Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:27 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times

Advertisements

Immigration has been the centerpiece of Trump's Presidency, with his ongoing battle for border wall funding, which he won when the Supreme Court allowed Trump to divert $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds for border wall construction.
Looks like its paying off politically....
Quote:
At one point in the speech, Trump said Democrats’ greatest “betrayal” was supporting “open borders’ and Democratic lawmakers “care more about illegal aliens than they care more about their own constituents."

Carter, president of communications consulting firm Maslansky + Partners, said the voter-reaction analysis showed independents tracking closer to Republicans than Democrats in response to those statements.

She said Republicans graded those comments with an A+ and Democrats rated them with an F, but independents graded them with a B-.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pollst...on-trump-rally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2019, 03:29 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
Good thing Biden is sticking to his guns on immigration....

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/elec...ented-personal

"If you cross the border illegally, you should be able to be sent back," the former vice president said. "It's a crime."

Old 08-02-2019, 03:32 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times
This is true in my case. I typically haven't been a red side fan, but seeing illegals sucking up the freebies first hand along with Trumps attack on our lopsided trade situation with China has me choosing them as the least-worst at this time.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:41 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
I'm not seeing a lot of support among indies I know for the Democrats bending over backwards for illegals. To me the behavior seems disloyal and self-serving. Then again I'm not overly fond of the Republicans for separating families either. Both sides suck on this issue. It's time for the two parties to work out a compromise on immigration. Not that I'm expecting that to happen any time soon; they both gain by perpetuating the status quo.

Old 08-02-2019, 03:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Good thing Biden is sticking to his guns on immigration....

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/elec...ented-personal

"If you cross the border illegally, you should be able to be sent back," the former vice president said. "It's a crime."

As the fieldd dwindles support for the other candidates will shift to anyone but Biden. He will not be the nomination, Trump for the win.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaipeiTaiwan View Post

Why should I struggle to come here and work hard job to support people that are blackhole to social benefits?

LOL... that is a question many of us have been asking for decades.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:28 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
This is true in my case. I typically haven't been a red side fan, but seeing illegals sucking up the freebies first hand along with Trumps attack on our lopsided trade situation with China has me choosing them as the least-worst at this time.
Where do you see illegals sucking up the freebies.

I have lived in Georgia with lots of illegals and they run from the freebies. They do not want to be put into any system -- even if it is for a hand out.

Old 08-02-2019, 04:33 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Immigration has been the centerpiece of Trump's Presidency, with his ongoing battle for border wall funding, which he won when the Supreme Court allowed Trump to divert $2.5 billion in Pentagon funds for border wall construction.
Looks like its paying off politically....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pollst...on-trump-rally
Just as a background -- that independent polling group -historically have worked for conservatives all their career.

They measured 100 voters......and some of them claimed to be Independent ......

And while they gave us the results - -they didn't tell us exactly how they asked the question which is integral to the results.

Did they say -- Are you concerned about open borders?
Or did they say -- Do you support the Democrats and their push for open borders?

We don't know.

Of course nobody wants open borders and nobody is calling for it.

So I consider this point mute.

Old 08-02-2019, 05:08 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Nobody has ever disputed that coming with out approval is a crime. But for Gods sake work on fixing the right way to come in! The policies are antique. 2 stop employers from hiring !!! 3 stop getting high! And last stop trying to be slave owners ! ( human trafficking )

Old 08-02-2019, 05:12 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
Let’s see what other polls show on Independents.

Usually 55% or so oppose Trump with approvals around 35 to 40%.

Quinnipiac currently has 35% approval 58% opposed

Maybe less, but I haven’t seen a legitimate poll yet (and I don’t consider this to be legit) where Indy’s backed Trump.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 08-02-2019 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies