Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 08:20 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times

Advertisements

How convenient to do a website refresh now...

California Removes Arrest Reports From Kamala Years

A redesign of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website will make it harder for voters to inspect Sen. Kamala Harris's controversial record as the state's top cop.

The department removed public access to a number of reports on incarceration in the state, including when presidential candidate Kamala Harris (D.) was California's attorney general.

Until recently, these reports were publicly available at the CDCR's website. A search using archive.org's Wayback Machine reveals that as of April 25, 2019—the most recent indexed date—ODP reports were available dating back to the spring of 2009. As of August 2019, the same web page now serves only a single ODP report, the one for Spring 2019. The pre-2019 reports have been removed.

The changes matter in part because the reports contain information about Harris's entire time as state A.G., 2011 to 2017.

Documents are now only accessible by request... i.e. - they now control the flow of information.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-02-2019 at 08:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 08:29 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
He said the older reports are still publicly accessible and that some information was only temporarily removed.
When fake news admits that it is fake news.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
When fake news admits that it is fake news.
Did you stop reading, or did you read the last sentence? I just added it to the OP.

The records are available by request only. Older records are no longer freely accessible.

They are obviously hiding select information to make it favorable for Harris.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-02-2019 at 08:48 AM..

Old 08-02-2019, 08:38 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Yeah and it took debate commentary from Gabbard to bring her controversial record to light. Although admittedly I did know about it through alt sources
But where is/was the watchdog corporate media on all this?

Old 08-02-2019, 10:54 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Did you stop reading, or did you read the last sentence? I just added it to the OP.

The records are available by request only. Older records are no longer freely accessible.

They are obviously hiding select information to make it favorable for Harris.
Ok, then send an email to request the documents. It will take two seconds of your life.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Ok, then send an email to request the documents. It will take two seconds of your life.
They can also deny the request or claim that there are no records available.

OR people can go to the Internet Wayback Machine that archives the internet.

You are not stupid. You know what's going on here.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:34 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
I'm not buying that this is all to protect Harris.

She's not exactly a heavy hitter, zero chance of coming through the primaries.
(Not to mention that the dems that would be behind this if it was such a conspiracy might be Biden guys and sure wouldn't want to be helping Harris, quite the opposite.)

I find it much more likely that this was in the works for a while and this is a large stretch at claiming it's some big conspiracy.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:36 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I'm sure Google is busy changing their algorithms to hide anything negative about Kameltoe

Old 08-02-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm not buying that this is all to protect Harris.

She's not exactly a heavy hitter, zero chance of coming through the primaries.
(Not to mention that the dems that would be behind this if it was such a conspiracy might be Biden guys and sure wouldn't want to be helping Harris, quite the opposite.)

I find it much more likely that this was in the works for a while and this is a large stretch at claiming it's some big conspiracy.
Harris is bigger than you might think - she is top 4, and these days, it doesn't take much to tip the scales. But to your point, the elites have picked who they wanted already. So you are probably right.

I'm sure that Trump would be given the same latitude...

Old 08-02-2019, 12:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How convenient to do a website refresh now...

California Removes Arrest Reports From Kamala Years

A redesign of the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website will make it harder for voters to inspect Sen. Kamala Harris's controversial record as the state's top cop.

The department removed public access to a number of reports on incarceration in the state, including when presidential candidate Kamala Harris (D.) was California's attorney general.

Until recently, these reports were publicly available at the CDCR's website. A search using archive.org's Wayback Machine reveals that as of April 25, 2019—the most recent indexed date—ODP reports were available dating back to the spring of 2009. As of August 2019, the same web page now serves only a single ODP report, the one for Spring 2019. The pre-2019 reports have been removed.

The changes matter in part because the reports contain information about Harris's entire time as state A.G., 2011 to 2017.

Documents are now only accessible by request... i.e. - they now control the flow of information.
We will never be free, when the transactions of the ruling class is held in secret.
Sit down, shut up, pay & obey. You sir are Property.

Truth, Justice & the American People, or do we protect the institutions of bureaucrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies