Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 04:32 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What hateful rhetoric? To Dems, saying “illegal immigration” is bad is “hateful rhetoric”
The El Paso shooter posted his Manifesto. He comes off as a white separatist. I'd advise you to read it if there is a discussion about him.

I find it disgusting that people immediately make these events political. The vast majority of People in either Dems and Reps parties aren't mass murderers no matter much you disagree with their politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 04:35 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,490,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
No..he wasn't. You affiliate every year when you vote. And you can change affiliation each year.

I lived and voted in Texas for over 20 years so stop with the BS.
You are confusing the mass murderers. It's easy to do since these are a weekly occurrence.

The Ohio murderer was registered Democrat, the Texas one only voted Democrat in the last election.

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well, I don't think a place like Texas has gun laws. They can carry guns around in public! Can you imagine going into a town and people are walking around with guns on them, as if it's 1775 and we are having a revolution? I cannot imagine going into a Walmart and being around people who think it's cool to wear guns.

Here in MA and CT, we have strict gun laws and we have two of the safest states. The main thing we'd worry about was someone from a gun addicted state coming here and shooting people. I am getting so fed up with these people that I just wish they would stay out of our states. Stay where they belong, back in the 1700s when we actually needed our own grassroots militia.
Vermont and Maine have much more liberal gun laws. Are they less safe than Mass and CT? Can't they go into a town and walk around with guns on them like the 1700's?

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That's why I don't go to bars. Even as a child I heard enough stories about people getting shot in bars. Alcohol and guns don't mix.
People and guns don't mix.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:37 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,628 posts, read 17,961,729 times
I don't understand how he got there to the bar/liquor store/whatever.

He went, with his sister and her boyfriend, in the wee hours, while he was carrying an assault rifle and wearing a bullet proof vest?

So I guess he had all that stuff in the trunk, and at some point decided to use it that night? I wonder how many other nights he thought about doing this and just didn't?

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/na...9-c8f842fd93b7

Old 08-04-2019, 04:56 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So I guess he had all that stuff in the trunk, and at some point decided to use it that night? I wonder how many other nights he thought about doing this and just didn't?
Maybe the "other guy" who was with him and his sister, who was injured but survived, can help shed was light on his mindset and what happened?

I heard a report that while in high school Betts created some sort of "hit list" of people he didn't like and had angry issues with women who rejected him, sounds like a nut case.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:57 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Really? What does an Antifa terrorist look like? Can you find an illustration for us of a member of Antifa in uniform, or maybe provide a link?

Also - why would an Antifa member write a xenophobic and racist manifesto? Antifa is anti-fascist, not anti-immigrant. Thanks for your answers in advance.
There are numerous videos of ANTIFA members attacking Trump supporters on YT. Go there and search and if YT hasn't fiddled with their search mode you will see for yourself. Not going to do the work for you. Antifa have been around awhile.
Latest I've heard is the shooter is a Progressive Leftist. I'll post more when I find more information. Haven't caught up in the thread so it may already be posted here.

Old 08-04-2019, 05:20 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Really? What does an Antifa terrorist look like? Can you find an illustration for us of a member of Antifa in uniform, or maybe provide a link?
Your news is censored so you wouldn't know
Plenty of videos on youtube showing Antifa attacking conservatives.
Latest attack. Victim hired a good attorney to sue the city.

Antifa have their own flag modeled after the Nazi flag.
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019...d-protest.html

https://browse.startpage.com/do/show...661f&t=default

Old 08-04-2019, 06:07 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I'm not directly blaming Trump for either event but his constant hateful rhetoric certainly isn't helpful, his voting record is a weal attempt to deflect from Trump but this is all you have.
What rhetoric is hateful exactly? You can post examples of anything you think would trigger a shooter.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:29 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
The Dayton killer was a democrat Satanist.

Who loved Elizabeth Warren.

Please denounce Warren.

This is 4th democrat shooter this year not including El Paso guy who was close
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies