Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 12:34 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times

Advertisements

It's his fault that things like this are happening so maybe it's a good idea for him to show up. He's encouraging this type of thing but people don't want to admit it. They love to hate people and shoot people. Trump thinks that's great, it's even funny to him. Back in May, at a rally in Panama City, he laughed when someone in the audience said we should shoot illegals.

Like most Democrats, I am not FOR illegals but I'm not for shooting them either. Just figure out a smart way to stop them. That would be enough. But people are so angry and out of control that they want to shoot people. What kind of a country are we now? We used to be peaceful and kind. Now the "tough" guys, the macho types with guns want to rule us. But most of us are sick and tired of them and their guns and shootings. It's all in the attitude. If you want guns, fine, but drop the attitude. Not everyone with a gun has a bad attitude, I realize, but the idiots with attitude who think they are so tough are ruining it for you.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Conservatives need to ignore everything the Left says because there is no pleasing them. It's a waste of time and energy.

I wonder if BigToe O'Rourke was secretly pleased this happened in El Paso. He was at the bottom of the Dem candidate pile and now gets to wave his arms in front of the cameras again. Sorry, BigToe, you are irrelevant.
The left will yield no quarter. Unholy people rarely do.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:59 AM

8,491 posts, read 4,735,625 times
Isn’t going to the site of a tragedy a de facto obligation of a President?

Old 08-07-2019, 12:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Attached is the full version I found.

My ideology has not changed for several years. My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. I am putting this here because some people will blame the President or certain presidential candidates for the attack.

Attachment 213406
This sounds like a CIA document.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
We the people of Pittsburgh did not find it respectful. We politely asked Trump not to come as we buried our dead. Yet he persisted.

Hatred has no place in our cities and communities and our USA hometowns. President Trump’s words, actions and policies have espoused and emboldened the type of violence and hatred El Paso has so tragically endured.

Rantings explaining the superiority of the shooter are mimicked by the President of the United States of America almost daily in his tweets and at his rallies. 22 people going about their week-end business were targeted and slaughtered, by a white nationalist, because of their ethnicity and skin color. The shooter, was he one of those very fine people POTUS should have condemned years ago?

A ranting hate filled person, riled up by the President's caravan speeches and ugly rhetoric, took the lives of 11 peaceful souls as they worshiped in their synagogue, in my hometown. We at that time respectfully asked Trump not to come and instead begged him to consider his words more carefully.

Respect? Weeks later he mocked those requests at rallies, laughingly telling his followers he "shouldn't say certain things because people will be upset, but you know what I mean".

I can certainly understand if El Pasoans are unwelcoming to Trump's visit. Much like his unwelcome ideas and ugly words, he rightfully should be unwelcome in places and by people he criticizes, denigrates and demonizes.
Right. With his outlook and behavior, he should be unwelcome anywhere. He has proven to not be presidential or a kind, sincere citizen and should not bother trying to act like either.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 08-07-2019 at 02:13 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-07-2019, 03:15 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,672,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I would like to see the good citizens of El Paso welcome Comrade Trump by arming themselves with over ripe tomatoes and bombarding Trump with those delicacies.

BTW, during Trump's speech did you take notice to his breathing? Trump's breathing was labored and he was out of breath at the end of the speech. Stroke or heart attack is on the way. Trump won't make it to 2020. Keep on eating those cheeseburgers!
No, it's not due to health (not that he is healthy).

You've never seen that before? I commented long ago on the sniff / snort, his "collapsing his nostrils" while in the midst of speaking which is.. just weird. He has typically done this when the nature of his speech is uncomfortable and inauthentic for him to say and he is apparently tense.

I recall many weighing in on after it being noticeable the first time, some saying he "had been snorting something", "was ill", trying to make sense of it, but I guarantee you, it's an emotional reaction to what he is having to do. (There exists other video instances of).

You won't otherwise observe "the snort" whenever he is naturally tossing out insults at his rallies or when he is yelling before the press and berating others, because that is when he is comfortably being himself.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:55 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,689 times
Trump's advisers should tell him to stay in DC for the good of the country. Who wants to hear his "empty words?" The people of El Paso and Dayton are hurting. They need to hear from someone who is sincere, empathetic and compassionate and Trump exhibits none of these characteristics.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:05 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
Since when do Left-nuts speak for all??? Hmmm...better check the army behind you before leading that charge

Old 08-07-2019, 04:07 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Trump's advisers should tell him to stay in DC for the good of the country. Who wants to hear his "empty words?" The people of El Paso and Dayton are hurting. They need to hear from someone who is sincere, empathetic and compassionate and Trump exhibits none of these characteristics.
We dont' need to be wasting any time with meaningless speeches by politicians of any stripe, including Trump. What we need is some action.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:09 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
No, I don't think so SeaMaj7. Standing up against hate and bigotry and racism and xenophobia is showing respect and love for people, for fellow Americans. It is hardly hatred! I feel sorry for you if you do not understand that.

In any event: Love trumps hate.

Peace.
Nope, the hatred is still just your PROJECTION.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies