Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 12:18 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Thank you! Probably don't agree with you on much. But very good post!

This is not the type of behavior we should accept from a President. This is more akin to a 12 year old boy.
It's always good to find a common ground. People can disagree on many things. However, agreeing on common decency is always a good thing. Behavior like this is not going to "make American great". The only thing it's doing is driving a wedge in society. Actually, this is a society where divides have run strong for hundreds of years. However, this isn't making things any better.

California has some problems. I don't like how some things are run in that state. California's government should be held responsible for some things. However, insulting an entire state is not going to help matters at all. Behaving like a 12 year old boy? More like behaving like a 12 year old bully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 12:18 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
lol Trump's not trying to win California but I think his comments will increase his vote count in California.

He's linking the problems in California to Democrats.
Why do so many people still dream of living in California yet nobody wants to live in Oklahoma?

Old 08-03-2019, 12:19 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Spoiler alert, I am asking for verifiable proof of this Clem post,

“Liberals believe that anybody who does not support Democrats is a racist and Russia agent”

no proof will be provided. lol.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:19 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Why do so many people still dream of living in California yet nobody wants to live in Oklahoma?
Many people do want to live in Oklahoma.

California has a beach and more interesting scenery across the state.

i don't think many people dreaming about living in the heavily Democrat voting areas that Trump is talking about in Cali.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
lol Trump's not trying to win California but I think his comments will increase his vote count in California.

He's linking the problems in California to Democrats.
I never said Trump was trying to win California. However, if he wants to get elected, being brutish and talking down on another state will only complicate things, especially in that state.

If Trump wants to talk about California's issues, he could have been honest without being a jerk. Calling California a disgrace to the entire country is tantamount to acting like a playground bully. How are people going to vote for a man who literally insulted their state? If I was living there, why would I do that?

Old 08-03-2019, 12:22 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Trump's no different now than he was and you don't have any good candidates. All of your candidates are abrasive except the Hawaiin one, so far.

You guys have been calling him a bully for years and it hasn't worked.

He's not bullying anybody by pointing out problems in a city or state and tying it to Democrats.

Bullying is something like falsely calling people racist or falsely accusing them of colluding with a foreign country

who does stuff like that i wonder.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:27 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Even Californians are embarrassed by California.

Firefighters say there has been in increase in fires started by bums. Now that many have migrated to richer sections of the city instead of living on Skid Row, even liberals are fed up, but are they fed up enough to stop supporting Demwit candidates?

https://kfiam640.iheart.com/featured...omeless-fires/

#WalkAway

Old 08-03-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
To most of Trump's base, only the rural South and parts of the Midwest qualifies as the 'real America.' So that comment resonates with Trump's base even though you are right in that it further divides the country.
To some people, the only "real America" is the rural south/rural midwest. And mainly areas with few racial minorities. Trump's comment only drives more wedges in society. On the other hand, we're already divided. President Trump is just telling many within his support base what they want to hear. He is saying how they feel. 15 years ago, I couldn't imagine a President insulting another city or state.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:29 PM

3,836 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Trump points out things that are true and people freak out. California has gone downhill after democrat leadership. I think they all should be held accountable and clean up the cities.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:32 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I am someone else who agrees that the California leadership is a disgrace, and I despise extremists at both ends of the political spectrum. I truly do wish that California would be reacquired by Mexico!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies