Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 08:24 PM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
It's a shame that all the politicians on the right can do is give "thoughts and prayers". When are politicians on the right going to stop those suffering from mental health conditions from owning weapons of mass killings.
What a BS, fake statement!

Republicans have been calling for better mental health care, etc. but if you only watch CNN and MSNBC then you are only get misinformed.

Usually at approx. 40 people start using their brains and start to think for themselves and become a Republican, except for the smart ones that have used their brains all their life’s.

Actually, this is a time for thoughts and prayers and helping the ones that need to be helped.

I wonder what the family or friends of the shooter may have know and could have done to prevent this from happening. I can’t imagine that a normal functioning person gets up in the morning and picks up a gun and goes to Walmart to shoot so many people and will get to prison for the rest of his life.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:25 PM

5,240 posts, read 3,588,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
It's 10:20 pm. Has Trumped been dragged into this yet?
Yes, the terrorist has his rally points all over his manifesto & worries about Texas going Blue.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,056,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The problem is mental health. There is nothing positive that will happen until the mental health component is dealt with. THAT doesn't mean abusing 5150 laws. It means people who are showing serious signs of impending violence are forced to get help.
Yep. I agree. Forced to get help and obviously have their guns taken away and be flagged in NICS.

It is a gun control issue, but controlling the guns of specific individuals.

Maybe people should have to take a psych test regularly, including before buying their first firearm, if they are to continue to own firearms. One concern I would have is that some might turn the psych test into a political test: voted for Trump? no firearms for you. That wouldn't be right. But I think we all agree that psychos are not responsible owners of weapons.

Another issue is that many veterans suffer from PTSD, and to do this right would mean those poor bastards have to get flagged in NICS as well. I hate to say that, as a veteran, but if a psychiatrist finds that your PTSD is a form which could make you violent, you probably need to be flagged in NICS.

It's a hard problem. But yes, I agree, in terms of mass shooters, it is a mental health issue. Identifying them and dealing with them.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:28 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,857,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Incidentally, let the record show that he is undoubtedly more sympathetic to republicans than democrats:

"So the Democrats are nearly unanimous with their support of immigration while the Republicans are divided over it. At least with Republicans, the process of mass immigration and citizenship can be greatly reduced. "
Let the record show that being less critical doesn't equal agreeing with. It just means the individual has less issues with or feels less insulted by.

For example depending on the topic I will hammer the left without dragging the right into the conversation. Not because I am hard right, but because the topic is what it is. I detest hardliners regardless of party.

If you are anti illegal immigrant you absolutely will be more sympathetic towards the Republicans. I mean just look at the rhetoric being used by the left.

38,496 posts, read 25,757,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
The left is also completely ignoring the part of his manifesto railing against the environment being destroyed....
Are you implying that it is the right that destroys the environment?

26,212 posts, read 19,474,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Millions of invaders, 10s of thousands of Americans killed. I’m suprised it took this long for someone to snap back.
What on earth…..

Old 08-03-2019, 08:29 PM

2,895 posts, read 1,840,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are you implying that it is the right that destroys the environment?
It's a left talking point to blame the right for the environment

Old 08-03-2019, 08:29 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,263,732 times
At all the construction job sites I have worked at.....the Hispanic workers have always been the nicest and most hardworking bunch I have ever met. Always smiling, making jokes and playing their music. Happy people who are grateful for what they have, even if it means hard work for little pay.

I used to be anti-immigrant myself...until I started interacting and working with these people...and my mind was completely changed. We NEED these people. They are an essential piece of the fabric in America. We should be making their lives easier here, not harder.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:31 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,471,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
That guy that shot John Lennon. Yep a Jodie Foster guy to be sure. It was Jodi Foster's fault... ?
Pretty sure you are mixing up your crazed gun-toting shooters.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:31 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,857,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
At all the construction job sites I have worked at.....the Hispanic workers have always been the nicest and most hardworking bunch I have ever met. Always smiling, making jokes and playing their music. Happy people who are grateful for what they have, even if it means hard work for little pay.

I used to be anti-immigrant myself...until I started interacting and working with these people...and my mind was completely changed. We NEED these people. They are an essential piece of the fabric in America. We should be making their lives easier here, not harder.
Anti-immigrant or anti-illegal immigrant? There is a world of difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies