Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 03:07 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times

Advertisements

I thought I just heard 9 people dead...

Old 08-03-2019, 03:08 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
"Mexicans" and "illegals" are in El Paso. Trump has been ranting about how it is overrun with them and a dump.
Has been for years.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:08 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It does not take long after a spectacular mass shooting for some to blame gun free zones, prescription medications and lack of mental health opportunities.

A Gun Free Zone decal on the front door of a business does not stop anyone from C/C. It would not me if I was inclined to own and carry.

Most businesses do not scan their customers or search their customers.
I get it. Americans are beyond frustrated and angry with this crap. It’s sad though that we’ve taken a societal problem and turned it into a battle over political ideology that we engage in daily debate over, yet we still have these guys out there going loco and killing in huge numbers, with no end in sight.

Seems we argue about every facet of this issue BUT “wtf is causing young men in this country to lose their stuff like this?” Is it biological? Is it environmental? Is it societal? How do we identify and stop it?

Old 08-03-2019, 03:09 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Patrick Crusius is 21 years old today because Patrick's birthday is on 07/27/1998. Patrick's Reputation Score is 3.18. Allen, TX, is where Patrick Crusius lives today. We know that Patrick's political affiliation is currently a registered Democrat Party; ethnicity is unknown; and religious views are listed as unknown. Prudence Liu, Megan Liu, Melissa Liu, Susan Davis and Susan Davis, and many others are family members and associates of Patrick. View All Details

Birthday: 7/27/1998
Political Party: Democrat Party
Ethnicity: Info Pending...
Religion: Info Pending...

Income: Info Pending...
Net Worth: Info Pending...
Relationship: Info Pending...
Kids: Info Pending...

Patrick has yet to verify this information. See any inaccuracies? Edit for Free

https://www.mylife.com/patrick-crusius/e101010224329068
It’s the Democratic Party, not the Democrat party. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demo...(United_States)

You can tell it’s a right-winger that wrote this.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:10 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Patrick Crusius is 21 years old today because Patrick's birthday is on 07/27/1998. Patrick's Reputation Score is 3.18. Allen, TX, is where Patrick Crusius lives today. We know that Patrick's political affiliation is currently a registered Democrat Party; ethnicity is unknown; and religious views are listed as unknown. Prudence Liu, Megan Liu, Melissa Liu, Susan Davis and Susan Davis, and many others are family members and associates of Patrick. View All Details

Birthday: 7/27/1998
Political Party: Democrat Party
Ethnicity: Info Pending...
Religion: Info Pending...

Income: Info Pending...
Net Worth: Info Pending...
Relationship: Info Pending...
Kids: Info Pending...

Patrick has yet to verify this information. See any inaccuracies? Edit for Free

https://www.mylife.com/patrick-crusius/e101010224329068
^ ?

Social media posters have identified dozens as this mass shooter.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:11 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
I was irate with the idea of arming teachers. My job description does not entail wielding fire arms just because the school district doesn’t want to pay for an actual trained police officer to be in the building. I am not nor will I ever be a police officer. I am a school teacher- which encompasses many other roles but gun toting vigilante isnt one of them.

Unfortunately mass shootings are here to stay. Gun control will never impact them - just like the war on drugs did not improve drug problems. Making schools gun free zones won’t work either. We need armed police officers in school. Luckily I’m in a district that has one. And we had a district meeting with the local
PD and they were very informative and made us feel better.

Every single parent should have to go through an unplanned lockdown drill to know how terrifying it is.
The problem is, the cure is worse than the disease.
If we are going to have armed guards at every school and institution then just admit we are a defacto police state. The innocent civilians and people carrying own their business do not want to be bothered with this.

I do not fly anymore because of the gestapo at airports.
I do not go to concerts, amusement parks or large gatherings anymore because they all have the gestapo there as well.

There are many other countries that are more free than the USA and take a different approach with better results.

99% of the time, the gestapo act as a cleanup crew rather than prevention from determined individuals that want to take lives.

The only ones that will be punished are law abiding freedom loving citizens.

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Might be time to re open the asylums and put people in them who are a problem before THIS happens.
I doubt this is mental illness, it is hate. If that is mental illness then at least 1 out of 10 Americans needs to be put in an asylum.

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
It’s the Democratic Party, not the Democrat party. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demo...(United_States)
Actually, no it isn't. They are Democrats. Here is their website.

https://democrats.org/

If they want to change their name to the Democratics Party, they should do that and make it official.

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I agree. That's the million dollar question.

Look at all the mental illness we have now.
Been saying it, going to keep saying it.

While the mouth breathers want to blame anything but that, some people are aware that you don't shoot massive amounts of innocent people unless you got something fricken wrong with your brain.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:12 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Just another beautiful day in America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies