Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 11:16 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,675,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
He supported Trump and the New Zealand shooter according to his manifesto:

The precise contents of the manifesto, a document appearing on the website 8chan before the shooting rampage, spoke about the “invasion” of Latino immigrants and noted that the writer agreed with the shooter who killed scores of worshipers in March at a mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand. The document was uploaded by an anonymous user who posted another document under the file name “P._Crusius.” That file was taken down, and it is not clear what it contained.
In what part of the manifesto does he praise Trump? I see the praise for the New Zealand shooter. The only thing I see about Trump is him saying all of his ideas predate Trump. He says the Republican party is also terrible and are pro-corporation, equating pro-corporation with being pro-immigration.

He goes on for quite a bit about the environment and how farming and drilling are destroying the environment, along with consumer culture.

This guy is pretty messed up and has a lot of muddled ideas. I know I've said this already, but I think it's disgusting to take mass shootings and try to cherry pick certain parts you like and ignoring parts that you don't like from the shooter's manifesto.

If you already hate Trump, fine, but this manifesto doesn't seem to support him. All the language, such as invaders, was used long before Trump. He seems to be very pro-environmentalist, but nobody seems to be attacking the Green Party.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:18 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I'm not wrong at all.
Go ahead, call for an increase in immigration from "brown" countries - then work to make it happen.
You won't.

Ken
Of course I won't. I don't think we need to CALL for anyone but if we do it's probably best if they are prepared to be American and take care of themselves without putting pressure on our society, regardless of their skin tone.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Word about him is about what I expected. A loner who kept to himself, didn't have friends, the weird kid, not well liked in school, anger issues, etc. I wonder if there was any intervention that could have changed things or if there was some intervention that may have contributed to it. Maybe some minds are just broke from the get go..
I was just like that in high school. Like most of the shooters, I had an ugly face and had to seek being alone as much as possible to avoid the relentless bullying over it. Telling a guy he has an ugly face is one of the worst things you can ever say to anyone. Being called gay all the time or the unprintable word for it would have hurt less. So, had some anger issues, but never felt like I had to really totally ruin my life for sure by getting back with a wild shooting spree. So not all loners feel compelled to go shooting. I bet only a very tiny minority so much as think about planning it.

Bullying does cause a lot of harm to the individual being bullied and society has long been doing a poor job of putting a stop to it. I think many adults actually feel ugly people are quite worthy of getting bullied.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:19 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
In what part of the manifesto does he praise Trump? I see the praise for the New Zealand shooter. The only thing I see about Trump is him saying all of his ideas predate Trump. He says the Republican party is also terrible and are pro-corporation, equating pro-corporation with being pro-immigration.

He goes on for quite a bit about the environment and how farming and drilling are destroying the environment, along with consumer culture.

This guy is pretty messed up and has a lot of muddled ideas. I know I've said this already, but I think it's disgusting to take mass shootings and try to cherry pick certain parts you like and ignoring parts that you don't like from the shooter's manifesto.

If you already hate Trump, fine, but this manifesto doesn't seem to support him. All the language, such as invaders, was used long before Trump. He seems to be very pro-environmentalist, but nobody seems to be attacking the Green Party.
The perp didn't shoot folks for "cutting down trees". He shot them for being Hispanic in America.

Ken

Old 08-03-2019, 11:20 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
You are the one that said something needs to be done, so I am asking.

It is not always white, right wing, terrorists that commit such things; need me to name others?
Go for it. Name the last 20 mass shooting in the USA. Educate yourself.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Shootings are only caused by white men? Go to Chicago and tell me that is true
Mass shootings. With high capacity semi autos.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:21 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,315,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...manifesto.html

Crusius’ social media accounts were all taken down relatively quickly but not before some were able to detect that he liked a lot of alt-right content. He liked tweets that had the #BuildtheWall hashtag as well as “a photo using guns to spell out ‘Trump,’ and posts from Paul Joseph Watson, a far-right Youtuber who works with Alex Jones at InfoWars,” notes the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
They are personal protection and safety... Not to play Rambo. Stop playing arm chair hero... This was explained in CHL classes.

It is an extremely chaotic situation with so many unknowns.

I don't know how many or who are active shooters.

Cops don't know who I am.

Others don't know who I am.

I don't want to accidentally shoot an innocent and have to live with that the rest of my life.

Several licensed owners have explained in this very thread. It's stupid to play hero.... You will either are lucky or dead.... Not good chances. It's stupidity to think otherwise.
There goes the argument, "A good guy with a gun.... "

Old 08-03-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And neither is gun control.
Because there isn't any. Where is the background checks at gun shows? Where are the high capacity magazine restrictions? Where is the required training? Where is the licensing? Where is the registration? Where is the red flagging?

Where?

Old 08-03-2019, 11:24 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Of course I won't. I don't think we need to CALL for anyone but if we do it's probably best if they are prepared to be American and take care of themselves without putting pressure on our society, regardless of their skin tone.
The vast majority of immigrants - including illegal immigrants - do exactly that. And if they were here legally even more would do that. You proved my point. You are not against ILLEGAL immigration, but against immigration from such countries PERIOD.
Most immigrants - both legal and illegal - are harder working than most native born Americans. That's the way it's always been, and it's the way it is today. And many of the native-born Americans have always been prejudiced against them. It used to be the Irish immigrants who were hated, then the Germans and Italians and the Japanese and Chinese. Today it's Hispanics Same stupid racist BS, different day. People never learn it seems. Folks are just plain stupid.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies