Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Beto O'Rourke: Trump's 'racism' leads to violence like El Paso mass shooting
Yes 80 32.65%
No 158 64.49%
Other 7 2.86%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:22 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read the manifesto. The shooter quite clearly complains that the influx of millions of dependent migrants will make it harder to achieve ambitious social projects like universal health care and UBI. Neither of those are Trump's agenda or the right-wing's agenda. Those are leftists' goals, and Dem presidential candidates are campaigning on them.
I read it. It looked like Donald Trump campaign speech, accusing immigrants of every ill in the nation (much like you are doing).

Old 08-04-2019, 06:24 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
The shooter was a "progressive".

Beto is a pandering idiot who couldn't beat Lying Ted Cruz with $80,000,000. And now he got this one wrong too. He wanted Universal Heath Care and Universal Basic Income. That's leftist stuff.

From his manifesto.
In the near future, America will have to initiate a basic universal income to prevent widespread poverty and civil unrest as people lose their jobs (to automation). Joblessness is in itself a source of civil unrest. The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.”
AND
“The decimation of our environment is creating a massive burden for future generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our environment by shamelessly overharvesting resources.”
AND
“I am against race mixing because it destroys genetic diversity and creates identity problems….But the idea of deporting or murdering all non-white Americans is horrific. Many have been here as long as the whites, and have done as much to build our country. The best solution to this for now would be to divide America int a confederacy of territories with at least 1 territory for each race.”
The Left Including "beh toe" have been spouting out this sort of nonsense for the last 3 years. And of course we get the usual suspects here to can't help themselves but to blame it on Trump.

I suspect this topic will die now because the Trump haters absolutely can't stand being called out on their own nonsense. And to the 26 people who voted "yes" it is YOU who are the problem.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:28 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I read it. It looked like Donald Trump campaign speech, accusing immigrants of every ill in the nation (much like you are doing).
Again, universal health care and UBI isn't Trump's agenda. That's the leftists' agenda, and the Dem presidential candidates are campaigning on them.

I'm not sure how you missed the fact that the shooter, in his manifesto, complains that the influx of millions of dependent migrants will make it harder to achieve ambitious social projects like universal health care and UBI.

And that's just one example. WaldoKitty's post quotes several more examples of left-wing talking points directly from the shooter's manifesto.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:30 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The shooter was a "progressive".

Beto is a pandering idiot who couldn't beat Lying Ted Cruz with $80,000,000. And now he got this one wrong too. He wanted Universal Heath Care and Universal Basic Income. That's leftist stuff.

From his manifesto.
In the near future, America will have to initiate a basic universal income to prevent widespread poverty and civil unrest as people lose their jobs (to automation). Joblessness is in itself a source of civil unrest. The less dependents on a government welfare system, the lower the unemployment rate, the better. Achieving ambitious social projects like universal healthcare and UBI would become far more likely to succeed if tens of millions of defendants are removed.”
AND
“The decimation of our environment is creating a massive burden for future generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our environment by shamelessly overharvesting resources.”
AND
“I am against race mixing because it destroys genetic diversity and creates identity problems….But the idea of deporting or murdering all non-white Americans is horrific. Many have been here as long as the whites, and have done as much to build our country. The best solution to this for now would be to divide America int a confederacy of territories with at least 1 territory for each race.”
The Left Including "beh toe" have been spouting out this sort of nonsense for the last 3 years. And of course we get the usual suspects here to can't help themselves but to blame it on Trump.

I suspect this topic will die now because the Trump haters absolutely can't stand being called out on their own nonsense. And to the 26 people who voted "yes" it is YOU who are the problem.
You are 100% correct but don't expect any lefties to believe the truth. They can only mindlessly parrot what CNN, MSNBC, etc., tells them.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:31 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
You need to read the manifesto. The shooter quite clearly states that the influx of millions of dependent migrants will make it harder to achieve ambitious social projects like universal health care and UBI.

Now... ask yourself... WHO'S advocating for and campaigning on universal health care and UBI? Trump? No. It's the Dems.
Mr chopchop was trained to not see this. The Left: create the condition, then blame the reaction to it as extremism.

We know the strategy.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:33 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Agree? The shooters manifesto was supportive of trump and his dog whistles to white supremacists has been known for years, as is support from David Duke

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/polit...nce/index.html
Nope, but I am definitely thinking Betos is the one behind the El Paso shooting. He and his cronies either threatened the guy's family if he didn't carry this out, or he might be working as a special ops or defense contractor and Betos set the whole thing up for political points. There is no telling what these politicians will do for their agendas. Research Operation Northwoods to get a grasp at what these psychos will do. Heck, look what the prosecutors in Chicago did with Jussie Smollett. Drop the charges of him faking an attack.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:34 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Again, universal health care and UBI isn't Trump's agenda.
Nor was it the killers agenda. He had an anti-immigrant agenda, just like you and your messiah (Trump). He was trying to use welfare costs as a justification for his hate, which is exactly what the right-wingers always do when they talk about the cost of immigration.

That is why his manifesto reads like Trump campaign speech.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:35 AM

4,830 posts, read 3,259,357 times
I didn't read what's been posted so far... but in case it hasn't been said yet, 'Beto' is an idiot.

I'm sure that's a hurtful thing to say, but it's the nicest way I could put it.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:36 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nor was it the killers agenda. He had an anti-immigrant agenda, just like you and your messiah (Trump). He was trying to use welfare costs as a justification for his hate, which is exactly what the right-wingers always do when they talk about the cost of immigration.

That is why his manifesto reads like Trump campaign speech.
Incorrect. You've just been busted too. Grow up and move on. This had nothing to do with Trump.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:36 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,181,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Agree? The shooters manifesto was supportive of trump and his dog whistles to white supremacists has been known for years, as is support from David Duke

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/03/polit...nce/index.html
In some respects, the "debate" over whether Trump himself is or is not a racist is irrelevant. What it even means to be a racist is not something that many people can understand. I have never lynched anyone, I am not a racist!! I have a gay friend, I am not a homophone! I cannot even begin to tell you how eye-roll worthy being someone's "gay" friend is to my son. How about I am just your friend? But they can't see it. I have never (successfully) grabbed 'em by the *****! I am not a sexist! These people will simply Never Get It.

What is indisputable, regardless of Trump's actual view to the degree that he has any, is that his so-called leadership has emboldened the worst in others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies