

Seriously, she brought up Russia? I have to think someones pulling my leg that is so absurd.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,557,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post

The View doesn't like her. If anything that alone makes her the best choice.

I think you're being a little harsh and unfair to The View. Take a look at their anniversary special below and maybe it will change your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8-RGQUAdno

Old 08-01-2019, 09:06 PM

10,385 posts, read 3,965,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan...russian-stooge

And surprise, McCain defends her.

Its interesting, she was on the show and they never told her their true feelings. But most likely they gained these opinions from listening to Brooklyn media attack her incessantly.

The truth is they don't care about Syria or the position her dad had on the LGBTQ community. They only care about keeping the democratic party as an elite group of members with a consensus on globalism, global hegemony, and international trade.

Syrian refugees will never live in their neighborhoods but they will give corporate America more labor and justify the destruction of their home country.

They liked Assad and his family when they were against Iraq in the gulf war and during the torture regime of Bush. Now DC intellects think he should be gone as they want an 'open' democracy that is easily manipulated.

They don't care about the people he killed, or else they wouldn't lie about Tulsi's position on Assad or that she did admit he was a war criminal. Its just an irrelevant question that distracts people from why US hegemony is so necessary for peace in the middle east.
I never heard of her till today, and I find it funny that like clock work, as the establishment politicians and the corporate run news start to attack her, the same people here that seem to be suffering TDS are attacking her too. It's kind of scary how well orchestrated this all is. Makes me wonder if some of the posters here are actually paid propaganda machines to push a narrative.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I never heard of her till today, and I find it funny that like clock work, as the establishment politicians and the corporate run news start to attack her, the same people here that seem to be suffering TDS are attacking her too. It's kind of scary how well orchestrated this all is. Makes me wonder if some of the posters here are actually paid propaganda machines to push a narrative.
Well for never having heard of her - -you sure do seem to have developed quite the theory about the situation. Gabbard has been intersting but not noteworthy -- including the first round of debates. She was on The View before and both McCain and Behar went after her for other issues. She held her own -- well spoken. She uses her military career appropriately to garner favor.

But cut to right now Gabbard is fighting to move up in the polls right now. She's satisfied one of the criteria for the next debate (or is very close to it) and needs to satisfy polling criteria to get to play with the top 7. She is fighting for popularity.

She decided to come hard at Kamala Harris to make a name for herself. She is trying very hard to get noticed.

It may work...and good for her if it does.

So yeah -- she's getting criticism but she is more noticed today than she was last time around -- that was her goal last night.

This will give her more visibility but she'll never get close to what she needs to be in the top three after all is said and done.

You are correct in assuming their is some orchestration, but you may not be aware of who is the conductor of the orchestra in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies