Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 11:07 AM

19,720 posts, read 10,124,301 times

Advertisements

The mother of the shooter reported him to police several weeks ago and they would not even write a report.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:14 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I've seen anti-Trumpers on this forum excuse assaults against Trump supporters, "MAGA" hat wearers etc.

They're fine with assaults against MAGA folks; they say "MAGA" is a "caustic" slogan and such.

Just search it (I refuse to use Google anymore as they are a propaganda "search" platform):

https://www.bing.com/search?q=make%2...6D3B222F2FF2EB

https://www.bing.com/search?q=make%2...10A66EB9D16CCE
That's about all they can do. They just can't see themselves for what they truly are. INTOLERANT and DIVISIVE. So they'll excuse the inexcusable when it comes from members of their own party. Yet they can't seem to figure out why we're so divided? Why we can't all just hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" in spite of all of their hateful rhetoric and vitriol.

It's been going on well before Trump got elected. However Trump did fan the flames. I did not vote for him in the primaries. I voted for Ted Cruz. It was a toss up between either him or Ben Carson for me. I cringed when Trump secured the Republican nomination for president. I figured that his reprehensible comments towards his fellow Republican candidates would cost him the election for sure. That we would be stuck with the detestable, loathsome, criminal, pathological liar from Chicago, Arkansas, New York or wherever the hell she claims she's from. The thought of her nominating judges to the federal judiciary scared the living hell out of me. I'd rather take my chances with Trump and that's how I voted. However and in all honesty I'd never vote for any Democrat no matter who they nominate for any public office whatsoever. I've had more than my fill of both them and their policies when I lived in New York.

Now that Trump's president I'm not at all sorry that I voted for him and I will ENTHUSIASTICALLY vote for him this next time around. I really like his stance on the illegal invasion of this country and his America first agenda. I also like that he refuses to take any crap from anyone, speaks his mind whether he gets bad press or not. There's nothing worse than a politically correct phony playing to the media. Trump for the most part has kept his word and has not backed down from it. A quality that many politicians lack.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:21 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Stand strong, El Paso! Loving and compassionate Americans are with you.

NONE of the actual shooting victims still in the hospital wanted to meet with the Trump. They ALL declined.

So I guess Trump just walked around shaking hands with doctors and nurses LOL.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...01113692262401
LOL. So basically he did absolutely nothing except waste taxpayer's money for the flight down there. Which pretty much sums up his entire administration. He does absolutely nothing for the American public, except wasting tax money on stupid crap that most Americans don't even want, like a dumb wall. I really think that he is completely delusional. He actually believes that his trip down there was a smashing success.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:22 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

Now that Trump's president I'm not at all sorry that I voted for him and I will ENTHUSIASTICALLY vote for him this next time around. I really like his stance on the illegal invasion of this country and his America first agenda. I also like that he refuses to take any crap from anyone, speaks his mind whether he gets bad press or not. There's nothing worse than a politically correct phony playing to the media. Trump for the most part has kept his word and has not backed down from it. A quality that many politicians lack.
For me the Supreme Court is the only thing I have any control of going forward. I learned my lesson from past elections (Obama's first one unfortunately) I voted "Independent" (I believe I voted for Chuck Baldwin since Ron Paul wasn't on the ballot).

I learned from that mistake. Trump has a lot of flaws (what "politician" hasn't had flaws???), but I will fight like hell for him to get re-elected.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
For me the Supreme Court is the only thing I have any control of going forward. I learned my lesson from past elections (Obama's first one unfortunately) I voted "Independent" (I believe I voted for Chuck Baldwin since Ron Paul wasn't on the ballot).

I learned from that mistake. Trump has a lot of flaws (what "politician" hasn't had flaws???), but I will fight like hell for him to get re-elected.
Haven't we all. When I lived in New York I was an enthusiastic supporter of George E. Pataki. I met him several times while he was Mayor of Peekskill, N.Y. He then went on to become a state assemblyman, senator and then governor. I was convinced that he believed in everything that I stood for. Only to find out that he spoke with his mouth but talked out of his ass.

George E. Pataki stood for and believed in George E. Pataki. He was one of thee most opportunistic politicians you could ever come across. He tried to run for president but never got anywhere. Thank God for that. What a fool I was to have ever voted for him. Regardless though I would never vote for a Democrat it's not in my DNA. I should have left his slot blank and voted for all the rest.

Old 08-08-2019, 11:55 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Stand strong, El Paso! Loving and compassionate Americans are with you.

NONE of the actual shooting victims still in the hospital wanted to meet with the Trump. They ALL declined.

So I guess Trump just walked around shaking hands with doctors and nurses LOL.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/sta...01113692262401
A twitter post is accurate reporting?

The news in my area ran a story last night about President Trump's stop in El Paso. Story was approximately 8 minutes long. In total, they played a clip of President Trump talking, which was roughly 15 words in roughly 3 to 4 second clip. They showed a roughly 3 to 4 second clip of President Trump and First Lady walking down the stairs from Air Force One and then a 3 to 4 second clip of President Trump and First Lady walking back up the stairs to Air Force One, with the roughly 15 word clip in the middle of the two video clips. The rest of the 8 minutes long story, which was roughly 7 minutes 45 seconds, focused only on the anti-Trump demonstrators in and around Robert "Beto" O'Rourke's protest stage.

That's why left leaning reporting is accurately called "Fake News". Because it's not reporting on accurate accounts. The news station I watched last night and many more only aired interviews from those that are in line with their anti-Trump/Republican agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAojkJzE5oo

Fast forward to minute 1.08:00 for the start of the President meeting with El Paso leadership.

Fast forward to minute 1.16:30 for the beginning of the meeting with El Paso officials, law enforcement, first responders and the news media.

Interesting all those news reporters in and around President Trump and First Lady recording audio and video for extended amount of time, yet the only thing aired on most media news outlets is the Robert "Beto" O'Rourke protest. Go figure.

Last edited by FC76-81; 08-08-2019 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL. So basically he did absolutely nothing except waste taxpayer's money for the flight down there. Which pretty much sums up his entire administration. He does absolutely nothing for the American public, except wasting tax money on stupid crap that most Americans don't even want, like a dumb wall. I really think that he is completely delusional. He actually believes that his trip down there was a smashing success.
LOL. If he didn't go you'd raise wholly hell besides. Who the hell are you trying to kid? Everything that Trump does infuriates you. "Orange man bad". Trump didn't do anything different than any president should do and has done.

Who the hell are you to speak for most Americans? You can only speak for yourself. Did you go out and ask every single one of us what our opinions are? Instead of relying on Left wing propaganda sites?

Old 08-08-2019, 12:06 PM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Don’t need any. Trump supplies all the tomfoolery we need.

Well cheer up, I just heard that the crusading hero Michael Aventatti may be back in the race. [snicker]

Old 08-08-2019, 12:40 PM

1,768 posts, read 567,898 times
Are there any posts on this thread actually expressing sorrow for the dead people? Nah. This board doesn't care about a bunch of dead Mexicans. You're only sorry there weren't more.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The mother of the shooter reported him to police several weeks ago and they would not even write a report.
Reported him to the police for what, and how do you know this as there is no police report?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies