Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 05:19 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hey, I have no problem if Texans want to issue a gun to every nut out there. Go ahead. They are already at 3X the gun violence rate of my "reasonable" state and maybe they can "gun" for more.....

Me? I'm going to choose to live in - and visit - and support....places that care about human beings and civil society. At some point even Texans will tire of the slaughter. Many will die first. But that is what they want.

But, please, try to keep the gun nuts at home. I think that is the natural tendency anyway so am not too worried for now.

Still, Texas delivers us mass death in more ways than one. Nuts like (native) Alex Jones rile up hate all over the country...

There will be a point when decent Americans take over and say no. I may not live to see it, but it will likely happen. I'm an optimist because the alternative to that is either failed country or some splits in the Union (which is really fine with me too....if some people desire a more violent society, let them wall themselves off).
You may be on to something.

Are you saying that if we increase gun ownership in many states, that liberals will stay away or move out of them?

Decent Americans still have the 2nd Amendment to protect them from liberal fascists.

Did it ever occur to you that the open borders you love bring both illegal firearms and drugs into the nation? Yet you are fine with that, as well as all the criminals that come in.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:20 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What does indiscriminately shooting people at a Wal-Mart have to do with "White nationalism"?
There is an unconfirmed manifesto circulating. Not sure if it's real or not.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:20 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Quote:
What does indiscriminately shooting people at a Wal-Mart have to do with "White nationalism"?
This is more symptomatic of a failed society, failed family units, failed liberal policies, feminism, lack of morality, lack of fear of god, lying media pushing a Narrative . Etc..

Old 08-03-2019, 05:22 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
There is an unconfirmed manifesto circulating. Not sure if it's real or not.
So what? I will ask the question again.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:23 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hey, I have no problem if Texans want to issue a gun to every nut out there. Go ahead. They are already at 3X the gun violence rate of my "reasonable" state and maybe they can "gun" for more.....

Me? I'm going to choose to live in - and visit - and support....places that care about human beings and civil society. At some point even Texans will tire of the slaughter. Many will die first. But that is what they want.

But, please, try to keep the gun nuts at home. I think that is the natural tendency anyway so am not too worried for now.

Still, Texas delivers us mass death in more ways than one. Nuts like (native) Alex Jones rile up hate all over the country...

There will be a point when decent Americans take over and say no. I may not live to see it, but it will likely happen. I'm an optimist because the alternative to that is either failed country or some splits in the Union (which is really fine with me too....if some people desire a more violent society, let them wall themselves off).
The problem is what do you plan to do about the police state and our freedoms and our being harassed.
I do not want the cops either to protect us, because they cause more damage and death than the bad guys since they are so trigger happy these days.

If I see a large gathering of cop cars and cops with their lights going on the road, I RUN the other way because it is not safe with them around.

Cops do zero to take care of the problem, they just clean it up after it is all said and done.

Do you think cops are going to play Rambo and take out the bad guy?
They want to go home at night safe and sound.
They are going to exit the buildings and stake out a position waiting for the bad guy that never leaves because majority of the time, they off themselves as well.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:24 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Let's say you're a cop and you respond to a call of a shooter in a WalMart. You run in with your gun drawn and see a guy standing there with a pistol drawn. Is the guy with the gun the shooter or is it some citizen with his personal firearm? If you multiply that by several dozen people with their personal weapons it would seem to create a situation in which telling the bad guy from the good is hard. In other words it impedes the ability of the police to do an effective job.
We've established that people carrying guns aren't doing that.

Quote:
I can sort of see how keeping a handgun around the house (only if you don't have kids in the house) can be a reasonable thing but the whole concealed carry thing seems crazy and asking for trouble.
Except that people carrying guns aren't getting involved.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:24 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
Quote:
So what? I will ask the question again.

Because he spells out in the manifesto that the reason he carried out the attack was because of white nationalism.

Like I said though, could be fake news.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:25 PM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
You obviously missed the key word "If".
This gentleman is very well trained. Actually worked side by side with my husband over the past several years in the military.
I did not miss anything....

I Pointing out that your posts are unrealistic in a situation such as this. You specifically said you would look for someone like him. In a room full of strangers in chaos, you would have no clue who is who. For you know you would be hiding behind an active shooter.

You are living in a movie....

Old 08-03-2019, 05:25 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
I'm sure lots of useless thoughts and prayers are issuing forth as we speak.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:26 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,049,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Would you rather live in a society where people don't want to do things like this or one where people are prevented from doing things like this?
They caught him and they'll find out what made him do this.
The first society doesn't exist. So it's a moot point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies