Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 05:07 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,698,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
President Trump is making an effort to reach out to black voters in order to make sure they are aware of how beneficial his policies are to their well being. Of course not all of them will hear his message, and not all who hear will listen. But some will, because President Trump's colorblind policies ARE beneficial to black people and will be even more so as he moves into his second term.

Of course the Democrat left and their supporters in the mass media do not like this kind of effort by Trump and his administration - even though they would call him a racist if he did NOT make this effort. Because if Trump were to be able to hive off even 8-10% of the almost totally devoted support of black voters to his side, the Democrats will not have even the tiniest chance to win this election.

But this message is not designed to appeal to the radical militant hardcore Democrat left. It is designed to appeal to people who have been very badly served by the Democrat left and their 'Policies" for over 50 years running.

It is time for a change and some of these people are going to be smart enough to realize that.

I honestly believe that Trump has invigorated the white male in America do the degree that they feel more confident and the confidence has translated into more economic risk taking, spending and investment. This same economy COULD have been achieved under Obama.....if he were white and republican, it does not matter the policies.

Much of economics is a self fulfilling prophecy based upon consumer confidence/sentiment, which is essentially how the masses feel about the direction of the economy/country. This takes effect before a new president even moves into the oval office. White males are the most powerful economic demographic in the country and they are mostly republicans. They lost a lot of confidence in the country when a black man took over as President, one who is also democrat. From their perspective, the country was going to hell. I mean....just look what they say/believe black democrats have done to the cities they ran. Don't believe for a second that they did not feel the same would happen to the country with Obama.

Trump is the "return of white male rule". Which has restored the confidence of white males and boosted the economy and lowered the black unemployment as a tertiary impact, but keep in mind that the gap between the black unemployment rate and the white unemployment rate remains unchanged. The rising tide has lifted all boats.....but it did not fix the inequality between the boats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 05:25 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,510,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I honestly believe that Trump has invigorated the white male in America do the degree that they feel more confident and the confidence has translated into more economic risk taking, spending and investment. This same economy COULD have been achieved under Obama.....if he were white and republican, it does not matter the policies.

Much of economics is a self fulfilling prophecy based upon consumer confidence/sentiment, which is essentially how the masses feel about the direction of the economy/country. This takes effect before a new president even moves into the oval office. White males are the most powerful economic demographic in the country and they are mostly republicans. They lost a lot of confidence in the country when a black man took over as President, one who is also democrat. From their perspective, the country was going to hell. I mean....just look what they say/believe black democrats have done to the cities they ran. Don't believe for a second that they did not feel the same would happen to the country with Obama.

Trump is the "return of white male rule". Which has restored the confidence of white males and boosted the economy and lowered the black unemployment as a tertiary impact, but keep in mind that the gap between the black unemployment rate and the white unemployment rate remains unchanged. The rising tide has lifted all boats.....but it did not fix the inequality between the boats.
What an incredibly racist and deceitful post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
What an incredibly racist and deceitful post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

What was racist about it and what was deceitful about it? Have we not seen, on this forum, people linking black run democratic cities to their failures? Is that a lie? I can't tell you how many times I have listened to white conservative males blame the decline of Detroit on the democratic party and corrupt, incompetent black leaders, while ignoring white flight, racism, decline of the auto industry, etc, etc.

America does not have confidence in black people.....or in black leadership....unless it is sports related. I am not saying that white people do not know black people, personally, who they have the utmost confidence in. What I am saying is that if many whites don't know the black person personally, the black person does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing I have read on the forum leads me to believe that America has confidence in black people. That is the HISTORY of the country. Is such a lie? Did not this country have a history of disrespect of black humanity and intellect? Laws cannot change the way people feel....only how they act. White males are more confident that they are taking their country back, for them, with Trump....and that translate to improved economics, since as a group, they have most of the income and wealth of the nation.

Is or is not consumer confidence an economic indicator? Can confidence in a president create self fulfilling prophecy. Are whites more confident in the political leadership of whites?

Old 08-04-2019, 06:10 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,510,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What was racist about it and what was deceitful about it? Have we not seen, on this forum, people linking black run democratic cities to their failures? Is that a lie? I can't tell you how many times I have listened to white conservative males blame the decline of Detroit on the democratic party and corrupt, incompetent black leaders, while ignoring white flight, racism, decline of the auto industry, etc, etc.

America does not have confidence in black people.....or in black leadership....unless it is sports related. I am not saying that white people do not know black people, personally, who they have the utmost confidence in. What I am saying is that if many whites don't know the black person personally, the black person does not get the benefit of the doubt.

Nothing I have read on the forum leads me to believe that America has confidence in black people. That is the HISTORY of the country. Is such a lie? Did not this country have a history of disrespect of black humanity and intellect? Laws cannot change the way people feel....only how they act. White males are more confident that they are taking their country back, for them, with Trump....and that translate to improved economics, since as a group, they have most of the income and wealth of the nation.

Is or is not consumer confidence an economic indicator? Can confidence in a president create self fulfilling prophecy. Are whites more confident in the political leadership of whites?
Corrupt, incompetent DEMOCRAT leaders. Being obsessed with and seeing everything through the lens of "race" is racist.

The point is that Democrats of whatever skin pigmentation have failed low income black people consistently and dependably for 50 years.

President Trump is bringing fresh policies that will improve these people's lives that are NOT specifically designed only for black people, but for people regardless of their skin tone.

Some of these people are going to understand this and appreciate it. Watch and see.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Corrupt, incompetent DEMOCRAT leaders. Being obsessed with and seeing everything through the lens of "race" is racist.

The point is that Democrats of whatever skin pigmentation have failed low income black people consistently and dependably for 50 years.

President Trump is bringing fresh policies that will improve these people's lives that are NOT specifically designed only for black people, but for people regardless of their skin tone.

Some of these people are going to understand this and appreciate it. Watch and see.

This POST was created through the lens of race. Race is one lens to view things.....politics is another. This country has a LONG history of BOTH being big factors. Viewing things through race is not racist....explaining things through race....is racist.

The nation that oppressed blacks people, regardless of party, has failed black people!!! You want to look at it through the lens of politics. I see the common denominator as RACE. White Republicans and White democrats, at different times in history, have worked to undermine black people. The common denominator is that it has been white people.

Look....low interest rates and government spending are not Republican policies. The Feds control interest rates and Republicans are known for "small government", yet, government spending has increased under Trump which has a stimulative impact on the economy. Any democrat could have and likely would have increased spending. Keep in mind that interest rates are artificially low and are still near historic lows, meaning that the economy is being flooded with money because its cheap to borrow. However, people just were not willing to take risk under a black president because they were not confident in him. Keep in mind the boom years of Bill Clinton.....a white male democrat. All the factors were in place for the economy to boom under Obama......and much of his Presidency was pulling the economy out of a deep recession and really did not have time to accelerate.....however, it should have had better performance than it did, if not for the decreased confidence and resentment of having a black president.

Many whites feel as if they are losing their country....or the country they knew. That reduces confidence in the future because few believe that the "change" is for the better. Obama as President really impacted peoples psyche.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies