Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 05:20 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, Trumpy is mad because Governor Newsom signed a bill requiring candidates in CA to release their tax returns if they want to appear on state primary ballots.

https://abc7.com/politics/ca-lawmake...turns/5389210/
Ah! I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder as I just thought it was Speaker Pelosi's fault. As we've discovered, Trump leaves no stone unturned when criticized or feels someone is being unfair to him, even though there are a lot of folks who actually may have voted for him in Cali that he's still going to throw under the bus with the rest of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:18 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Ah! I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder as I just thought it was Speaker Pelosi's fault. As we've discovered, Trump leaves no stone unturned when criticized or feels someone is being unfair to him, even though there are a lot of folks who actually may have voted for him in Cali that he's still going to throw under the bus with the rest of the state.
Well, he blew the GOP's chances with the well-to-do conservatives in Orange County once he raised their taxes. He's mostly popular in the hinterland away from the coast, and with property values there being what they are, most of them don't have a problem with their property tax deduction being capped.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:40 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Trump is the real cancer on this country right now. His tactics may just blow up in his face. I still can’t believe he has so many stupid followers.

Old 08-04-2019, 08:46 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump is the real cancer on this country right now. His tactics may just blow up in his face. I still can’t believe he has so many stupid followers.
I still can't believe left wing extremists aka progressives are so stupid to still believe mainstream media propaganda which has made fools and suckers out of them for the past two years. Things are about to get worse with declas of FISA warrants regarding the Russia hoax. How will they spin that, I wonder? Don Lemon will exclaim Bigfoot signed those documents!

Old 08-04-2019, 08:54 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Trump is a symptom of our broken political system. Both parties need to be abolished, politicians in either party need to be barred from ever running again, and we need to start over.

Don’t fret. Trump will be out of office eventually. The way the Democrat field is lining up leads me to think it will be after his second term, but he will be out eventually.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:14 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, he blew the GOP's chances with the well-to-do conservatives in Orange County once he raised their taxes. He's mostly popular in the hinterland away from the coast, and with property values there being what they are, most of them don't have a problem with their property tax deduction being capped.
He doesn't give a rat's *ss about California as far as reelection goes.....

It's always going to be a blue state.

All Newsom did was make California look even worse.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:23 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Sorry but no, the real cancer in our society today are progressive Democrats that have no respect for the rule of law and our own citizens.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:26 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
He doesn't give a rat's *ss about California as far as reelection goes.....

It's always going to be a blue state.

All Newsom did was make California look even worse.
Trump didn't raise taxes, he .made people in California pay the taxes that their elected politicians put in place.

You shouldn't be able to pass on your state's high taxes to people in other states by deducting them on your federal return

If Republicans want to win California, forcing Californians to bear the full tax burden of their elected leaders is the best way.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:22 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Trump didn't raise taxes, he .made people in California pay the taxes that their elected politicians put in place.

You shouldn't be able to pass on your state's high taxes to people in other states by deducting them on your federal return

If Republicans want to win California, forcing Californians to bear the full tax burden of their elected leaders is the best way.
I say Mississippi and West Virginia are the two worst states in America, but Trump would never dare criticize them.

If California wasn’t forced to fund the unproductive red states, their taxes could be much lower.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:37 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Ah, it's a cunning plan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies